PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a second? My Aunt needs votes!

k9krazee
11-19-2009, 06:33 AM
I hate online photo contests where people vote, because it just turns into a popularity contest. That said, my Aunt has entered a photo contest. Normally I wouldn't ask this, but I was wondering if you could vote for her. She's currently at 88 votes and the winner has 200. It's a long shot, but the winner of this contest will get $2500. My Aunt desperately needs this right now especially. Both of their vehicles are uninsured because they can't afford it. They are currently borrowing my Mom's car, because my Uncle has already gotten a ticket for not having his plate renewed. They have always struggled financially and are working hard to make ends meet.

If you could please spare a second or two, all you have to do is enter an email address, then open your email and click the link. It's super easy and it would be greatly appreciated. :love:

And as more incentive, if you vote you can PM me some pictures for a signature or something ;)

http://www.weatherphotocontest.com/bin/Rate?image_id=1008406121

Thank you!

Anikaca77
11-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Done :)

Lady's Human
11-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Done, she's up to 93.

I'm sure the rest of PT can help.....

ChrisH
11-19-2009, 08:17 AM
It's a beautiful photo, pleased to vote.

Up to 98 now.

Husky_mom
11-19-2009, 08:45 AM
voted! ;)

Marigold2
11-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Done:D

BitsyNaceyDog
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
I voted, she's up to 101! That's a gorgeous picture, she deserves to win.

lvpets2002
11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
:) I just voted & she is up to 103-104 now.. Good Luck

Karen
11-19-2009, 11:52 AM
I voted last night! It's a lovely seasonal picture, and the Weather Channel at least is a reputable site.

Moesha
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I voted for your aunt's photo. I had thought about submitting one several weeks ago, and when I was looking at them then, I thought hers was one of the very best.

Just a note though. She can get the most votes and still not get the grand prize of the $2500. If she gets the most votes, she will win the people's choice award. That prize is a variety pack of Weather Channel Merchandise. The $2500 grand prize is awarded by judges and that isn't connected to the people's choice voting. So, even if she doesn't get the most votes, she could still be chosen by the judges as the grand prize or one of the 4 first place winners. And if she does get the most votes, that doesn't guarantee her the $2500. I hope that makes sense. Either way. I voted! It is a very pretty picture. :)

Cinder & Smoke
11-19-2009, 04:33 PM
*DONE* :)

#107 is IN!

So, just HOW MANY times can I vote??

EDIT:

Answered my own question with a couple clicks >>>

"Peoples's Choice:
In order to vote you need to provide a valid email address, and
only one vote per email address is possible.

If after voting the first time, you decide to vote for another image,
the first image you voted for will lose that vote.
The "People's Choice" is a section apart from the rest of the contest and
the votes will not influence the judges.
A photographer would seek votes in order to win the "People's Choice" section alone.
The winners for the other categories will be determined by the judges."

lvpets2002
11-19-2009, 04:47 PM
:) I think as many as you want too as long as you submitt a differant E-Mail address.. I have about 4 diff address & so I will try to vote again..:D
*DONE* :)

#107 is IN!

So, just HOW MANY times can I vote??

EDIT:

Answered my own question with a couple clicks >>>

"Peoples's Choice:
In order to vote you need to provide a valid email address, and
only one vote per email address is possible.

If after voting the first time, you decide to vote for another image,
the first image you voted for will lose that vote.
The "People's Choice" is a section apart from the rest of the contest and
the votes will not influence the judges.
A photographer would seek votes in order to win the "People's Choice" section alone.
The winners for the other categories will be determined by the judges."

Casper
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
What a lovely picture! I just casted my vote. :) Best of luck to your aunt!