PDA

View Full Version : Lady Boo needs prayers and well wishes...

Laura's Babies
11-25-2009, 02:31 PM
I noticed last night that Boo was limping really bad. I knew what had happened... I had put the baby gate back up to keep Amy out of my bedroom and my bet was she injured herself jumping over it. I promised her last night if she was still hurting this morning, I would take her to the vet.... just to make sure it was her arthritis and not something else...

Now, I just want to cry. It is something else. She has tore her ligament in her leg that holds her knee in place. The options for treatment is # 1.. surgery, but at her age this is not much of a option, not even if that surgery only cost $1... Next is to just treat the pain and give it time to heal on it's own and TRY to keep her off of it. She got a shot for pain that should last 48 hours and then drops for pain to give her every other day. It is breaking my heart seeing her limp in the pain she is in, especially knowing it was something I did that caused her to get hurt.. Want to talk about feeling guilty?!

Anyway, could you send prayers for a fast recovery and the pain meds to work better than they seem to be right now.. I am just SO outdone that she is in ANY pain that my heart is breaking... I just want to cry!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Catzzzzz/IMG_0945.jpg

Pinot's Mom
11-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm so sorry Lady Boo is hurt, but you can't beat yourself up; there are all kinds of things every day kitties can do to hurt themselves. If it wasn't this she tried to jump, it would have been something else - don't do that to yourself.

Can they put a restraint on the leg of some kind?

Lady Boo, prayers you feel better soon, sweetie, your Mom is so worried! :(

Randi
11-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Laura, I'm so sorry this happened, but please don't beat yourself up.

I hope the pain medication will work and Boo has started feeling better. any chance of putting a bandage on to keep it in place? Of course, that would require a cone on her head to prevent her from getting it off.

Fister and I are sending purrs and positive thoughts to Boo and to you. What a beautiful girl she is. :love:

(((hugs)))

catnapper
11-25-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this! Doesn't she realize that she's not a young lady anymore and can no longer do the things she used to do? Prayers coming from all of us

lvpets2002
11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
:love: Oh no Poor Wittle Lady Boo.. Hope you get better soon.. Sending Lots of Purrss & Prayers..

Barbara
11-25-2009, 03:33 PM
All my best wishes for Boo- I hope that the amazing self-healing powers of cats will kick in.

phesina
11-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Love and purrs and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9643816) for dear Lady Boo, who has a nasty torn ligament in her leg. May she recover quickly and comfortably, with effective pain medications to ease her healing, and soon be back in good form.

And for her Meowmie Laura, purrs and positive thoughts and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9643916) to soften your sadness and undeserved feelings of guilt about Boo's mishap. You did nothing careless or irresponsible to cause this. Sometimes something like this just happens, for every one of us, in spite of everything we do to keep our babies safe.

catmandu
11-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Awww thats sad news about Lady Boo hurt her leg.
:(:(:(
And when you were trying to keep Lady Boo safe.
I hate when a Found Cat gets hurt when you are trying to make thier life easier.
We are praying that Lady Boo gets better soon , and there will be Prayers from the Found Cats Hotel.:love::love::love:

Laura's Babies
11-25-2009, 04:35 PM
As long as she in limping, I will beat myself up. She knows her limits... it is ME that forgets.. I won't anymore.. This has scared me!

The vet that saw her was a fill in for the regular vet and soon as she saw her she said "OH! Look at her ear! I LOVE it, it gives her so much character!". I told her that is exactly what I have said every since it got like that. I Love her crooked ear, it is part of what makes her so special.

Karen
11-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Prayers for a fast recovery for the lovely Boo.

Moesha
11-25-2009, 05:56 PM
I hope she recovers quickly as well. It is terrible when we do our best for our kids and then we feel like we failed them in some manner. Please just don't be too hard on yourself.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Aw, lots of prayers are on the way for sweet Boo and you too!!! The cat kids send gentle head bumpies to her too. :love:

Medusa
11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh Boo, feel better soon. Laura, I know if she could talk she'd tell you not to feel bad. We all make mistakes. Guilt won't make her heal any faster so just give her lots of lovin' and give yourself a dose of forgiveness. :love:

Queen of Poop
11-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Sorry about the ouchie Miss Boo. Hugs and kisses to help make you all better. Please be careful while you heal.

Donnaj4962
11-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Awww, Boo, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Give your Meowmie some luvvins... she feels bad that you are feeling bad. Maybe some turkey tomorrow will help to ease the pain??!!!

Get well wishes and prayers coming your way for you!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Prayers and good thoughts going out for a speedy recovery, Boo!

katladyd
11-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I just know that Lady Boo will heal up fine! Now, heal your heart and stop feeling so guilty. We have all probably put up something to keep our furkids away from something, you did nothing wrong. You didn't intend for Boo to try to jump it and fail. You meant to keep the kitties away from something. Boo does not connect you with her pain, so neither should you. Prayers coming for you and Lady Boo.:love:

Laura's Babies
11-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Update on Lady Boo for today, she is not limping nearly as bad as she was yesterday so the pain meds have helped her with the pain. She is laying in the living room on the floor more than usual so getting up on the bed must be a bit of a problem for her.. but she did take a nap in the bed today. She also comes up to me and puts her paws on the chair, putting her weight on her back legs :rolleyes:, tapping my arm to pick her up. I tell her not to do that and to take it easy but she is a proud ole gal and continues to do as she pleases...

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Boo.:( I hope that she'll stay off of her injured leg and will heal up quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

cassiesmom
11-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Prayers and a candle for Lady Boo
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9651805

Killearn Kitties
11-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear about Boo's injury. Poor baby.

Our Daisy overstretched her muscle or ligament or something last year, and her limp was awful. She did not require surgery, but she ended up being confined to one room for just over three months. Occasionally, if she turns quickly, you can see the leg wobble under her, but she is happy and she seems to cope with it.

Beat wishes and healing hugs to beautiful Boo. :love:

Edwina's Secretary
11-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I am so sorry Lady Boo has a Booboo! Best wishes for a speedy healing!

catfamily
11-27-2009, 03:21 PM
i'm so happy to read this and then to find out that boo is doing much better.

we picked up a cat at a no kill shelter that was run over and it was laying on the side of the road (the person said who brought him in).
well his hind legs were real bad and bandaged up.the helpers changed his dressings daily for weeks i was told, and there were huge scrapes all over his neck and other areas.scars now.
but we've had him a year now and his hind legs will never be like a normal cat.he has a hard time jumping up on things but manages usually.he's a good boy...all black (real black everywhere).he was listed as 3 yrs old but our vet said he was in his more in his senior yrs.(we agreed)
but he's doing great.

maybe boo will be ok like our Kevin.I hope boo will feel better soon.

momcat
11-27-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Lady Boo has injured her leg. Many prayers are going out for a quick and complete recovery.

It's easy to understand how you feel, Laura. Please lighten up on yourself, you did nothing wrong. Obviously dear Boo doesn't blame you since she's asking you to pick her up so that she can be close to you.

Sending get well soon scritchies and lovies to Boo and [[[[[HUGS]]]]] to you :love:

Catlady711
11-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Don't beat yourself up over it, you did nothing wrong. Sometimes cat's just do things that later they find out they shouldn't have done (kinda like us hoomans sometimes). Boo will probably heal up without too many problems and I'm happy to hear she's feeling better already.

Two of my cats had some limping episodes in the last year. Both of them happened when I wasn't home so I can only assume that they tried to jump to the high cabinet and missed or something. Their vet said that they probably tore some of their ligaments and put them on Dasaquin for a month or so, I was told cats tend to heal up easier and faster without the surgery unlike dogs. The limping healed up and both are now tearing around the house like nothing ever happened an no sign of limping.

Laura's Babies
11-27-2009, 07:23 PM
The shot the vet gave her Wednesday has wore off and she is back to limping really bad. She will get her pain drops tonight on her treat with her Cosequin in it too.. She will NOT stay off of it, I think the pain makes her restless. I keep telling her to GO TO BED and STAY OFF of it! Stubborn ole gal like me so she don't listen.. I just don't want to confine her to a room, the vet wanted me to crate her :rolleyes: Boo would go crazy being crated.. Maybe after I leave to go to work next week, she will quit coming up here since there won't be no one her to pet her and stay in bed! Rie says she never comes up here when I am gone.

She keeps coming up here for me to pick her up and love on her for about all of 3 minutes and then wants down... this happens at least once a hour. She does this all the time, I think to assure herself that I am still here?

Taz_Zoee
11-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Aww, I'm sorry about Miss Boo. I hope she heals up quickly.

About her crooked ear...how did that happen? Because my "loaner" cat I have also has a bent ear. He had what my friend thought was a cyst on his ear and it healed up but his ear is now bent over at the tip (exactly like Boo's, same ear even). And I just love it! I think it is adorable. :)

jennielynn1970
11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Poor Boo... I hope she feels better soon.

Don't beat your self up Laura... cats get into things and they many times don't know their limits. She'll heal and feel better soon!

Laura's Babies
11-28-2009, 08:13 AM
About her crooked ear...how did that happen?

As a young lady she had ear mites and she kept scratching her ear. In scratching it, she somehow busted a blood vessel and her ear swelled up like a balloon, separating the ear front and back. The vets drained all the blood out of it and stitched the front and back skin back together but said it probably would never look the same again. It healed up like that and that is how it has been every since. I have always thought it made her so cute and gave her character.. like it was always suppose to be like that to make her complete. This happened after Mama died and she and I both were living with my sister in Florida, early in the 1990's.

I had no problem giving her the pain meds last night. 2 drops on her treat and she gobbled it right up.. Today she is hardly limping at all so it is working good for her.

momcat
11-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi Boo,
I felt sad when I heard Meowmie say you hurt your leg and don't feel too good right now. Sometimes we kitties think we can do anything so without thinking about it we let our feline spirit of adventure get in the way. Please take good care of yourself and listen to your Meowmie. We definitely want you to come along on the next Catmobile adventure! Sending you feel better purrs and headbumpies.

Your friend,
Groucho

katladyd
11-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I am so glad to hear you feel better Boo. Tell your mommy to give you many kisses and scritchies from me! Take care and heal fast, pretty girl!:love:

cassiesmom
11-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Kitty Boo, I am glad the pain medicine is working today. I hope you are feeling much better! And I love your ear; it gives you such character! My RB kitty-nephew Churchill was missing part of one of his ears due to frostbite, and we always said it made him that much cuter.

*kisses* for Boo, Samantha, Giz and Amy *kisses*

petluver1
11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
:love:

petluver1
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
I will pray for a quick recovery for Boo.:love: Nan

momcat
11-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi Laura, How is our sweetheart Boo doing today? Lots of scritchies and lovies to all of your furbabies :love: :love:

cassiesmom
11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Lady Boo, I hope you are feeling much better today :love:.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9670599

Laura's Babies
11-29-2009, 11:06 PM
She is still limping, just not as bad as she was and she seems not to be as restless as she was so her pain medicine is working. We'll see how she is doing tomorrow since she will be due for her pain meds again tomorrow night,

Medusa
11-30-2009, 05:51 AM
I'm so glad that the meds are starting to work and that Lady Boo is feeling better. That makes me feel better, too. :)

cassiesmom
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Lady Boo, how is your paw today?

*kisses* for Boo, Samantha, Giz and Amy *kisses*

Laura's Babies
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
She has a minor limp still but she is resting more. The pain meds work enough to keep her comfortable so she isn't so restless, therefore she rests more. Before she couldn't be still because of the pain. I am having no problem getting her meds in her with her treats. I will give her, the Wednesday dose before I leave in the morning so Rie won't have to give it to her until Friday. She only gets the pain meds on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The vet said as long as she needs it, we will keep her on it and it could take 6 to 8 weeks for it to get better. :(

Anikaca77
12-02-2009, 02:31 PM
My prays that Lady Boo gets the rest and heals up.

Melissa