PDA

View Full Version : Please Say a Pray for My Brothers Cat Monte-He's Going in For Surgery 5 Teeth Pulled*

Anikaca77
11-20-2009, 08:01 AM
I called my sister last night and she told me that my brother called her because he wanted to know if cats can get lock jaw. He said Monte is walking around with his jaw hanging down and he won't close it. He said that he is drinking and purring like normal. My sister said if he continues to do it today to get him to the vets and she'll cover it. My brother lost his job at the beginning of this month.

Please say a pray that Monte will be ok.

Melissa

phesina
11-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Prayers for Monte, and a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9608239

Anikaca77
11-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you so much!

Melissa

Anikaca77
11-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Just spoke with my brother and Monte seems to be doing better today, my brother said he's not sure if he got bit by a bug or spider or something.

So that's some good news :)

happylabs
11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh he is a pretty boy! Me and the kitties will all say a prayer.

catmandu
11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I wonder if Monte could have banged his jaw while jumping about and its bruised a bit.
We are all praying that theres nothing serious and that your brother can find employment very soon!!:cool::cool::cool:

astrid
11-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Prayers for Monte and your brother as well.

Big hugs:love:

lvpets2002
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
:love: So glad he is doing lots better.. Monte your such a Pretty Handsome Gent.. Sending Lots of Prayers..

katladyd
11-21-2009, 06:52 PM
How is Monte doing? I hope his jaw is all better now.

Anikaca77
11-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I'll be calling my sister later to find out but the last I heard on Friday was that he was doing much better now. :) which I'm so glad.

Monte was the one that fell off of my brothers balcony one time but he survived thank goodness he's a tough boy.

Thanks,
melissa

Karen
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I wonder if he initially just dislocated his jaw. My jaw dislocates when I yawn, or "open wide" - I always thought everyone's jaw did that, until my orthodontist explained one that that not everyone hear a popping sounds when he has told them "open wide," and to be careful and what to do if i got it stuck open*. Thankfully that last bit has never been necessary, but hey, I know if necessary!

Glad to hear he is doing better, at any rate.

*hit myself hard with the heel of my hand against the spot where the jaw "hinges."

Anikaca77
11-23-2009, 02:56 PM
My brother called me last night (of course I posted before this one that Monte was doing fine since I didn't hear anything) and he was heading home from the ER with Monte and Monte was in the back round crying. The ER sent home some pain shot injections so that way Monte will be comfortable until he was able to get a vet appt. Apparently, Monte started acting semi-better on Friday but then Sunday he opened his mouth again and started to drool so that's why he ended up in the ER.

My brother said Monte needs to have at least 1 tooth pulled to possibly 2-3 teeth pulled. He has gum disease.

I got him a vet appt. with my vets tomorrow at 9 a.m. and they are going to look at him and then they will put him under and pull his teeth.

Please say a pray that everything goes well for Monte that he will be just fine after this.

Catty1
11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Aww, poor Monty! I am glad he has painkillers as bad teeth and gums HURT!

He will need pain meds after the surgery too, but will feel much better very soon! Prayers for a fast recovery!

orangemm
11-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Poor guy, I'll certainly say a prayer for him.:( Hope you feel better soon, Monte.:love::love::love:

phesina
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Lots of good healing wishes and prayers for Monte, that the surgery goes well for him and this solves his problem!

Laura's Babies
11-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Poor baby! Prayers sent for that sweetie. Lets hope it's a easy fix and he can get back to normal..

Anikaca77
11-25-2009, 06:27 AM
I talked with my mom last night and poor Monte had to have 5 teeth pulled. My brother went to pick him up tonight and take him back to Bethlehem where he lives.

Please say a quick pray that Monte heals up just fine and doesn't have anymore problems.

Thanks for all the prays so far,

Melissa

phesina
11-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Prayers and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9643712) that Monte has a smooth recovery and is soon back in good form again.

Anikaca77
11-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Prayers and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=9643712) that Monte has a smooth recovery and is soon back in good form again.

Thank you so much.

Melissa