PDA

View Full Version : hoarse throat?

Genny
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Does anyone know of anything to use to keep your throat from being hoarse (sp?) It started early this morning and it's worse tonight. Is there any thing to take? I got an antibiotix I'm taking for it-guess that's probably the best thing, but I thought someone might have some home-made tricks..lol...I just have to go to work in the morning and it's hard to talk w/ my throat all messed up ;/

Sirrahsim
11-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Hot tea with honey can help. Also gargling with a salt water solution can provide a little relief from the pain but if your vocal chords are strained then you can't really expect your voice to recover by tomorrow :( Feel better!

Karen
11-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Yes, tea with honey - no milk products for the evening, okay? Just keep drinking, and not talking, and what Missy recommended is good to do.

happylabs
11-23-2009, 08:35 PM
honey and lemon juice

Queen of Poop
11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm on the tea with honey (no milk) bandwagon. You could also suck on crushed ice, it will cool it and make it feel a bit better, temporarily.

Genny
11-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey ya'll, thanks for suggesting tea w/ honey. I tried that and it seemed to make it feel a bit better ;] The meds. I took seemed to have broke it down some too-so hopefully it won't be worse by tomorrow. It's hard to talk when your throat is sore and hoarse! Thanks!