PDA

View Full Version : Should I get tested for rabies?

RICHARD
11-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Edward attacked me yesterday!

I was asleep on the couch and wrapped up in a blankie.

What I didn't know is that the Edster had snuck up and fallen asleep near my feet. I stretched out and I squished him against the arm of the sofa. He usually sleeps on top of me, but will sleep against my knees on occasion.
I guess I caught him in a awkward position......

That boy came out of his sleep scratching and biting! He locked his paws around one leg and gave me a raking with his nails!:eek::confused:

I think we were both surprised about what had happened because he ran off, I shot up off the couch just as fast, and we both stared at each other for a few seconds trying to figure out what had just happened!

The socks I had on took most of the damage-he didn't break skin, so no blood was spilled.

I know he meant no harm, he was mad at my feet!:eek::o

All is forgiven now, The Edster holds no grudge, neither do I.

IT's more fun THAT way.....:eek:

catmandu
11-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I have to pick up My Dream Cat Michael as sometimes he keeps too close and I dont want to roll over on him!!
I dont think that if the skin was not broken you need no rabies shots , and I hope that you and Your Edster are Pals again!!!:love::love:

Cinder & Smoke
11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Edward attacked me yesterday!

Should I get tested for rabies?

No, BUT it's a good reminder that ALL CATS, Dogs, & Ferrets, insiders AND Outsiders,
MUST be CURRENT with their Rabies Vaccinations - it's da LAW!

IF your pet actually does byte you and breaks the skin, the First Thing the
Doctor, ER, or Hospital will ask is if you know who bit you, if that animal is
now under quaranteen, AND if the animal is CURRENT on its Rabies Vaccination.

Any of the "wrong answers" will result in very dire outcomes for you or the Pet. :(

Please - do NOT skimp on Rabies Vaccinations for ALL your warm-blooded
critters.
;)

Now, did ED ask to see YOUR Rabies Certificate?
:p

RICHARD
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Now, did ED ask to see YOUR Rabies Certificate?
:p

Ah......No, But I'll have to feed him something special to make up for it?:eek:

moosmom
11-25-2009, 10:48 AM
I've been bitten many times. The worst being while Ramanth and I were trying to trap a pregnant stray. She bit my pinkie down to the bone. I stuck my finger in a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide and wrapped it up. Within 24 hours, there was a red line going up my arm. I went to the ER and the doctor asked me if it was a provoked attack and it was, seeing as it was me to provoked her to go into the carrier. He immediately put me on high doses Vermectin. Fortunately, all was well.

I'm sorry for your boo-boo, RICHARD. Just keep an eye on the puncture wound. If there is ANY redness, get to a doctor immediately. If you have to, tell them it was a stray cat. You don't want the Edster in quarantine for 6 weeks.

Pinot's Mom
11-25-2009, 02:43 PM
I think I'd be more worried about rabies if I were ED. No one knows what you've been into Richard!

;)

lvpets2002
11-25-2009, 02:48 PM
:D Well Put.. So True.. I am laughing my butt off.. Richard there is Your Sign..:p
I think I'd be more worried about rabies if I were ED. No one knows what you've been into Richard!

;)