PDA

View Full Version : When life gets hard? Go golfing.

RICHARD
11-13-2009, 01:13 PM
http://golf.fanhouse.com/2009/11/10/dreams-still-in-sight-for-ken-green/?icid=main|main|dl9|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fgolf.fanhou se.com%2F2009%2F11%2F10%2Fdreams-still-in-sight-for-ken-green%2F

Wow,

This is a story and a half.

I do sleep on the floor, by choice. And, I have no desire to go golfing.

I should be ashamed of myself.:o

davidpizzica
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
RICHARD, I also have NO desire to golf. After 38 years of helping to maintain one, I want no parts of one!

happylabs
11-13-2009, 02:35 PM
That was an amazing story.

RICHARD, I also have NO desire to golf. After 38 years of helping to maintain one, I want no parts of one!

David, my son worked at a golf course from the time he was 15 until this Spring when he graduated college. He was on grounds crew and a very hard worker. He has also been allergic to grass since he was about 4 years old. I don't think he has any desire to be a golfer now either. He wants a desk job. :D Honestly, I do not see the addiction to it. Oh well...to each his own.

RICHARD
11-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I am not a fan of the game either.....people say it's a game, to me?

It's a puzzle, like my crosswords! You have to figure out your move then figure out where go from there. I have been to the driving range and that's it...too many rules to follow and I am not a rule kind of guy?

I was just impressed about his desire to get out and GO!!!

Too many of us get slammed by life and stop trying.

He is a role model.:D

happylabs
11-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Oh, me too. The story was great! I don't know that I would have that kind of mental energy to keep me going.

I am not a fan of the game either.....people say it's a game, to me?

It's a puzzle, like my crosswords! You have to figure out your move then figure out where go from there. I have been to the driving range and that's it...too many rules to follow and I am not a rule kind of guy?

I was just impressed about his desire to get out and GO!!!

Too many of us get slammed by life and stop trying.

He is a role model.:D

blue
11-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about BHO spending more time golfing in 9 months, then GWB did in 3 years. Glad I was wrong and it is a story about a true hero. Thanks for posting it.