PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

3Catcondo
11-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I need suggestions. I have a cat pee spot on the carpet downstairs, last week I used some color safe bleach and warm water and now the smell is in your face!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: I thought I was going to make it better, not sure if me messing w/ it got it more cat attention and more pee or what. What solutions have you found if any that I might be able to use? The carpet is over a concrete subfloor, so I almost feel like I'm never going to get rid of all of the smell anyway, but every time I walk past it now I smell it! I love these cats but I don't want to live in a litter box!

Amy

Karen
11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
There's a wonderful product called "Nature's Miracle" - it's at Petco and PetSmart and other stores. It is an enzymatic cleaner so removes the enzymes that create the smell that we can detect, AND the ones we cannot, but kitties can!

Taz_Zoee
11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Yup, Nature's Miracle! I just used it in G's room this morning on the poop spots. Tonight when I came in the room it actually smelled pretty good. Then again, I used Resolve AND the Nature's Miracle.
We sell Nature's Miracle at the shelter when we adopt out puppies.

moosmom
11-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Yup!! What they said, Nature's Miracle is the best!!

Kirsten
11-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Oh well, I'm afraid bleach was just the wrong solution as it animates some kitties to pee. My Luna gets totally nuts over the smell of bleach; if she smells it on my hands, she would bite into them, it's really driving her mad.

To remove kitty urine and get rid of the stench, I'm using an enzymatic cleaner called Biophar, I guess that one similar to that "Nature's Miracle" the others have mentioned...

Good luck!

Kirsten

Pep
11-24-2009, 10:27 AM
One other thing, if its wall to wall with a pad under, you may want to pull it up and cut out/replace that spot of the pad. That will hold it in worse than the carpet

jennielynn1970
11-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Another product to try, that worked wonders on my pee stains (even on hard wood floors) was BAC A ZAP. It is used by exterminators and people who clean up forensic sites for blood and other bodily fluids. It is NOT toxic for people or cats. I order it by the gallon.

astrid
11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
(Sophie goes crazy about bleach too...)

Oxygenated water works too!!

Catlady711
11-24-2009, 09:33 PM
5th vote for Nature's Miracle here. Great stuff.

catnapper
11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I use Simple solution - it works better than Nature's Miracle at a much cheaper cost.

Also, bleach sounds good to US, but to cats, its a different story. Mine obsess over it.... licking smelling, rubbing on it. I don't use bleach anywhere anymore.

mruffruff
11-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm with Catnapper.

I only use vinegar and water to clean and Simple Solution for stains. I even use vinegar in the washer.

3Catcondo
11-30-2009, 09:30 AM
I had some of the Nature's Miracle and used it. It didn't remove any of the smell. I also have tried a Woolite cleaner for biological messes that has Oxyclean in it. No luck.
Where does Simple solution come from, store bought or online? I am also going to try bac a zap too. I'll keep trying stuff till hopefully one helps.

krazyaboutkatz
12-01-2009, 01:23 AM
I use Simple Solution which I buy at Pet Club and I think you can also buy it at Petsmart. I've also been using Zero Odor when one of my cats decides to pee all over the entrance of one of their covered litter boxes. I bought this at Bed Bath & Beyond. It does have a slight bleach odor to it though but it sure works to get rid of the urine smell. Good luck.:)

Medusa
12-01-2009, 07:06 AM
If nothing else works for you, try Urine Gone. I tried vinegar and water and that didn't help at all. Then I found Urine Gone and it's wonderful. You can buy it at Bed Bath and Beyond and here in Ohio it's sold in grocery stores now. I shop mainly at Giant Eagle and they do carry it. You must saturate the area w/it, scrub it well, saturate it again and scrub again. It removes all traces of odor and stain. It works really well for me. I can sympathize w/you; I had pee wars going on years ago when I first rescued Specs and Urine Gone really saved the day, as far as the smell and stain goes anyhow. Good luck and let me know how it works for you, if you try it, that is. :)

mruffruff
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Simple Solution can be bought at most pet stores or online at DrsFosterSmith.com. It doesn't eradicate the odor immediately, but within a couple of days.

Bac-A-Zap has to be purchased from a dealer that sells to exterminators. I transfer it to a spray bottle because the bottle it comes in has a stream spray that is hard to use.