PDA

View Full Version : ...arrests made at Toronto Humane Society.. UPDATE #14

king2005
11-27-2009, 01:26 AM
FINALLY!!
I have been waiting for well over a year for this to happen!
I haven't been able to open my mouth about this, but I'm soooooo relieved that something is FINALLY being done!!

There is a LOT more BS that is going on there, & I have been in full support of the Law bringing those A-holes to justice!! This is a MAJOR step closer to fixing that place and helping the animals in need, & keeping the public safe too!

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091126/091126_THS/20091126/?hub=CP24Home

Queen of Poop
11-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Absolutely unbelievable!! Lock them up without food and water I say!

aTailOf2Kitties
11-27-2009, 08:58 AM
it's so sad when a "shelter" can't take care of animals. The Memphis Animal Shelter got raided about a month ago and the conditions were even more deplorable. Quite a few animals in there had been deprived food and water for so long they had to be euthenized.:eek:

Laura's Babies
11-27-2009, 09:46 AM
OMG! These stories are awful! Yes, lock them up without food and water too! How do they defend themselves for starving animals they are suppose to be helping?

phesina
11-27-2009, 11:13 AM
I am horrified when I hear stories like this..

I am so sorry for the stray animals of Toronto and all the other places (everywhere) where this kind of thing happens, more and more these days.

redbird
11-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I am so glad to hear that something is finally being done.

Queen of Poop
11-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I just read an update, 4 animals had to be put down because they were in such poor shape. One puppy, 2 cats and 1 racoon. I'm so sorry little ones, but you're in a better place now.

momcat
11-27-2009, 04:36 PM
There is no excuse for an establishment dedicated to helping animals in need to deny those animals their basic needs. What a horrible situation! One thing that really bothers me in the article is that a veterinarian is part of the neglect. If he is guilty revoke his license. Please let us know how this plays out?

phesina
11-27-2009, 06:22 PM
I am so sorry and sickened to learn of this. This is much worse than animals just being ignored and mistreated by the general public. This is people supposedly in a position of trust and responsibility abusing that trust and responsibility, to the dire misfortune of the animals who need the help so much.

king2005
11-28-2009, 02:33 PM
OMG it just got much worse!!!

Official calls animal shelter 'house of horrors'; reports finding mummified cat

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091127/091127_ths/20091127/?hub=CP24Home

momcat
11-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Right now I'm sick to my stomach after reading this latest report :mad: I have way to much respect for my fellow PTers to say what's really on my mind right now but fill in your own expletives. Please excuse me, I need to go hug my cat Groucho. I'm praying many prayers for those poor animals.

moosmom
11-29-2009, 08:05 AM
That is wonderful news!!! I wish our system worked as good as the Canadian system does.

king2005
11-29-2009, 12:11 PM
That is wonderful news!!! I wish our system worked as good as the Canadian system does.

Our OSPCA (Ontario SPCA...) is quite good & they don't take ****. When I had to deal with them, they were VERY serious, but polite & friendly too. They quickly realized that a false Report was made on me and the guy ended up chatting with me and hasn't bothered me since. Sure I'm NOT happy I was put into the system, but they responded FAST and found me very quickly (not like it was hard lol).

Back home the OSPCA (its partnered with L.A.W.S....Lanark Animal Welfare Society) worked on a sensitive case for quite some time. They knew what was going on, but they couldn't act on it until they had solid evidence. They worked hard for a yr to get what they needed to raid the house. When they did it was horrific! I don't remember all the details, but there was just under 100 Golden Retrievers crammed into the house & they were ALL related (inbreeding like you haven't seen before), fed bread in the wrappers, never saw the day of light, lived in their feces, and hard to fight and kill others to eat (they were eating the weaker dog). All the dogs were accessed on the premises & some had to be put down (obvious reasons) ASAP. Most were accessed later for temperament. The crazy ones and down right aggressive ones were put down. Many with minor issues that they believe could be corrected with training were then given a more indepth health check. The ones that failed were put down (they were really really really ill) & the ones that had a chance at surviving with treatments and love were fostered across Canada & possibly the USA. They were really strict not to put down a dog that had a chance of a normal life. From what I heard nearly all the dogs fostered out didn't come back. Only a couple came back as they had sever aggression issues (they were unstable) and were accessed again & put down as they were crazy.

Our system is good, but it can always be better of course. But with the OSPCA stomping on the THS I know things will get better. I just hope new laws will be created becuase of this. Everyone had GREAT respect for the THS and many people donate to them regularly, so there will be a public outcry for change.

The THS even has it's own tv show. Not sure if it's still on the air, but it was when I was a teen.

king2005
12-04-2009, 02:30 PM
This is the article I was waiting to read. Ok it's horrible, but it's about time they found that Bandit was still alive & still aggressive. There is more to Bandit then the story says, & I'm waiting for that to be released next. As much as I LOVE animals, Bandit needs to be PTS NOW!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/mummified-cat-found-in-humane-society-ceiling/article1379941/

Catty1
12-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I looked at the pic gallery. Just made me sick...Trow must have his head on another planet. I hope they do toxicology tests on him!:mad:

Medusa
12-05-2009, 06:25 AM
I couldn't read any of the links; just don't have the heart for it today but I get the general idea. Justice for the animals is what counts and I'm glad to see that's what's going to happen.

king2005
12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I looked at the pic gallery. Just made me sick...Trow must have his head on another planet. I hope they do toxicology tests on him!:mad:

I didn't even notice the gallery. Kinda wish I didn't look at it.. It's really sad & well, gross!! My god, how could anyone allow those poor cats to be in so much pain. The poor kitty with the oozing eyes :(:(:(

momcat
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Please understand that I can't look at any of the pictures of this unspeakable and horrible situation. Right now all I can do is pray for these poor animals in between my tears. I have to hug my Groucho right now, and to all my PT friends, please give your precious companions a nice hug from me?

lvpets2002
12-07-2009, 12:56 PM
:(:( That is just so Horrible.. I cannot look at the pictures.. I will get so sick & very mad.. Its so HeartBreaking.. If you cannot trust the Shelters then who can you trust?? Just so Disgusting:mad: