PDA

View Full Version : Do You Have A Regular Exercise Routine

lizbud
11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Do you exercise regularly? Running, walking, weights, etc.

Cataholic
11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
I did...until my friendly elliptical broke! The guy was out to service it a whole week ago, and I haven't seen him since.

When it is working, I get up fairly early, do 30 minutes on it (more if I am feeling saucy), and start the day. With the birth of my little bundle of J 5 years ago, my gym excursions are all but non-existant. :o

Alysser
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
No, other then walking my dog. I used to go to the gym twice a week but it kind of just stopped. I don't really have time to anymore. I do want to start jogging with Mikey though, he would LOVE it.

pomtzu
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
I let my fingers do the walking....:D

aTailOf2Kitties
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
My workouts consist of mostly running and lifting.... running my mouth and lifting a fork ;)

Genny
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I go to the gym once or twice a week. In the summer I rode my bike everyday, but now that it's getting colder I don't do that anymore like I should ;/ At home I do sit-ups regularly and use 5lb weights for my arms, so besides that I don't do anything else...

cassiesmom
11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
When I get the urge to exercise, I eat some chocolate and it goes away :rolleyes:.

Seriously, I don't have a regular exercise routine. I got a pass for three free days' admission to the local Lifetime Fitness. I like walking on a treadmill and I'm sure Lifetime has them, so the pass may be the start of something good.

Grace
11-22-2009, 06:30 PM
When I get the urge to exercise, I eat some chocolate and it goes away :rolleyes:.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/lol1.gif

caseysmom
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I wish I could I am lucky to just get done what needs to be done with my foot, I feel bad for the dogs I can't even walk them anymore. Bubba could use the excercize too.

krazyaboutkatz
11-23-2009, 12:13 AM
I used to but not any more. The only excuse I have is that I've gotten very lazy and I'm on the computer more often.

Casper
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Road biking in the mornings and evenings during the week and mountain biking on the weekends. On rainy days I use the bike trainer. I used to run but that was torture on my knees.
I used to walk the dogs at least once a day, too. That is put on hold now until people in the neighborhood start keeping their dogs contained. It is a disaster waiting to happen with Ethan being so reactive to other dogs...

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2009, 04:55 AM
I take a good walk on my mornings off work which have been few this year. I do however walk miles in the yard when out with the dogs.:D

Catherinedana
11-23-2009, 10:37 AM
my workouts consist of mostly running and lifting.... Running my mouth and lifting a fork ;)

fab!!

Randi
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
If I see the bus I want on it's way, I run! If the weather is OK, I cycle everywhere, providing it's not more than half an hour away. I also try to go for a walk half an hour every day - it doesn't always happen, though.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I used to have a great exercise routine, which is why is used to be in shape and now I'm not! I'm hoping to get back into some kind of a routine (I like doing aerobic exercises, and I would love to have an elliptical machine if they weren't so expensive) soon. Like everyone, I find it hard to find the time and energy to commit to.

Karen
11-23-2009, 07:04 PM
I used to have a great exercise routine, which is why is used to be in shape and now I'm not! I'm hoping to get back into some kind of a routine (I like doing aerobic exercises, and I would love to have an elliptical machine if they weren't so expensive) soon. Like everyone, I find it hard to find the time and energy to commit to.

Keep an eye on Freecycle in your area - you never know when an elliptical machine's gonna need a new home!

I don't, but I should get back in the habit - I have a stationary bike that I can use. Elliptical machines and treadmills are awful, scary beasts - they either throw me off, or tangle my feet, but the stationary bike I can stay on long enough to actually benefit from. I have half the sense of balance that a normal person has, so I kind of need to hang on when I work out!

ramanth
11-23-2009, 08:51 PM
I was going to the gym 6 days a week prior to Dragon*Con to reach my goal weight (which I did :love:).

Now I've scaled back to 3 days a week. :)

anna_66
11-24-2009, 03:09 AM
I was going to the gym 6 days a week prior to Dragon*Con to reach my goal weight (which I did :love:).

Ahhh well now we know why you looks so fantastic:D I wish I could commit to something like that.

ramanth
11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Awww thanks Anna. :o

It's hard work but totally worth it. My new goal is to be able to do one unassisted pullup. :D

cloverfdx
11-25-2009, 08:05 AM
I walk and jog with the dogs most days, and am building up the jogging part slowly. And i am also going to join the new gym near home when it opens up :D.

I am amazed at the ammount of people that don't do any regular exercise :(.

lizbud
11-25-2009, 01:24 PM
I walk and jog with the dogs most days, and am building up the jogging part slowly. And i am also going to join the new gym near home when it opens up :D.

I am amazed at the ammount of people that don't do any regular exercise :(.

I plead guilty.:( No reason really, just been lazy. I was hoping to get
some inspiration from PT.:)

carole
11-25-2009, 02:57 PM
I confess to being a bit of a couch potato, at times i get the urge and start exercising, i used to use my treadmill every day and did so for over 18 mths, but then some health issues stopped that,now it is a clothes hanger for sure.

However i have decided to exercise doing something i enjoy,and that is dancing, which i incorporate light aerobics into my session, i try and do at least 30 to 60 mins a day if possible and now i am planning on starting to swim a couple of times a week.

Both of these i enjoy, i really think you have to find something that you do enjoy, otherwise it becomes tedious,and a painstaking chore.

Karen
11-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I plead guilty.:( No reason really, just been lazy. I was hoping to get
some inspiration from PT.:)

Okay, Liz - we can inspire each other! Maybe we can goad each other into some sort of workout, starting Friday?

davidpizzica
11-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Here at Concordia, we have a gym where I can use the machines any time and on days where it isn't raining or snowing, I can walk down to our pond and walk around it for as long as you want or just sit on a bench and read.

K9karen
11-26-2009, 08:33 PM
My workouts consist of mostly running and lifting.... running my mouth and lifting a fork ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!

i cancelled by gym membership when I broke my foot. Good excuse, huh? I love the gym, once I get to a routine, went 3-4x a week. Probably after NY's, but no resolution, just a thought. My butt could use it. All my weight goes POW, right there.