PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Saga: New Moon

Nomilynn
11-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Is anyone else going to see it? I have tickets for Thursday night at 10pm.

I :love::love::love: Edward. And yes, I'm 29 and I'm ok with that ;):love:

Husky_mom
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I never read the books.. and was quite tired of everyone being head over heels about the whole twilight thing..

now ask me who cannot wait for the new movie to come out...:rolleyes: lol

we asre so seeing it.. maybe not the premiere as it´s at midnight. and we´d have to take the kiddo.. but maybe we will heheh

caseysmom
11-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Me, my daughter and my sister in law are going friday nights. She was suppose to get the tickets today so hopefully she did.

I am 48 and I love Edward too:o

binka_nugget
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
I can't wait!! :D I'm taking Friday off work cause it's my birthday and cause I have an agility trial starting in the afternoon. I'm gonna catch the first show on Friday at Metropolis. I still work part-time there and they've only sold 25 tickets so it looks like I get to go for free! YIPPY! :D

ramanth
11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm 32 and a Twilight fan. ;) :D

My mom, sister, and I are repeating what we did when Twilight came out.

We catch a matinee on Friday, then go out to lunch, and do a little shopping. :cool:

This time, I'm seeing New Moon twice on Friday. That morning and later in the evening with a friend.

Sirrahsim
11-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I already bought tickets for a Friday night showing and have a babysitter all lined up! Now I just need to get my oldest son healthy :(

caseysmom
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Hope he gets better soon we need to compare notes after:D

Sirrahsim
11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
A friend of mine in Australia got to see it already and said that she was floored and that it was "AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!"
She also suggested that you bring a towel to mop up the drool because they have both Edward and Jacob looking delicious:D

caseysmom
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah like I said we need to compare "notes":D

finn's mom
11-19-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm going with five or six friends tonight at midnight. David's on baby duty. :) We are getting to the theater between 9 and 10, so I'm taking it easy today so that I can stay awake past ten tonight, haha. I'll definitely be trying to nap while Clara's napping! I'm excited about the movie, I may even re-read the book today!

kitten645
11-19-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm 47 and I LOVE Edward too!:D I'm going Mon nite with a Girl Scout Troop. I love to see the giggles and sheer joy :love: I've always loved all things goth. I watched Dark Shadows as a child!

Genny
11-19-2009, 10:20 PM
so i heard that they were sold out of tickets??? but a friend of mine asked me if i wanted to go w/ him tomorrow...so like...can you get a ticket??? are they sold out?? like if we go and walk up to buy one are they gonna be like we're sold out! i dunno..that's just what someone told me a while back that you can't even get tickets for it..

caseysmom
11-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Well like it depends on the theater:D

finn's mom
11-20-2009, 04:01 AM
New Moon was great! Loved the werewolves! Jake looks so great, especially after he cuts that nasty hair! ;) I really like the way they ended the movie. And, Eclipse is due to come on June 30th! Awesome!

And, after this movie, it's official...Team Edward all the way, but I'm now on Team Jasper, now, too. :)

sirrahbed
11-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Hubby and I checked out Twilight and watched it last night! Now he definitely wants to go see New Moon:D I think we will wait until the crowds thin out though!!

caseysmom
11-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Just got back from new moon, I enjoyed it, would have like a little more Edward but Jacob looked pretty fine.

Anyone else? My sister in law liked twilight better, my daughter liked new moon better, it was a toss up for me.

Sirrahsim
11-21-2009, 08:03 AM
LOVED it! I thought that it was leaps and bounds better than Twilight. The acting/makeup/overall feel was better. I went all fan girl and squealed a few times:D I love Jacob. I love his character and I LOVE his abs:D

Alysser
11-21-2009, 09:08 AM
I was pratically dragged by my hair to the see the movie by my sister. I don't like Twilight - at all - and I am guilty of letting people know it. :o Personally, I think Rob Pattison is the ugliest thing in the movie. I have never thought he was cute - even as Cedric Digory in Harry Potter. I don't see the obsession with him and never will. I don't like the Twilight books - but I surprisingly enjoyed the movie a little. I am not much of a romance person so that put me to sleep - but Jacob is HOT (and has always been). The werewolves were awesome, the graphics for them were awesome and I found them kinda cute. Werewolves are my favorite "Monster", so that's not really a surprise. I loved the big Jet Black one. :love:

Daisy and Delilah
11-21-2009, 10:46 AM
I was pratically dragged by my hair to the see the movie by my sister. I don't like Twilight - at all - and I am guilty of letting people know it. :o Personally, I think Rob Pattison is the ugliest thing in the movie. I have never thought he was cute - even as Cedric Digory in Harry Potter. I don't see the obsession with him and never will. I don't like the Twilight books - but I surprisingly enjoyed the movie a little. I am not much of a romance person so that put me to sleep - but Jacob is HOT (and has always been). The werewolves were awesome, the graphics for them were awesome and I found them kinda cute. Werewolves are my favorite "Monster", so that's not really a surprise. I loved the big Jet Black one. :love:

Alyssa, sometimes I think we are related. Finally, you said what I was thinking. I don't think I would be interested in these movies but I would consider giving it a shot.
However, what does everybody see in Rob Pattinson? I just don't see it. Even with his accent, he looks ill to me. I have tried and tried to find the good looks everyone goes after, but, I can't see it. Sorry.:(

Catty1
11-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Alysser and Daisy and Delilah - I think you will like this graph from GraphJam:

http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-graphs-memes-effects-comparison.jpg

finn's mom
11-21-2009, 11:29 AM
The only thing I don't get is why anyone tries to understand why someone is attracted to someone else. It's a million different things to every person. I'm not personally attracted to Robert Pattinson outside of Twilight. I love the character of Edward Cullen, though. Attraction is not meant to be explained or understood, really. It just **is**. I'm sure everyone has been attracted to someone else in their lifetime that other people didn't get. Why try to figure it out? And, it's not always about the physical appearance of a person, either. ;)

Daisy and Delilah
11-21-2009, 12:04 PM
The only thing I don't get is why anyone tries to understand why someone is attracted to someone else. It's a million different things to every person. I'm not personally attracted to Robert Pattinson outside of Twilight. I love the character of Edward Cullen, though. Attraction is not meant to be explained or understood, really. It just **is**. I'm sure everyone has been attracted to someone else in their lifetime that other people didn't get. Why try to figure it out? And, it's not always about the physical appearance of a person, either. ;)

Thanks Candace!!

Kari, so true. While I was writing , I thought about exactly what you said. I'm sure there are many things that makes a person attractive to another person and not just looks.
I suppose I watch too much tv and I see all the "heart throb" stories way way way too much. Thinking it was driven by looks, primarily, I was perplexed as to why anyone could see this guy as good looking.
In reality, :) it's probably much more than that.

I've seen Rob on every talk show on the air but I haven't seen the movies. I should correct myself to say::I don't see the attraction myself but I'm sure many many many people do see him in ways I don't see.

With what I said before, I can honestly say I feel guilty that I wasn't able to see what he has to offer in so many ways to so many other people. Because everyone else liked him so much, I suppose I felt like I should try to do the same. Make sense? :)

finn's mom
11-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Because everyone else liked him so much, I suppose I felt like I should try to do the same. Make sense? :)

Don't join the crowd unless you want to. ;) If you aren't into vampire love stories, that's cool, man, we still like you! haha. I've not always had a thing for vampires, but I definitely like the whole bad boy with a good heart thing. So, the relatively new (or at least new to me) phenomenon of a vampire who doesn't want to be a monster is very appealing to me!

I am not attracted to Robert Pattinson, although I think he's handsome. Sometimes he does look too thin and disheveled, but I think he's a good looking guy for the most part. But, I kinda like those pretty boys sometimes (look at Johnny Depp, he's definitely got a delicate look about him in many ways!). But, on the other side of the coin, Russell Crowe makes my heart flip flop. And, there's nothing "pretty" about him!

And, don't get me wrong, I know there are many people attracted to others strictly on good looks, but beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder. One person's trash is another's treasure, right? :D

caseysmom
11-21-2009, 12:34 PM
I love the opening night crowd. My 17 year old was rolling her eyes at all the squeels when Jacob and Edward took their shirts off, I thought it was hysterical!

Daisy and Delilah
11-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Don't join the crowd unless you want to. ;) If you aren't into vampire love stories, that's cool, man, we still like you! haha. I've not always had a thing for vampires, but I definitely like the whole bad boy with a good heart thing. So, the relatively new (or at least new to me) phenomenon of a vampire who doesn't want to be a monster is very appealing to me!

I am not attracted to Robert Pattinson, although I think he's handsome. Sometimes he does look too thin and disheveled, but I think he's a good looking guy for the most part. But, I kinda like those pretty boys sometimes (look at Johnny Depp, he's definitely got a delicate look about him in many ways!). But, on the other side of the coin, Russell Crowe makes my heart flip flop. And, there's nothing "pretty" about him!

And, don't get me wrong, I know there are many people attracted to others strictly on good looks, but beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder. One person's trash is another's treasure, right? :D

You are definitely right!! I probably sounded shallow and I am as far away as a person can get for being shallow. I always think it's what a person has inside that's going to be lasting and important. Nothing wrong with good looks but it isn't in my top 5 important things.

I really pride myself on giving everything the benefit of the doubt and I try not to judge anything without doing this first. I know some of us "older" folks ;) are very quick to stereotype people and trends and it just isn't right.

Kari, I think I was crazy enough to believe that the attraction described on tv was purely for looks. People refer to Rob as "hot" and I took it as a looks thing. I heard Rob say he is exhausted from touring to promote the movie. Poor guy looks worn out. I don't mind the disheveled look either. With him, I think I worry that he looks sick sometimes and extremly thin. This must be my motherly instincts kicking in. Like saying, "He looks like he could use a home cooked meal and some sleep".:)

I'm not really sure why the vampire thing has gotten so popular. Back in the day, it was Dark Shadows--dating myself terribly. I guess there is a certain darkness involved here. Dark romance.

Maybe this older lady needs to go see the movie and find out what I'm missing!! Huh? :D

caseysmom
11-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Part of it for me is its something me and my daughter both enjoy, we have our little routine now of going on opening night. She is all worried that next year when the next one comes out she will be off to college.

Daisy and Delilah
11-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Part of it for me is its something me and my daughter both enjoy, we have our little routine now of going on opening night. She is all worried that next year when the next one comes out she will be off to college.

This really makes sense to me. What a great reason for falling in love with this whole thing. When my daughter calls today, I need to ask her if she's going to see the movie. If we lived closer, it would be something we could enjoy too. Everything we can do together is extra special to me. I hope you two get to go again next year. :)

anna_66
11-21-2009, 01:45 PM
As a non Twilight lover I went with a bunch of girls that I work with to see New Moon. Of course they all just thought is was the best thing ever, but I still don't see what they do (and nor do they see what I see in NASCAR;))

I've always loved vampire movies, but I don't see this as a vampire movie at all. I didn't see any teeth:p
Now on the other hand for the few minutes you get to see the werewolves I was loving it.LOVED the werewolves!

Nope, don't think I'll ever be a Twilight junkie. I just think it's a sappy love story:o

Daisy and Delilah
11-21-2009, 02:51 PM
I love hearing everyone's take on this movie, etc.

My daughter loves it too!! She is planning to see the movie soon.:)

Alysser
11-21-2009, 05:53 PM
I love, love, love werewolves. I have researched the "history" of this myth and I find it fascinating, even if they aren't real. I like to think they are. :D Kari, I believe you're right - but I really meant look-wise. I just do not understand the claims that he is "the most gorgeous thing to grace our eyes" as it said in magazines. He is not appealing to me in the least bit, that's just my opinion. I don't really like "Edward Cullen" either, I find him really really really creep and stalkerish lol. :D I've gotten into a few popular obsessions like Harry Potter and POTC, but it's just grown off me to like what everyone else likes because it kills it for me. I personally like weird things that alot of people my age don't like Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Wars, and old sci-fi, old cartoons (looney tunes), and newer cartoons like spongebob lol. I am just a kid at heart and I always will be.

finn's mom
11-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I love the opening night crowd. My 17 year old was rolling her eyes at all the squeels when Jacob and Edward took their shirts off, I thought it was hysterical!

That was one of my favorite things about the experience! I love the fact that, despite how jaded people can be, "little girls" still squeal over "little boys", I think it's wonderful! It made me giggle and I even squealed a couple times myself, simply because it was ok to do it. ;)

finn's mom
11-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I probably sounded shallow and I am as far away as a person can get for being shallow.

Back in the day, it was Dark Shadows--dating myself terribly.

Maybe this older lady needs to go see the movie and find out what I'm missing!! Huh? :D

I don't think you sounded shallow at all. :) Dark Shadows...I think Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are working on retelling that story on the big screen, if I'm not mistaken.

And, the movies are fun, so are the books. They are not life changing by any means, trivial and total fluff, but I LOVE them. ;) Don't get me wrong...I love important books and movies as well, but I love a good fluff story almost as much, given my frame of mind at the time. If you feel like it, and are in the mood for it, give 'em a shot.

I really think my attraction to the Twilight series and even the new tv show, The Vampire Diaries, is the bad boy turned good thing. Even in "real life". My husband was the guy I wouldn't date in school, because he was a bad boy. But, he has a good heart and has outgrown a lot of that. BUT...I do like the thought that there is still a little of that rebel in him. ;)

finn's mom
11-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Kari, I believe you're right - but I really meant look-wise. I just do not understand the claims that he is "the most gorgeous thing to grace our eyes" as it said in magazines. He is not appealing to me in the least bit, that's just my opinion. I don't really like "Edward Cullen" either, I find him really really really creep and stalkerish lol. :D I've gotten into a few popular obsessions like Harry Potter and POTC, but it's just grown off me to like what everyone else likes because it kills it for me. I personally like weird things that alot of people my age don't like Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Wars, and old sci-fi, old cartoons (looney tunes), and newer cartoons like spongebob lol. I am just a kid at heart and I always will be.

It's all good! I do think he's good looking, though, too. ;) Like I said earlier, he is too thin, but I love his bone structure (that sharp jaw line is nice)...I like his hair and his eyes, too. Edward is a great character, and I love his loyalty and devotion to Bella, even his need to protect her, almost to a fault. However, with that being said, I could not date someone like that. Most of the characters in movies or books are nothing like the kind of man I actually love in "real life."

I'm sure I followed the crowd when I was younger, but I don't care what's in or out anymore. I think it's normal, especially for younger people, to want to fit in, and sometimes that includes jumping on bandwagons like the Twilight saga. Nothing wrong with it, in the long run. If I like something that's "in", it's not because it's "in". But, along the same line, I'm not going to dislike something just because it's the "it" thing. I think that's just as goofy.

Husky_mom
11-21-2009, 08:23 PM
just Saw it and I think I drooled a little.. hehe..

woo hoo shirt off.. lol

awesome werewolfs..

I too am not that fon of Edward.. although some shot made him look really nice.. but just some.. so hot.. and I totally fell for the character... I was saying in my mind yes yes (at the end).. haha..

Sirrahsim
11-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Am I the only one who thought that the scene in the elevator in Italy was one of the funniest things EVER?? :D:D

finn's mom
11-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Am I the only one who thought that the scene in the elevator in Italy was one of the funniest things EVER?? :D:D

I honestly can't remember what happened, do you mind describing it (if you think it's spoiler material, send me a pm!)? I am curious now and can't seem to picture the scene!

Husky_mom
11-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I honestly can't remember what happened, do you mind describing it (if you think it's spoiler material, send me a pm!)? I am curious now and can't seem to picture the scene!

ok.. now I´m too.. please pass on the info.. hehe

Genny
11-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I want to. My friend asked me to go w/ him to see it lastnight-and when we got there they were sold out!! They were sold out of the tickets for 8 & 9. They had some for 10, but instead we just went to see The Blind Side at 9. It was a really good movie. But nope, haven't seen New Moon yet...but I def want to!!

Sirrahsim
11-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Walk through the dark creepy halls of Volterra with the dark creepy vampires in dark creepy robes.... Then climb on the elevator that is surprisingly well lit and squeeze in lots of creepy looking vampires. THEN watch the elevator move and listen to the cheesy elevator music. Apparently even vampires can't escape the horrible muzak that plagues elevators everywhere....

Maybe I'm just crazy but I thought it was hilarious.:D

talking about that scene. Don't worry, no spoilers unless you feel spoiled by knowing that at one point they are all together on an elevator :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnhh-lSGmDk

finn's mom
11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I remember the elevator music, now. Everyone laughed, it was funny. I didn't think it was roll on the floor funny, but I did snicker. ;)

ramanth
11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Caught it twice on Friday. It was okay and many scenes I liked, but I think I enjoyed Twilight better.

Loved the werewolves and Alice. :D

If I had to pick a side, I was more of a Team Edward while reading the books, but the movie version, I'd have to say Team Jacob. Kristen appeared to have much better on screen chemistry with Taylor than Rob. Not sure if that had to do with them or the directing. It's just quite obvious that the number of times she smiles around Jacob far outnumbered those with Rob.

And if Kristen continues to concentrate on Rob's nose/chin area with such intesity that she looks like she's going to pop a blood vessel, I just may have to rip my hair out. :rolleyes: :p

During the second viewing there were definitely groups of 'Team Edward' in the audience. During the scenes where Jacob and Bella nearly kissed, you'd hear squeals of "No! No! NO!!". The rest of the audience would snicker.

Regardless, it was cheesy fun. And yes, that elevator scene was genius.

Looking forward to Eclipse. :)

Nomilynn
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
It was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. It's not great, it's not awful, which is pretty much what I thought of the first one. I won't go on opening night again - the screeching and giggling all through the movie was highly irritating - but I'm glad I had the experience this one time!! :)

Nomilynn
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I saw it again last Wednesday; it was better the 2nd time. I thought I would like it better the 2nd time because the same thing happened with Twilight as well. Edward was better the 2nd viewing somehow lol :D

cloverfdx
11-29-2009, 06:28 AM
I am hopefully seeing it again Friday night :D.

cloverfdx
11-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Caught it twice on Friday. It was okay and many scenes I liked, but I think I enjoyed Twilight better.

Loved the werewolves and Alice. :D

If I had to pick a side, I was more of a Team Edward while reading the books, but the movie version, I'd have to say Team Jacob. Kristen appeared to have much better on screen chemistry with Taylor than Rob. Not sure if that had to do with them or the directing. It's just quite obvious that the number of times she smiles around Jacob far outnumbered those with Rob.

And if Kristen continues to concentrate on Rob's nose/chin area with such intesity that she looks like she's going to pop a blood vessel, I just may have to rip my hair out. :rolleyes: :p

During the second viewing there were definitely groups of 'Team Edward' in the audience. During the scenes where Jacob and Bella nearly kissed, you'd hear squeals of "No! No! NO!!". The rest of the audience would snicker.

Regardless, it was cheesy fun. And yes, that elevator scene was genius.

Looking forward to Eclipse. :)
What did you think of Alices clothing Kimmy? i was not at all impressed lol. I loved the Were's as well :love:. And Jasper was so much better this time round woohoo.

sumbirdy
11-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I loved Alice, Jasper and Emmett...but I thought they could've gotten better actors for the rest of the characters. I just didn't think the acting in either one of the movies was very good at all. I LOVE the books. And because I love the books so much I was dissapointed in both of the movies. New Moon was better than Twilight however.

ramanth
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
What did you think of Alices clothing Kimmy? i was not at all impressed lol.

Her outfits were okay, but overall I'm not planning on replicating anything.

There were pieces of the outfits I liked.. like the fingerless gloves, red leather gloves, and the brown top.

She sure did wear a lot of scarves this time around. :D