PDA

View Full Version : Thankful I'm not spending Thanksgiving at HER house!!

Catherinedana
11-23-2009, 07:26 AM
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2009/07/01/awkward-family-story-the-thanksgiving-letter/

The rest of the site is pretty funny too!!!

Cheers!

happylabs
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
That was hilarious! Read the comments people have left. One said she would be afraid to go there without a serving spoon LMAO.

RICHARD
11-23-2009, 10:25 AM
LOL,

Tho this wasn't a TGD gathering, The last family gathering my sister hosted, was the last one I attended.

She would call my mom up and tell her to tell the rest of us when the dinner was to be held.

IF we tried to call her back and get an idea of what we volunteered to bring?
She'd get hysterical and tell us that we just needed to show up.

Being a little anal, I'd bring a boozer and something-dip, cheese log, box of candy that would immediately set her off and into a tizzy.

When her and her husband's friends would show up, we were immediately forgotten as they made their FRIENDS welcome.

(I would make drinks and serve people while she sat on her fat arse-she was saving her energy for the important people in her life, her friends!)

We would eat, then go into the kitchen to clean up, where she would stand and biatch about how she did all the work and no one brought anything and how much money she spent and this was the last part she'd host.

Eff that.

Life's too short to waste time on family that has mental health problems brought on by spoons, recipes and 15 pounds of pureed turnips.

Turnips?

cassiesmom
11-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh my goodness, I LOVE Awkward Family Photos! Now I know what my mom, my sister and I are going to do on Thanksgiving when we're done cleaning up! Last time we were all together we looked at some of the pictures and the comments, and we laughed so hard we cried.

Have you seen this?
http://15minutelunch.blogspot.com/2007/10/strap-in-shut-up-and-hold-on-were-going.html

K9karen
11-23-2009, 11:01 PM
LOL,

Tho this wasn't a TGD gathering, The last family gathering my sister hosted, was the last one I attended.

She would call my mom up and tell her to tell the rest of us when the dinner was to be held.

IF we tried to call her back and get an idea of what we volunteered to bring?
She'd get hysterical and tell us that we just needed to show up.

Being a little anal, I'd bring a boozer and something-dip, cheese log, box of candy that would immediately set her off and into a tizzy.

When her and her husband's friends would show up, we were immediately forgotten as they made their FRIENDS welcome.

(I would make drinks and serve people while she sat on her fat arse-she was saving her energy for the important people in her life, her friends!)

We would eat, then go into the kitchen to clean up, where she would stand and biatch about how she did all the work and no one brought anything and how much money she spent and this was the last part she'd host.

Eff that.

Life's too short to waste time on family that has mental health problems brought on by spoons, recipes and 15 pounds of pureed turnips.

Turnips?

Wanna fly East (bring a coat) and have TGD with me and my wickedly funny 96 y.o. uncle? John decided to keep his son company on a 4 day camping/hiking trip so it's just gonna be the 2 of us and way too much food.

Oh, and bring a vat of homemade salsa, will ya? I guarantee it won't go to waste and will be greatly appreciated by you know who.

RICHARD
11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Wanna fly East (bring a coat) and have TGD with me and my wickedly funny 96 y.o. uncle? John decided to keep his son company on a 4 day camping/hiking trip so it's just gonna be the 2 of us and way too much food.

Oh, and bring a vat of homemade salsa, will ya? I guarantee it won't go to waste and will be greatly appreciated by you know who.

How do I get the turnips past Homeland Security?:D

Karen
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
A beloved friend of mine actually addressed this letter on his site:

http://etiquetteer.com/

And if you ever have real etiquette questions, do ask him!