PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day November 23rd!

luvofallhorses
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM
What is your most prized possession material wise?

For me it's a teddy bear I inherited from my grandmother when she died and some jewelry. :love:

sparks19
11-23-2009, 12:30 PM
My rocking chair. it's passed down from generation to generation. The chair started in my family in 1880 and is passed down to the first daughter to have a child. Like my grandmother passed it down to my mom when she had my brother and my mom gave it to me when I had Hannah and I would like to pass it down to Hannah one day.

Karen
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't know, I have too many to choose a favorite. Besides my wedding ring, which is an heirloom from Paul's grandmother and of course hugely symbolic of our marriage, I have my teddy bear, who is now kinda .. uh ... "loved" looking but that Aunt Dottie made for me when I was born, I have a photo album of my great great grandmother's ...

Too hard to choose a favorite!

Randi
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
I also find it hard to choose a favourite, but one that comes to mind is a "Tiffany" lamp John gave me. Also my photo albums from the time I grew up. - with family and friends. :)

Taz_Zoee
11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I have a blanket that was made by my grandmothers cousin when I was born. It needs new backing on it so it is stored at my moms house for safe keeping.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Probably all of my photos, most of which are on the computer.

Catherinedana
11-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Anything that I have that was either given to me by my brother or used to belong to him when he was alive. . .

My guitar and flutes. . .

pomtzu
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Real, real old family photos - some dating back to the the 1920's and older.

Handmade items that my mother did - needlework, Christmas items, etc. She was quite talented and creative.

A ring that I had custom made from the diamonds that were in my mother's engagement and wedding rings. I'm thinking that maybe I will give it to my granddaughter when she graduates next year.

Jewelry that my Dad made. He was in watch and jewelry repair for many years, and made a lot of pieces of jewelry for my mother and aunt, and eventually those pieces came to me. Also a pin that he made just for me when I was only a little tyke. :)

Roxyluvsme13
11-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Probably my class ring, my baby blanket, or my gold Tinkerbell necklace that I wear in memory of Tink.

Casper
11-23-2009, 04:19 PM
There are quite a few things, but my Jeep is probably at the top of the list. I am far too attached to it and it is priceless to me, even if it is purely for sentimental reasons. It is only a 1996, but it is the first vehicle my parents bought brand new.... and it is the vehicle my dad taught me how to drive in. I remember sitting in the back seat of it that night we brought RB Frisk home for the first time when he was just a wee puppy. There are just so many good memories.....

moosmom
11-23-2009, 04:20 PM
My most prized possession is my precious daughter Amy. She's an 18 year cancer survivor and my hero. My other prized possession is my beloved grandmother's wedding ring, which will be passed onto my daughter on her wedding day.

Alysser
11-23-2009, 04:43 PM
It's hard for me to choose. I love my Ipod, it has alot of my favorite music, internet, pics of friends, family, dogs, and whatever else I added. I don't really have any photo albums, my parents do. But my Ipod holds alot of stuff that's important to me. It's really hard to choose though, I have alot of material possession I really like.

Genny
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I really can't choose one thing, and I don't even know what I'd choose. Things aren't really that important to me. I have a couple of knick-knacks that wouldn't seem like much to some people, but they mean something to me cause my grandpa and grandma gave them to me. I have several rings given to me by different people that mean a lot, and my blackberry is something that I take w/ me where ever I go. I ALWAYS have it w/ me ;) But I really don't know what would be my most special thing...

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Not sure I can choose! A gold bracelet that was my MIL's. A china dog, glued in a few places, that was my grandmas. A stuffed puppy that was mine when I was a baby.

cassiesmom
11-23-2009, 09:41 PM
My guitar and flutes. . .

That was the first thing I thought of, my flute. I bought it right before my 39th birthday after my music director at church suggested stepping up to a better instrument might help my playing. It forced me to practice, so my playing did get better :)

My degrees, which are stashed in a drawer, but they represent quite a lot of work. Well, not so much my bachelor's degree - that represents some work and loads of goofing off. But my master's... that was a lot of work.

I have a music box my grandmother bought when she went to Hawaii with her sister. Every time I look at it, I am reminded of her.

Tons of pictures, some of which I should probably have copies made of because of their age or because I don't have the negatives.

K9karen
11-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Hmmmm. Not a prized possession, but I really love my 1997 Rav4. I swear, it runs great, never had problems, I just can't get myself to part with it. I've test driven other cars, but just don't "feel it"

I just looked down and realized my most prized possession(s) are my parents' wedding rings, which I had resized and wear together on my left thumb.