PDA

View Full Version : Greyhounds need homes

cassiesmom
11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
One of my co-workers shared this with me today. I wanted to share it with Pet Talk.

Dairyland Greyhound Racetrack in Kenosha, Wisconsin will be closing on December 31, 2009.

900 Greyhounds will need to be adopted, now is a great time to consider adopting a Greyhound. They are very loving and laid back. They don’t need the space people think they need. They are great for an active family because they have been crated almost all their lives and they sleep about 18 out of the 24 hours a day. They are just looking for someone to love them and supply them with a warm bed!!!!

They test the dogs to see if they are cat friendly and or small dog friendly. They also know if a dog should be a single dog or if they would be great in a 2, 3, or 4 dog house!!!

Please help me get the word out; we only have 6 weeks to get this task done.

Joanne Kehoe
Operations Director

P: 312.559.0887
Or Dairyland Race Track Adoption Center direct at (262) 612-8256

Here is a link from their Web site.
http://dairylandgreyhoundpark.com/RecentNews.asp?date=11/19/2009&title=DGP%20Important%20Closing%20-%20Dog%20Status

I have a former co-worker who has two greyhounds, both retired racers. They are goofy, gentle couch potatoes! They each had to be taught how to go up and down the stairs (to go out) and how to ask to go out. They also had to learn to play with toys, to hop up on the sofa they're allowed on (no longer a problem!) and how to eat treats. They each have a dog pillow to rest on because their bodies don't have a lot of "padding" (I offered to give them some of mine, hee hee). But they like the sofa better, especially with a human there. They also like to go for walks. When they go for walks my co-worker takes the rescue organization's business card along because she gets so many questions about them. They are such good dogs. Beautiful and smart.

MonicanHonda
11-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Haha, I was JUST about to post this!!!