PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Virus alert

phesina
11-26-2009, 09:26 PM
To those of you whose e-mail addresses I have, you probably got an e-mail from "me" today with nothing but links in it.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK. JUST DELETE THE MESSAGE.

I seem to have gotten a virus which sent e-mails of this sort to every address in my address book. Laura sent me a PM alerting me about it and asking if I'd sent her such a mail because she suspected not.

Then I looked at my e-mail account, which had a number of bounced-back messages and some from other people who wondered if I'd sent that.

I had my virus checker, FProt, do a full computer scan, which found one and quarantined it.

Now I am figuring out how best to clean up the mess. If any of you have gotten one of these, please delete it, and then run your virus checker.

Sorry for any trouble I have inadvertently caused, and good luck,
Pat

Laura's Babies
11-27-2009, 09:23 AM
It is not your fault so don't think that it is. It's those idiots that create those things who are at fault.. Like I told you in the PM, I think it is all over the internet because I find my internet and a lot of people I email say theirs have slowed down like mine or are having various other problems.

The day mine started, it was working fine one minute, the next it crawls at a snails pace and still does.. the next morning I saw on the news that the air traffic controller computers had a glitch and air traffic had slowed down for that day... Hours later I got a phone call from Rie and she had something on her computer that was blocking her from doing anything... then I get a email from my sister telling me she could no longer get into her email and didn't know why... she had created a yahoo address to email everybody.

I called my ISP to ask if there was something going around all over the USA on the internet and of coarse they didn't know anything about it. I still haven't seen anything on TV mentioning it. But I think it is a virus that was unleashed on a certain date and it has effected a lot of computers. I just find it awfully odd that all of a sudden, everybody is having problems..

So PLEASE folks, do not click on ANY links that come in any emails that are not personal ones that you knew were coming.... and when on the internet, do not click on unknown links that you know nothing about.

catmandu
11-27-2009, 09:41 AM
I never answer anything where I dont recognize the source, there too may thieves out there and My Found Ctas and I are poor and cannot afford to be scammed.:o:o