PDA

View Full Version : Dinner recipes for two people?

wolf_Q
11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I want to make my bf dinner but I can't think of anything to make. I need some help/ideas. Preferably something that isn't super difficult or time consuming...at least something I can't easily screw up. Also preferably something that is about the portion size for two people, can be a bit more. Maybe a desert that isn't some huge portion either? I don't want to make a big cake for two people...well, I'm sure I could find somebody to eat it haha. Thanks!

Husky_mom
11-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I only make cakes in a box... canīt make them from scratch.. too much trouble fo rme..hehe.. anyway .. lately iīve found some boxes that are half recipe.. or intentionally for 12 cupcakes instead as 24 for a regular one.. and I make that one instead.. itīll last one day.. hubby, kid and I...

another thing super easy to do (desert) is lemon pie.. and yo can always do it in small portions or one big pie

youīll need:
philadelphia cream cheese bar 190gr
evaporated milk (can)
condensed milk (can)
juice of 5 lemons (the small green ones.. I think you call those limes over there)

mix all together and pour on top of pie crust (store bought) or crush some graham cookies mixed with a lil butter (so itīs like a paste and easy to mold) on any plate bottom and serve.. you might wanna chill it overnight so itīs more "solid"

as for main course.. yo can do spagetti and meatballs... or some grilled chicken...

ooh.. you can marinate(for like 10-20 min) the chicken in lemon and a hint of tequila and then grill.. you can serve it with some rice, french fries... yummy...

finn's mom
11-20-2009, 06:52 PM
This website was recommended to me and it has been a lifesaver! Someone on here actually gave me the site! www.soscuisine.com and I use the beginner menu for two people! The recipes are easy and good. I went from **never** cooking to cooking four or five nights a week!

k9krazee
11-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh Oh! Rich and I are making Chicken Stuffed Dumplings tonight for dinner, we looove it!

Chicken Stuffed Dumplings
You need:
1 can of Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tin of biscuits (we use Grands, can't be the flaky kind)
2 cups of cooked chicken (we used 3-4 chicken breasts)
Celery
Onion
Salt/Pepper

Cook and cut up the chicken (we usually just boil it). Bring the soups to a boil in a large saucepan. Meanwhile, cut up some celery and onion and combine with the chicken. Season to taste. Roll out the biscuits (we usually use 1 biscuit to make 4 dumplings), place the chicken mixture in the center and seal the edges around it. Once all of your stuffed dumplings are made put them in the boiling soup, cover and simmer/or boil until the dough is cooked (20 minutes?)

zippy-kat
11-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh she, the collector of all things lemon, HAS TO make that lemon pie! ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh she, the collector of all things lemon, HAS TO make that lemon pie! ;) :D

:)

She'll open a can of beans right after the Lemon Pie First Course. :D

:love: