PDA

View Full Version : Just took a stroll through my little house

Logan
10-09-2002, 11:50 AM
If I had a digital camera, this would be much more effective, but this is what I saw:

Honey, Lilly and Murphy are all asleep on their respective beds on the floor in my office. The three beautiful girls (2 Goldens, 1 Yellow Lab) are in a circle on the floor.

Mimi (our 13 year old cat) is cuddled up in a nest of pillows on the sofa.

Butter (the terror cat that I love) is asleep on Helen's bed

Roger and Millie Cockatiel just got out for their daily stretch and are singing (Zippity Do Dah, of course, Roger refuses to learn a new song) and eating linguini noodles and fresh green lettuce.
Olivia Hamster is asleep currently, as she always does during the day.

What a peaceful house this is! And what a pleasure it is for me to be able to be at home, working, during the day, right here in the midst of all of them!!! All 8 are accounted for and happy. What more could a girl ask for???

Logan

lovemymaltese
10-09-2002, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a wonderful world to come home to. I come home to a barking Tango dancing on his hind legs begging to be picked up so that he can sniff me to find out where I have been all day. Aren't pets the greatest! :)

wolflady
10-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Oh that sounds just like heaven!!! What is it that you do from home?? I would so much love to be able to do that:) You are truly blessed! :D

Pam
10-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Logan, that is a beautiful description. Doesn't it make you wonder how our animals can still sleep at night with all of the daytime sleeping that they do!! LOL!

I loved this line....What a peaceful house this is! Don't get too relaxed, one knock at the door can change all that! hehe!

manda99
10-09-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Pam

I loved this line....What a peaceful house this is! Don't get too relaxed, one knock at the door can change all that! hehe!

Ain't that the truth!

but everything/everyone sounds lovely.

Logan
10-09-2002, 12:58 PM
LOL!!! Pam, you are so right!! Right after I posted this, the doorbell rang and three yellow faces were right there to check it out!!! :p

Turned out to be the husband of my friend, Sherry, who is looking to buy another house in this neighborhood (for her mother to live in), and he wanted to check it out! He got lots of funny looks and barks from Honey, and licks from Murphy and Lilly!! :D

Karen, I work for a California bank (Temecula, CA) making small business loans. It is a dream job, and I am so grateful for it.

Logan

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-09-2002, 01:20 PM
That scenario you just described probably doesn't happen too often, does it?

I wish I could find a job working from home. Perhaps one day I will!

jennifert
10-09-2002, 01:45 PM
Logan, it sounds so wonderful! But then you know I love your home...I was sad to hear that you are selling the house but happy that you are happy!!!
I would love to work from home. And Duncan would be ecstatic! I'm going to go home tonight, light a fire in the fireplace and curl up on the couch with my Duncan.

Sudilar
10-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Pam
.What a peaceful house this is! Don't get too relaxed, one knock at the door can change all that! hehe!

or one teeny, tiny quiet little chipmonk crossing the back patio!!!!:eek: Amazing how they can hear those little footsteps.

Rachel
10-09-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Logan
All 8 are accounted for and happy. What more could a girl ask for???

I know a girl who has all that and asked for ONE THING MORE...a gorgeous hunk of a man who loves animals....

and she got it.....I mean him!

And they lived happily ever after...the end.

Rachel
10-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar

or one teeny, tiny quiet little chipmonk crossing the back patio!!!!:eek: Amazing how they can hear those little footsteps.

Yessireee, those little footsteps are heard here as well and can send the canines into a barking frenzy. And one dare not say the word *chippy* too loud here either.

Logan
10-09-2002, 09:58 PM
LOL!!! You guys are too funny..........what I didn't tell you about was the Tuesday night possum party we had last night. Honey was sending out invitations!!! :p Isn't it funny, it doesn't happen every Tuesday night, but if it is going to happen, it is always on a Tuesday!!! :D

And Rachel........you're right about getting "him". :o I sure am a lucky girl.

shais_mom
10-10-2002, 12:20 AM
Sounds like Heaven on Earth!!!

C.C.'s Mom
10-10-2002, 07:42 AM
I'm just smiling!

My two brats are fighting next to me, grr... whished they'd stop.

anna_66
10-10-2002, 08:47 AM
I bet it was a vision for you, it probably don't happen too often does it?:)
I love going around looking at the dogs when they are asleep, I just like to snuggle them up a little!