PDA

View Full Version : What would you get for someone's bday?

Genny
11-25-2009, 01:33 AM
A friend that I work with is having a bday after work tomorrow.Almost everyone from work is going. I don't know what to get her. We're good friends, but not like best friends or anything and I don't know what she likes, but I don't wanna like ask her what she would like, ya know...so I thought about a necklace or something...but then I thought what about a gift card? Do you think that would be an ok bday present instead of just going out and buying something, cause I absolutely have no idea what to get!

carole
11-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Vouchers are quite a good idea, but then you might not want to do that because it shows a monetary value.

Maybe ask around and see if you can find out some of her interests and likes, and go from there. Good luck with your choices, i am sure some others here can come up with more ideas to help you out.

chocolatepuppy
11-25-2009, 04:54 AM
A flameless candle? ;)

Catherinedana
11-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Gift card gift card gift card gift card!!!

The BEST prezzies from someone who doesn't know you well. Pick a nice place to eat or shop and get her a gift card!!

Karen
11-25-2009, 11:15 AM
A gift card is fine, and you can get one that doesn't display the dollar amount - lots of them now don't.

Pinot's Mom
11-25-2009, 12:32 PM
I'd go with the restaurant gift card.

Genny
11-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I ended up getting her a gift card from Wal-mart. Everyone goes to walmart, right? So that's something she can use on whatever she wants ;)

kitten645
11-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Gift card was the right thing. I don't know anyone whose gotten one that actually thinks 'oh it's only $x. " Even just for a McDonalds meal is a fun extra you can use and choose as you wish. Any other gift that you don't KNOW they would love could end up being a 'regifting' burden. High five on your choice!!:D