PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum kitties?

sirrahbed
11-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Does anyone else have a vacuum loving kitty??? My Lizzie goes totally nuts when I pull out the vacuum cleaner. Not fearful, but LOVING the thing!! I have a fairly noisy and very powerful Dyson and Lizzie adores it. She follows me around begging, getting in my way and sometime during my cleaning session, I have to put on the hand attachment and vacuum her!! Anyone else have this??:p:rolleyes::eek:

Wonder if I could get a short video of this....

Taz_Zoee
11-13-2009, 09:46 AM
No way!!! I've never had an animal that wasn't freaked out by the vacuum. Until we got Taggart. He likes to play with it. Sometimes I have to put him outside just so I can clean the floor!

But all the cats run and hide from the beast.

catmandu
11-13-2009, 09:52 AM
The Found Cats HATE the dust buster , and have even beaten it up and peed on it.
They ahte it with a passion and it still has marks where John Hancock and Moose the Magnfi Cat whacked it!!!:mad::mad:
Turn that OFF DAD!!:mad::mad:

aTailOf2Kitties
11-13-2009, 09:53 AM
I've seen clips on those funny video shows where the cats liked being vaccuumed. All of mine are OK with it until you get right up close to them.

lvpets2002
11-13-2009, 10:21 AM
:) Oh No No my babies Freak Out with a vacumn cleaner.. Heck my babies freak with just a door bell..

Laura's Babies
11-13-2009, 05:29 PM
I have had some that Giz liked but with the one I have now, I pull it out and they RUN!

kb2yjx
11-13-2009, 06:12 PM
When I vacuum, Tina Peepers like to " point out " where I have missed a spot. Norton was known to sleep while I vacuumed, and Ralph and Bianca are not bothered by it at all!!

Catlady711
11-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Bear (my normally scaredy cat) seems to like my vacuume cleaner. He's let me take the upholstery attatchment to him without a problem.

As for the others;
Jack hisses if he even sees the vacuume (whether it's plugged in or not),
the rest seem to wait to see if it makes noise first before running and hiding.

karyn674
11-14-2009, 12:02 AM
Lulu is terrified just when seeing it. :eek:

But Pippa, my mum's cat is not afraid at all. She even tuns tummy up so you can vacuum her, and then plays with it!:D

katladyd
11-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Mac runs as far as he can get when the vacuum starts up. Ming stays in the room, but won't get very close to it. He seems more wary than scared. He'll just sit on the couch and watch me use it.

krazyaboutkatz
11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
It's funny because my girl Ziggy Stardust will hide from almost everyone that comes over but the vacuum doesn't seem to scare her.:) She'll just sit and watch me. Pearl, Storm, and Sky will usually tolerate it until I get too close to them. Sunny hates it and will run and hide in bedroom. He's gotten better over the years because at first he'd hide under my bed for at least 30 minutes or more even after I'd stopped vacuuming.

happylabs
11-14-2009, 11:39 AM
No way for my cats either! They disappear when the vacuum comes out.

You have to get a video of this somehow. Would love to see it!

cassiesmom
11-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Cassie Cat goes under the bed when I get the vacuum cleaner out; but when the housekeeper in my building is vacuuming the hallway carpet, she will go right up to the door. I think she is curious about the noise.

Kirsten
11-15-2009, 02:05 PM
My girls hate vacuum cleaners! Lily finds them annoying, and Luna fears them terribly!! She's hiding behind the sofa every time I start cleaning, because she knows that sooner or later, I will bring out that horrible noisy monster! :D

Kirsten

DJFyrewolf36
11-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Hoodini is quick to hide, the other two just stare at it and run off if it gets too close :rolleyes:. They'd like to think they can challenge the vaccum...lol

3Catcondo
11-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Owen used to let me vacuum him. Not lately tho. It was nice to be able to get the hair off of him. :) The others run away.

Cataholic
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
The only cat that I have that isn't somewhat affected by the vacuum is Ari. She just sits her ground.

Most of the cats hate the coffee grinder, too. I remember my RB cat, Tex. I would imagine every day for 9 or so years, I would grind coffee. Think he ever got used to it? Not so much...

Monte will stay in the bathroom with me while I dry my hair...the others run.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Nooooo way!!! I have never known a cat to actual LIKE the vaccuum! Tubby & CJ couldn't care a wit about it. But Peanut and Robin were/are both terrified of it and ran and hid at the first site/sound of it. I really think you MUST get a video of Lizzie. It would just be too funny to see! :D