PDA

View Full Version : The flu

Sirrahsim
11-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I just got back from the ER with my oldest son. He has the flu :( They did not test him for H1N1 so they can't say one way or the other which strain he has but it is definitely the flu:( My poor baby. He scared the crap out of us today. It came on so suddenly!! He went from fine this morning to almost passing out around lunch time to waking up from his nap with a high fever:eek::eek::(:(

sasvermont
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Oh my. I hope and trust he will be fine. The only advice I would give is to keep a keen eye on him and don't hesitate to take him right back or call etc. I know that statistics say he has a great chance of full recovery, but you can't be too careful these days.

Keep us posted. Good luck deary. I hope you little one steers clear of this bug.

Of course, you know the drill about washing hands etc.

Gosh, such a mess. Do you have help right now?

Sirrahsim
11-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Thank you:) Yes I have lots of friends in the area. I'm sure they won't be too keen on exposing themselves to our germs but I'm also sure that they'd be willing to drops things off on my porch if I need them:) Hopefully he was exposed to it at some point AFTER his Daddy went back to work last week. All we need is for my husband to have carried the virus with him back to his base:eek:

sparks19
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
awwww :( I hope he can get to feeling better soon. It's always so worrying no matter what they have but THIS is just down right frightening for anyone.

Casper
11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Goodness, it sounds like it really came on fast! Poor kid...

Good vibes headed that way for a quick recovery for your boy! Any flu can take a lot out of you. :(

Karen
11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Awww, monitor him carefully, just in case! He and the rest of the family will be in our prayers.

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope that he'll recover quickly and that no one else will come down with the flu. I'll keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Taz_Zoee
11-18-2009, 09:53 AM
This darn flu is just scaring the tar out of me. At least you caught it quickly and can monitor him and make sure he gets the rest and care he needs.

I hope Tyler is feeling better soon.

caseysmom
11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
How is your little guy doing today? I hope he is better.

Sirrahsim
11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
He is in good spirits and when his fever is down he acts almost normal aside from the terrible cough. When his fever goes up he is pitiful and just lays there staring at the tv:(

Daisy and Delilah
11-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out. Feel better Tyler!! :(

ChrisH
11-19-2009, 04:42 AM
Poor sweetheart. Prayers on the way for all. {{hugs}}