PDA

View Full Version : The left-behind

IRescue452
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
My mother has a new cat as of yesterday. Her new name is Pixel. A friend of her's runs an apartment building and this cat was left behind when its owners moved out. I found an ad on craigslist that describes her down to the last dot.

"Hi there I have a 1 year old female cat.Most of her body is white she has black on top of her head but a white line runs between it.ears are white besides a black dot on both ears in the same place kinda looks like shes wearing earrings.Her tail is all black with the tip white an then a couple black spots on leg.Her fur is long but very very soft an silky it doesnt knot at all.She also is a very small cat an wont fet much bigger if at all.Her size is about the sie of a 4 or 5 month old cat. She gets along well with other cats she might be scared for about a week if there are other cats.She has never been around dogs but with her personalaty she would to greet after alitte time.She also has been around all age kids from newborn an up is ood with them.i have had her since she was 5 weeks and never once tryed to bite anyone or go after anyone.she would be great for a home with no other animals and just as well alone.She is not declawed i myself wont declaw a cat.Also she is not fixed.But please dont just say no an not at least come see her or ask any questions cuz for one im am not asking a rehoming fee an the right person that would give her looking caring home.arangments can be made between me an the new mommy about getting her fixed.Please call me or text me with any questions."

Aparently this person who would never harm a cat enough to declaw it, (or even get it spayed) is more than willing to abandon it to die.

I'm trying to get pics but I have to reinstall my camera because the program is not detecting it. She's at least adjusting well, though my sister's cat Mischeif is NOT HAPPY with the new addition.

Freedom
11-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Bless your mom and her friend for taking care of Pixel!

The apartments I lived in prior to buying this house, folks routinely moved out and left the cat(s). The Super would just shoo them outdoors. :(

Anikaca77
11-16-2009, 02:19 PM
That's just so sad. I'm glad your mom took the this baby in. Bless her.

Pinot's Mom
11-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Thank your Mom for taking this baby in. That's actually how we got our RB kitty Jamara. She was left in a house people (and I use that term loosely) moved out of - IN FEBRUARY, WITH NO HEAT!!! I don't get it!!

catmandu
11-16-2009, 03:16 PM
And there are many supritntendants who would have just thrown Pixel out onto the street as they have so many other things to do than take care of Stray Cats,:(
I sent a notice out to some of My Pet Talker Friends where the Animal Control of this region is going to classify Stray Pets as Wildlife which means that they wont pick them up , and the home owners cant feed them.
That means that Momma Cats like Katherine Lee Sterling will have her Kittens in the wild with no food and I would be fined if I tried to help her.
I would have taken her upstairs and kept her and Her Babies if the Animal Control had not picked her up.
I cant believe this , what do they think thier jobs are if not to help Stray Pets?????
:mad:

katladyd
11-16-2009, 05:23 PM
When my boyfriend bought his current house about 6 years ago, the old owners left their two cats behind. We fed them, invited them indoors, though his cat would not tolerate other cats. He has good neighbors, they also semi-adopted them, also. They are now all passed on, and my boyfriend has two new cats who are absolute gifts from God! To this day, I can't understand how people can just abandon their furbabies that way!:confused:

phesina
11-16-2009, 05:58 PM
God bless your mom for taking this little kitty in and her friend for letting her know about her.

How come there are so many awful people who will do something like just leave their pet(s) behind in their old home when they move out?

IRescue452
11-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Here's pictures. They make her look huge, she's only about 4 pounds.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_1607.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_1609.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_1606.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_1608.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/IMG_1613.jpg

Laura's Babies
11-28-2009, 07:34 AM
:eek: What a LOVELY girl she is!! WOW! God Bless all those who stepped up to help that beautiful little girl and she will bring your Mom many years of love, companionship and snuggles. How lucky your Mom ended up with her!

Please keep up updated about Pixil and be sure to furnish us with lots of pictures of this lovely little girl.

momcat
11-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Pixel is absolutely beautiful!!! And what a lucky little kitty girl she is to have found a safe and loving home with your Mom. I wish them many years of love, happiness, and companionship! As you can, would you share more pictures with us? When you see Pixel would you give her some scritchies and lovies from me?

Medusa
11-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Aw, what a cutie pie Pixel is and what a sweetheart your mom is for taking her in. I swear, I'll never understand people. To leave this darling behind is just unfathomable. She's in good hands now, though. :)

katladyd
11-28-2009, 05:58 PM
What kind of monter leaves their cat behind to fend for itself?!!!:mad: People can be so inhumane! Pixel is a lovely kitty and your mother and her are both very lucky!

Freedom
11-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh my, what a petite little baby girl! Such a sweet face! She is one lucky gal. And you and mom are great for helping her and keeping her.

columbine
11-28-2009, 08:20 PM
She's gorgeous! And so relaxed and friendly. What a sweet little blessing she is! [virtual gentle behind-the-ears skritchies to Pixel! And a couple of virtual herring flakes as a welcome-home treat.]

Love, Columbine