PDA

View Full Version : hello and question

monkaz82
11-25-2009, 05:50 PM
sayin hello to everyone, im new here. i have what i believe is a red color point apple head maybe siamese. anyways i have a question why is this kind of cat so hard to find just the red point alone is. and im sure thats what he is ? lol

Moesha
11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Hello and welcome to Pet Talk. You have a nice looking kitty there. I am not an expert by any means on Siamese cats, but I think I have seen some others post about kitties with similar coloration to yours. I've often heard them referred to as flame point Siamese cats. There may be a thread in the Cat Breeds section here on the forums, or you could do an online search and see if is what your kitty looks like. Either way, I'm sure you'll get other more helpful responses. But I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Karen
11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes, a lot of people refer tp them as "flame point" instead of "red point," but he is handsome either way!

aTailOf2Kitties
11-25-2009, 06:36 PM
very handsome indeed! I have noticed that flame points aren't as common, but I honestly don't know why :confused:

monkaz82
11-25-2009, 07:00 PM
i was on another site and someone tried to say hes nothing but a dom.st.cat. please all white big ears M on face kink tail. nothing about this cat can e shown as anything else but siamese. if someone can point out to me othwise please cuz im new and tryin to fig him out.

Laura's Babies
11-25-2009, 07:28 PM
I have a friend that has one and she is BEAUTIFUL.. We call her a flame point although she came from a shelter. She is about 4 or 5 years old now. This is her..

Yetta (is her name)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0872.jpg

The red on her back has spread and darkened a lot in the last few years. She has lovely blue eyes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0884.jpg

Your baby will be a beauty when fully grown.

Catlady711
11-25-2009, 07:40 PM
sayin hello to everyone, im new here. i have what i believe is a red color point apple head maybe siamese. anyways i have a question why is this kind of cat so hard to find just the red point alone is. and im sure thats what he is ? lol

Your kitty is beautiful. She looks Siamese to me because of the longer narrow face and ears. I call those flame points, but yes they aren't very common.

aTailOf2Kitties
11-25-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't think they have to be pure siamese to have the markings and there are other pointed cat breeds. I have seen litters of kittens on Craigslist that had tabbies, blacks, tortis and "siamese" all in the same litter, with the mom being an ordinary looking shorthair.

But the bottom line is if you tell others he's a Siamese they shouldn't have a reason to say he's not, unless they knew for sure one of his parents wasn't.

aTailOf2Kitties
11-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Ok now that I'm paying more attention, I noticed you said he had a kink tail. I've never personally seen one, but from what I can tell this is a strong Siamese trait. So if he's got one that's a pretty good indication of his breed. I don't recall ever seeing a kink tail myself and I was reading on the 'net that a lot of modern breeders were trying to breed that out of their cats, as well as the cross-eye that Siamese used to be known for.

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2009, 07:17 PM
Welcome to PT.:) He's a very handsome Flame Point Siamese Mix most likely. He's going to get more orange points on him as he matures and for the Flame Point it takes about 2 years. My RB Starr was one and he also had a kink in his tail and tabby markings on his head,tail, and legs. Here are a few pictures to show you how he matured.

monkaz82
11-29-2009, 12:19 AM
love it! such great color. yes kink tale cross eyes talker the whole thing sometimes the color on his back shows up(the red)but again hes only 9months.

catmandu
11-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I have had dofferent Siamese , and theres no doubt in my mind that your Handsome Cat is a Siamese.:cool::cool::cool:
I had the same doubters about My Pouncer My First Cat who was the result od an accidental liason between a Siamese Show Cat and the Little Tortie next door,:love::love::love:
Welcome to Pet Talk , and how old is your Flame Point Siamese and whats his name??
Please dont be a stranger we want to see more photos.:):):):)

monkaz82
11-29-2009, 12:24 PM
he is Binks and fig about to be 8months. my boyfriend found him at work in july(about 4months ago said the doc)he was under the trucks at Kohls. very friendly to everyone (main reason i let him come to my home). iv had a dog, bird, rabbit, hamsters, fish. No cat. whole fam very allergic. Cept he comes this thing that no one seems to be bothered by. so now i am a cat lover, tho i still dislike the ones that hid under beds all day lol. Binks is my kid, lays on me at night, follows me everywhere, bathroom and all. even tried to feed from me, sorry i dont give off cat mike as much as he wished lol.:eek:

monkaz82
11-29-2009, 07:05 PM
here is binks 4months ago at about 4months when we found him look how dirty his ears are as was the bottom of him.