PDA

View Full Version : Baby you can't drive your car...

RICHARD
11-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Beep, beep ah, beep, beep, NOOOOOOOOO!

http://autos.aol.com/?adl=59773&icid=main|main|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fautos.aol.co m%2F%3Fadl%3D59773

What a trip, eh?

happylabs
11-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Wow...that truly stinks that she cannot have the car back. If it was rightfully hers when it was stolen how can they not give it back to her? I am confused which is not surprising. :p

RICHARD
11-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow...that truly stinks that she cannot have the car back. If it was rightfully hers when it was stolen how can they not give it back to her? I am confused which is not surprising. :p

The insurance paid her for the car after it was stolen, so, technically she doesn't own the car anymore!:eek:

lvpets2002
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
:) That is correct.. Now can she buy it from whom owns it now?? I had a 1964 VW Bug in high school & sold it when I was 25 yrs young.. Now of course I could just kick myself & wish for it back..
The insurance paid her for the car after it was stolen, so, technically she doesn't own the car anymore!:eek:

Taz_Zoee
11-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I saw the title of this thread and just knew it was Richard that posted it! :p

I think she should be able to buy back the car for the price the insurance company gave her when it was stolen. But of course we all know that won't happen. :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
:) Now you know the Insurance Comp wont do that.. The Van is Vintage Now.. Like they said its worth is at least $25,000.00
I saw the title of this thread and just knew it was Richard that posted it! :p

I think she should be able to buy back the car for the price the insurance company gave her when it was stolen. But of course we all know that won't happen. :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
The insurance company basically bought a stolen car...which now days they wouldn't do. They pay a settlement on the vehicle but the insurance co doesn't own it, they are just paying you off because they figure the car isn't coming back.

I smell some sort of a scam somewhere...how can a car with a reported stolen VIN go 35 years to SEVERAL owners?