PDA

View Full Version : They got IN the fridge!!!

Freedom
11-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Got up this morning to find the fridge door open: WIDE!

Cooked chicken breast: GONE! Empty plate remained.

It had been opened a while, every thing in there was room temp. :rolleyes:

Darn cats, how did they DO that? :confused:

Life with critters, lol. :D

Laura's Babies
11-23-2009, 09:10 AM
LOL! Never heard of that before.. Maybe it was left open a little and got their attention as something new to explore, then discovered all the "goodies" inside! This is so funny! SMART kitties!

Cinder & Smoke
11-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Got up this morning to find the fridge door open: WIDE!

Darn cats, how did they DO that? :confused:

They PRACTICE!!

Boots, da KAT, jumped into the fridge, unseen, a couple times during Kittenhood ...
Seemed to enjoy the goodies he found. (SaranWrap "opens" quite easily!) :p

Later in life, he figured out that persistant *pawing & digging* at the
refrigerator door edge COULD result in the magnetic seal giving up
and opening just a bit. TWO Pawz and a *YANK* opens the Vault!

:D

catmandu
11-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I wonder if it was a joint operation beteween Your Cats and thier Canine Companions and they all split the booty!!
:cool::cool::cool:
They were jsut trying to save you the trouble of gettinng them something to eat!!!
:D:D:D:D:D

moosmom
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Buddy is always going into the fridge when I've got it open. You know what they say about curiousity and cats.

happylabs
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
LOL! Mine have not tried that one yet. They can be very persistent, especially when mom is away for the day or sleeping at night. ;)

Freedom
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Bobby loves to sit atop the fridge. I think Phred got it, pawing away until it finally gave!

Cinder & Smoke
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
I wonder if it was a joint operation beteween Your Cats and thier Canine Companions
and they all split the booty!!
:cool::cool::cool:

KAT only "split" stuff when he *surfed* the kitchen counter ...
after he pushed something over the edge, he wasn't fast enough to
jump down and grab what he got ...
Jaws 1 and Jaws 2 were good at snagging stuff on the fly ...
He often had to chase a Mutt to get his fair share
when the Mutt stopped running to sample the goods.

The Mutts had their own method ... they'd *stalk* the area of the fridge till
the BiPed opened the Vault to shop for grub ... then as the door swung closed ...
one of 'em would stick a NOSE into the gap. Then a flick of the head and
the Vault swings open ... Snacks are NOW being served!

I learned to keep the meat & good stuff on the UPPER shelves ...
they still haven't figgered out to to Pop the Top on a lower shelf beer can!

:D

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
You have some very smart cats there. Maybe you should look into getting a padlock for it.;)

Husky_mom
11-23-2009, 12:29 PM
i guess someone is abot to buy those kiddie fridge thing so they donīt open it.. haha..

I can picture them working hard for their food..lol.. sorry.. but itīs funny how smart hey can be

orangemm
11-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Your guys are a hoot!:D Man, they must have been HUNGRY! Maybe they smelled the chicken through the door???:confused::D

phesina
11-23-2009, 06:05 PM
That's a riot! Are you sure you don't sleep-walk? And maybe they convinced you to open it for them?

kb2yjx
11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
The INFAMOUS Pork Chop incident, still remains unsolved to this day!!! After that, child proof locks were put on the 'fridge and freezer. I once watched Spunky work the 'fridge door with his nose and paw, and the door was opened!!! I would get them ASAP!!! It was lucky that the cat did not get closed in the 'fridge, hence the locks!!!

Laura's Babies
11-23-2009, 06:53 PM
I am LOVING this thread and never knowing what direction a thread will take is what I love about PT.. You post about something and everyone else's thought on the topic can go in any direction. I love what this one has brought out and gotten some good laughs. THANKS everyone!

Freedom
11-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I am LOVING this thread and never knowing what direction a thread will take is what I love about PT.. You post about something and everyone else's thought on the topic can go in any direction. I love what this one has brought out and gotten some good laughs. THANKS everyone!

Hear, hear!!

It is now 9:15 PM, first night. Just checked, Bobby is atop the fridge, which is usual. Tuppence is up there with him. Hm . . . .

cassiesmom
11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
But, meowmie, is there chicken in the refrigerator today?

(Kitties, please please don't let the door close on you, okay?)

Pinot's Mom
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
PLEASE don't tell Pinot about this!! I have child locks on cabinets with her food - I really don't want to padlock the 'fridge!!

Clever kitties!! ;)

Kirsten
11-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Oh wow!!! :eek: Smart kitties! I hope Luna and Lily will never find out how it works... bad enough that they open the kitchen cabinet...

Cooked chicken breast: GONE! Empty plate remained.

I bet your kitties were terribly proud of themselves! ;)

Well, the bad news is... once they have learned how it's working, they will probably try it again. :D

Kirsten

catmandu
11-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I can imagine Scrappy 2, Pouncierge and Miquelito saying Dad, were just trying to be helpful :):)
And you DID what us to have that Chicken didnt you Dad.
We heard that Ghickens bad for Old Cat Dads.
:cool::cool:
We are just trying to keep bad things from You Dad!!!
With staright faces yet!!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love:

lvpets2002
11-24-2009, 04:15 PM
:p Darn Darn & we did not get this on Video.. :p We just Love Our Babies dont we..:love:

pomtzu
11-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Oh my!!! Do you think the culprits shared with the fluffs??? ;)

Freedom
11-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Oh my!!! Do you think the culprits shared with the fluffs??? ;)
Nope, the dogs were on my bed all night. when I got up they trailed in and found bits of bones, skin etc around the kitchen floor. I promptly confiscated everything.

No repeat overnight thank goodness, as the 22 pound turkey is in the fridge now, to thaw out. Think I would hear that BANG! if the cats pushed it out and it fell to the floor? Sure hope I would!

orangemm
11-25-2009, 12:12 PM
That's what I was thinking; watch out for that turkey! Your guys sound very determined, and once they are on a mission, they probably won't quit!:D

I hope mine don't get any bright ideas!!:eek::eek: