PDA

View Full Version : Getting blood stains out of a seat belt

Catty1
11-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Trying to sell this vehicle AGAIN. Have been cleaning it.

In February I had a nose bleed. I lately started trying to clean it - one of those jobs I kep forgettng about. It's not HUGE - someone who didn't know might think it was chocolate.

Tried hydrogen peroxide...it fizzed some, but not much progress. Used Bissell carpet shampoo mixed in a spray bottle according to directions. Had new cheap toothbrushes to scrub with.

The fibers are really fine and densely woven I guess. I could soak it for several minutes in a solution of something - but what? I don't want to bleach the belt and change its colour.

Thanks!

Cataholic
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Try the Oxyclean product. I have used it sucessfully on blood, and a whole host of other stains, with success. I have never had a fade issue with it.

You would need to make a little paste out of it. And, leave it on for hours. I have left it on fabric for days (LOL, I forget sometimes).

Good luck! And, try using tissues instead of seat belts to halt nose bleeds. Much better absorbancy I would think.

lvpets2002
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
:) You might try Coca Cola or Lemon or Baking Soda or Vinger on it.. Blood is very hard to remove once it has dried..

Sirrahsim
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Try the Oxyclean product. I have used it sucessfully on blood, and a whole host of other stains, with success. I have never had a fade issue with it.

I agree! Oxyclean can take out about anything.

Catty1
11-16-2009, 04:49 PM
ROFL! I didn't use the seatbelt as a tissue! :D:D

It used to be when I got nosebleeds, they gushed suddenly. At the time, I had been pulled over for speeding, and started just crying...I could have killed one of the officers (max 50kph when a cop has pulled someone over [was someone else]), and I couldn't afford the price of a ticket. So I was crying and suddenly KABOOM! Grabbed a kleenex, but some of the belt and my jacket really got it at the time.

I'll try the oxyclean. Also found a way to keep the seatbelt from retracting so I can soak that part of the belt.

If Oxyclean doesn't discolour the belt, wonderful! Will give it a try.

Thanks!:love::)

RICHARD
11-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Try lanolin based/waterless hand cleaner from the auto shop place!

Medusa
11-16-2009, 05:33 PM
And if none of those products work, give Resolve a whirl. I've used it to get out blood stains on ultra suede, micro fibre and even dark wool and it didn't discolor or whiten the fabric. I love that stuff!