PDA

View Full Version : Sinuses - chapter 2

catnapper
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I thought this sinus infection was going to finally clear up. HA! It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. I had lunch with my ex-manager and we both had an awesome time. Somewhere on the ride home, I started to feel queezy and barely made it home before my lunch revisted.

I took today off because I can barely lift my head oof the pillow. I have some kind of infected nodes on the back of my neck that are KILLING me. I almost cried when the Dr. pressed on my eyebrows. All my glands are swollen too. I can't keep any food or drink down. I'm in misery. All because of a sinus infection.

I have a CT scan scheduled for Sunday morning. I must say I'm nervous. What could be wrong?

As for the Neti pot, I tried it again (thank goodness I don't throw anything away!) and if anything, I feel worse than ever. My sinuses burn. I have goopy snot running amok in my body. I asked the doctor about it today. She shrugged and it said it can't hurt but won't help me at this stage either.

Hubby went to the pharmacy for yet another prescription (to the tune of $90! :eek:), and then stopped at the Chinese restaurant for chicken noodle soup. He wuvs me :love:

Oh well, at least I have nice furry nurses to tend to me. If they would just STOP trying to lay across my stomach. I shoo Allen off, to find Mikey climbing up. Then I shoo him off.... to have Mystic climbing. I get him off and Flutter Butter is trying to lay on me. Pouncer's next to me right now - next to me is good. Its the ON me that hurts :p

Daisy and Delilah
11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Wow, Kim, you have maxed out the miserable meter. I know you are tired of feeling so lousy. Take care of yourself and feel better. Good luck with the CT scan.:(

catnapper
11-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Can someone PLEASE kill me now? Not only do I feee like I've been run over by a truck, I'm having a reaction to the new antibiotic. I have broken out in a bumpy red rash from foot to face. I'm itchy and miserable... and can't get hold of my doctor.

I was talking to a PTer last night who was talking to me about her sinus issues and suggested a different antibiotic to ask my doctor about. I said I have to be careful because I'm allergic to so many of them.... apparently I'm allergic to this one.:(

krazyaboutkatz
11-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Kim, I'm sorry to hear that you're so sick and miserable.:( Hopefully you'll be able to find the right antibiotic and get better very soon. It sounds like you're surrounded by furry nurses that are very worried about you. Please take care.

Sirrahsim
11-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Ahh I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble:(
When I was a teenager I was constantly getting sick with what were diagnosed as migraines but were more than likely sinus infections. When they finally did a scan they discovered that one of my sinuses had not developed fully. One quick surgery and I have NEVER had another migraine or sinus infection.
I hope that you do not need surgery like I did, but if they do find something that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing!

K9karen
11-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Can someone PLEASE kill me now? Not only do I feee like I've been run over by a truck, I'm having a reaction to the new antibiotic. I have broken out in a bumpy red rash from foot to face. I'm itchy and miserable... and can't get hold of my doctor.

I was talking to a PTer last night who was talking to me about her sinus issues and suggested a different antibiotic to ask my doctor about. I said I have to be careful because I'm allergic to so many of them.... apparently I'm allergic to this one.:(

Awww. That was me. Kim and family were suppose to come over to help me decide on home decor. Poor girl was so ill. I had recommended "Augmentin" which cured my sinus infection in less than a day. Only to give me the worse yeast infection ever, instantly. But it worked like a dream on the sinuses. I think it's made specifically for sinus infections.

Get well Kim. I'm not going anywhere. When you come, I want you happy and well.

RedHedd
11-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I've been through what you're going through. After about 6 rounds of antibiotics, NONE of which would touch the darned thing, I went to a new ENT who, after another two rounds of antibiotics scheduled me for "surgery" and it worked. That was about a month ago. Very little pain after the procedure (I won't go into the gory details here), short healing time and now I am infection-free and can breathe for the first time in years!

RedHedd
11-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Are you using the Neti pot correctly? Try this:

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/slideshow-nasal-irrigation

It really did help relieve my symptoms before I was properly treated.