PDA

View Full Version : I felt guilty soooo.....

Chinadoll
10-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Last night, I was so exhausted that I got a tad impatient with the kitties. Out of all the toys they wanted to play with last night, it had to be one with bells. My poor aching head couldn't cope so I took it away. I think they have forgiven me, especially when I gave them can food this morning that they usually never get(that's always an afternoon thing) but I still felt guilty. Soooo..guess what I just bought?! A huge cat tree. Here's the pic...hopefully
http://www.lammensco.com/images/CF-1600%20Sandstone%20beige2.jpg

It's suppossed to be about 57 inches tall and 45 inches wide. It's going to take about a week to ship. I can't wait for it to get here. Are they spoiled or what?! :) Do you ever think you get more excited about something you bought your cats than they ever get when they see what you bought?

neko1
10-09-2002, 10:26 AM
Wow that cat tree is really cool! My cats would love something like that. Was it expensive? Did you order it online?

Chinadoll
10-09-2002, 10:35 AM
Well...depends on what you consider expensive. I thought it was cheap considering that I bought something much smaller than that for onlyt $30 less at a petstore. I ordered this on-line through ebay. Total with shipping was $123.99. $99 for the tree and $24.99 to ship. Here the link to ebay showing the auction...and this seller really is cheaper than buying direct from fiesta cat..I checked fiesta cat's website and it really does cost the $149.99 that the ebay seller said it cost retail. So it was a deal buying it through ebay. Hope that made sense to you.
Ebay Cat tree (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2058379779&rd=1)

toughCookie
10-09-2002, 10:50 AM
ooooookk, you are as bad as I am!!! spoiled kitties, yes!
don't feel bad about taking the toy away, they probably just found something else to play with. and I'm sure they would not want you to have a headache! heck, when they see that cat tree, they will think, gee, lets bug mom again and see what else we can get!!:rolleyes: :cool:

sasvermont
10-09-2002, 10:53 AM
My guys usually like what I get them. They don't always enjoy it right away, but eventually they play with/on it. They destroy so many of their toys - and I think they prefer them torn apart to tell you the truth.

I bet your guys will like the tree. All three of my guys love their tree and use it each AM to scratch, scratch, scratch.

I too spend way too much on them. They must have several beds, blankets, tents, tunnels etc. etc.

:)

yumyum6970
10-09-2002, 11:49 AM
That is cheap! We bought one from petsmart and it just has 3 levels on it they can sit on..maybe 4 I can't remember..anyways we spent $100.00 on it. :(

Chinadoll
10-09-2002, 11:53 AM
Yep..that's where I got my first one, Petsmart. I spent $70 and all it had was one perch and post about 30 inches tall and a carpet tube thing attached on the side. It's definetly cheaper on-line..I just hate waiting on shipping.

lovemymaltese
10-09-2002, 11:58 AM
cool cat tree, I bet they love it! :)

weeze
10-09-2002, 12:45 PM
wow, that is a really nice tree. Don't feel guilty about taking the toy away, I have to do it all the time.. Not for myself but for my tenants in the basement. They always tell me that sometimes it sounds like a stamped upstairs and they can't sleep. Its usually when Minnie or Baby find something annoying to play with in the middle of the night!

toughCookie
10-09-2002, 02:38 PM
I too spend way too much on them. They must have several beds, blankets, tents, tunnels etc. etc.

same here! except the tunnels, and thats the next thing I will get for them...and I am making them more blankets, crocheting.

Edwina's Secretary
10-09-2002, 03:06 PM
Edwina had a tree but all she used it for was a ladder to the window sill :rolleyes: ! So I gave it to my mother-in-law who has two cats. They LOVE it! For what I spent on it I prefer it be properly used!

Edwina has toy boxes all over the house. Yesterday I found three different toys from the second floor on the basement stair landing. All I can assume is she threw them over the railing to watch them fall down!

Silly girl!

Cataholic
10-09-2002, 03:49 PM
ChinaDoll, you know what your cats are saying right now behind your back? "Man is she ever soooooo easy!" :D :eek: :D

But, it is totally cool, and I think your cats will love it! If they don't , I will buy it from you for my babies. I just can't find one big enough, but cost less than I paid for my car. :D

Chinadoll
10-09-2002, 04:25 PM
I just can't find one big enough, but cost less than I paid for my car.

LMAO!! Ain't that the truth!

NoahsMommy
10-09-2002, 05:49 PM
How FUN!!!!

I bet they will just LOVE it!!! I want to get one for our cats so badly....I just know they would all love climbing and being up high. Too bad the big one's cost so much....we'll be saving our pennies for one for Christmas. :)

Uabassoon
10-09-2002, 07:20 PM
Your kittens are going to be so excited to have that cat tree. Corkscrew and Tibby love theirs, it;s funny to watch Tibby because she's still in that awkward kitten stage, she's around 5 months now. So sometimes she slips off but keeps holding on with one arm and swings around, she looks like a monkey, it's cute.

Miss Meow
10-09-2002, 11:24 PM
That is a fantastic tree. Do you get the cats as an added accessory??? :)

I get more excited than my cats when I buy them something. Mini is perfectly happy with his packet of pipe cleaners, he has even learnt how to pull them out of the bag for his mummy to make a toy with!

krazyaboutkatz
10-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Wow! That sure looks like a great cat tree. I'm sure they'll love it. Thats also a great price. Now when you get it we expect you to take a lot of pictures of it with your furbabies in it. :)