PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day November 19th!

luvofallhorses
11-19-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry if I haven't posted anything I got a new job so it's hard to post every morning.

Are you crafty? Do you scrapbook or anything?

For me I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I like to scrapbook although I am not that good at it it's good to make something of your 'own' rather than follow instructions. :)

Alysser
11-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I guess you could say I am sort of crafty. I enjoy sculpting with clay and the only class in school I ever liked was art, although I haven't taken an art class in 3 years. :o I love sketching and drawing, I'm OK at it. I get so bored with scrapbooking. I am currently in the process of making myself a costume/fursuit for a convention - but those plans might need to be put on hold for awhile. I have some stuff for it. It's going to be a wolf :D

aTailOf2Kitties
11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
people at work tell me I'm crafty. I do a lot of stuff with paper. I don't scrapbook or anything, just sometimes I'll see a scrap of paper that looks like something so I'll make something out of it. Or I'll blow up a rubber glove and draw a chicken face on it (fingers are the comb, the thumb is the beak). I made a big mouse mask out of a feed bag. I saw a box that reminded me of Wall-E so I put it on my head. It's fun walking up to someone's window with some oddball creation and acting like nothing is out of the ordinary, LOL.

Freedom
11-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I do not have a creative bone in my body. :( That doesn't stop me from trying now and then, lol. The result typically looks like the work of a first grader, but I am always quite pleased.

cassiesmom
11-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm not crafty, but I wish I was. I learned counted cross-stitch in college. But I don't knit, or sew, or crochet. One of my co-workers is giving her daughter a sewing machine for Christmas, which got me thinking: I wonder if they offer home-ec courses for adults? I'd love to learn to sew.

Queen of Poop
11-19-2009, 09:14 PM
I like to take pictures.
I also like to make bracelets.

Catherinedana
11-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Nope, but I'm musical. Does that count?

Karen
11-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Yup and always have been. Give me sticks and grass, and I'll make something. In elementary school, I'd find acorns on the playground, open them up and carve the softer inside nut into things - teeny silverware, or whatever. I love crafty stuff, but never scrapbook - I'd rather draw.

kokopup
11-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I have been told I'm crafty, but I don''t think that it was intended to be a compliment. When it comes to the stuff that fit's in the category of crafts I leave that up to my wife. She would be considered crafty
extraordinaire.

Years ago I used to do pottery and ceramics and was good at it. When I built my home theater I made all my movie poster frames and decorated the room. I think it turned out very nice.

Genny
11-19-2009, 10:34 PM
I can't draw worth a flip lol, but I use to have a scrapbook and I kept all kinds of stickers in it. I had thousands. I actually still have it I just don't ever add anything to it anymore.
I like to color..lol...that's fun but I don't guess it's an artsy talent or anything anyone can do that, huh? :rolleyes:
I once made a book and it was about all the animals I've ever had/have. It was pretty cool and it was a very long thick book. People tell me I should get it published someday that I might make a lot of money w/ it. I dunno...it's just about my animals...I don't know if people would enjoy reading that or not :confused:

sparks19
11-19-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm pretty crafty. artsy in general. My first passion was singing. then I started painting ceramics and drawing cartoon characters.

but now my main craft focus is my jewelry. I make all kinds of jewelry from necklaces to bracelets to earrings to rings. I LOVE making jewelry. It's my major creative outlet. I NEED to do something creative and this is it. I will take this moment to plug my etsy shop for those that would like to see photos. www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I love to create things from the tiniest silliest thing to the most complicated. I love to create and draw and paint with Hannah. she loves to color and I love to do that with her. and she LOVES music and that's a love we share. and even at only two years of age her pitch is phenomenal. she pretends to play her flute but doesn't understand that she needs to blow into it for the sound to come so she hears me blow in it and then takes the flute and mimics the note that I made and it is pitch perfect. she mimics speech the same way... pitch perfect. she also loves tto dance. I want to get her into a dance "class" asap and nurture something she really enjoys to do.

so yes... arts and crafts are a big part of my life.

pomtzu
11-20-2009, 06:56 AM
I used to be quite crafty before the spinal cord injury left me with limited use of my hands.

I used to sew and made a lot of my own clothes, but then it became less expensive to buy them with the advent of discount stores for everyday knock-around items.

Never could get into scrapbooking.

However, I was a fanatic when it came to knitting and crocheting, and I've made many an afghan in my day. Also liked doing long stitch, since cross stitch was so darn time consuming and seemed to take forever to complete a project of any size. Also used to do some macrame and latch hook.

I really miss being able to do all that. :(

Taz_Zoee
11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
My sister got the artistic ability and I got the physical ability. I can't draw and she can't dance. :)

Zippy
11-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I like to take pictures but other then that not really.I tried to quilt(my mom and grandma both do)but didnt't like it.My cousin Katie paints and I know my cousin Tyler has started drawing.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I like crafts, but don't really do any on a regular basis. I'd love to learn how to sew or knit, though. Knitting looks like the perfect winter-time hobby. Maybe I should take a class!

I do enjoy playing the piano, though, and writing stories once and a while!

I do not have a creative bone in my body. That doesn't stop me from trying now and then, lol. The result typically looks like the work of a first grader, but I am always quite pleased.

That's not true! I have seen pictures of your lovely garden. Gardening takes a lot of creativity.

Casper
11-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I totally love anything and everything that related to art. I am majoring in Studio Art in college at the moment and currently putting together an Art Blog to share my work with friends and family. After I work out a few issues I will post the link in my signature. :)