PDA

View Full Version : ARF event

kitten645
11-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm off to set up for our charity event:
http://www.arf.net/about/events/wine-and-whiskers.php

Wish us luck! Actually...not luck as much as $$$$$$$$$$ LOL!
Claudia:love:

Taz_Zoee
11-14-2009, 05:41 PM
I just got home from ARF!! I was there at 10am for adoptions. I was supposed to leave at 2pm, but just after 1pm the volunteer supervisor discovered the name tags were not ready. So I spend two hours (along with two other people) organizing them. There is supposed to be about 340 people there.
Last year at this event is when I met Taggart. We went back and got him the next day. So I opted out of working tonight. We don't have room for anymore dogs. :p But knowing me, I'd bring home a cat instead. And I don't have room for a new cat right now either.

Good luck (or $$$) Claudia! You should do great tonight! :D :D

kitten645
11-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Awww Cindy! I was hoping to see you tonight! :( It was a great event! We all talked about Taggart and how cute he was. Hope all of todays animals get adopted tomorrow!
Too many beautifull blackies there! I'm madly in love with Tempest:love:Just not sure I could do that to Calvin :( Event was a blast. So many nice people. Captain Sully was there! Got to hug him and thank him!:love:
Claudia

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2009, 10:57 AM
I know, I was hoping you'd get there before I left. But I was exhausted! I'll make sure I work next year. I didn't hear about it until it was too late.

I'm glad it was a success! Yeah, Sully was there (I'm bummed I missed that too). I guess there was a meeting for the arf people before the event and they were told to not swarm him or ask for autographs. :rolleyes:

There's one kitty I fell in love with, but they want her to be adopted with her buddy. Her name is Honey and her buddy is Baby. They were together when they were given up due to foreclosure. I try to not look at the animals too much because I want to bring them ALL home!!!

You can check out the website to see who is still there and who was adopted. http://www.arf.net
Look at adoptable pets and on the right side of that area is recent adoptions, they update weekly.