PDA

View Full Version : On your tombstone

Marigold2
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I have a book with funny tombstones sayings. I have just now looked for it but cannot find it.:( I do remember one was
"I knew this would happen"
So I started to think, what did I want on my tombstone.
Nothing mushy or sad or run of the mill.
Mine would have to say something about my love of animals.
Here is a rough draft, hope I don't need it for a long time.

You are standing on Monica
A fun mother.
A crazy and loyal friend.
A women who loved animals deeply
On to the next adventure

Taz_Zoee
11-12-2009, 12:19 PM
I've never really thought about this. But I like the idea of referencing my animals. I might say something along the lines of "mother of furry kids". Since I do not have skin children. And I will ALWAYS have furkids. :D

Marigold2
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Fur children, I like that.
Perhaps one could just put.

I WASN'T READY.

or

SO SOON
TOO SOON

redbird
11-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I hope I am so old that I can write: It's about time

DJFyrewolf36
11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I want mine to say:

"Hey you, yes YOU! If you mess with this memorial rest assured that you will soon be not resting assured..." lol

Genny
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Lol-I've never thought about that! I don't wanna think about it :D

Grace
11-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Nothing will be on my tombstone as I'm not being buried. I will be cremated, and my ashes scattered into Narragansett Bay.

Here was buried Thomas Jefferson,
author of the Declaration of American Independence,
of the statute of Virginia for religious freedom,
and father of the University of Virginia.
Thomas Jefferson
(Monticello, Virginia)
{self-written}

Quoth the Raven,
"Nevermore."
Edgar Allan Poe
(Westminster Presbyterian Cemetery; Baltimore, Maryland)

Here Rests in
Honored Glory
An American
Soldier
Known But to God
Unknown Soldier
(Arlington National Cemetery; Virginia)

lizbud
11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I won't have a headstone either, I chose cremation. My ashes will be
mixed with Buddy's & scattered in my favorite, local state park.

I do like to read headstones, especially the funny or "thoughtful" ones.:)

Pinot's Mom
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Nothing will be on my tombstone as I'm not being buried. I will be cremated, and my ashes scattered into Narragansett Bay.

I'm with you on that one. I won't make it back to Narragansett Bay, but I've got it specified I'm to be cremated and scattered - the park behind our house is where right at this point in my life.

Marigold2
11-13-2009, 05:11 PM
I shall be buried next to my mom. I will be between my husband and mom.
Here is another funny one.

Here lies Flo and Frank Harding
Married 47 years.
Only two of those were happy.

Or

I told you I was sick.

lizbud
11-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Heres a bunch of interesting Headstone scripts.:D I like them in the way
the people kept their humor till the end.:D

http://laney3.multiply.com/journal/item/385

Grace
11-13-2009, 08:23 PM
liz - those are great :)

Thanks for posting the link.

Twisterdog
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
My dad had a million and one funny sayings. He frequently said things like, "Tomorrow, if I don't wake up dead, I'll meet for breakfast." or "One of these days, when I wake up dead ..." He never swore, at all, the harshest thing out of his mouth was "Dad Burn It!"

After he passed away, my mom, sister and I were at the funeral home, picking out his head stone. The manager asked if we wanted anything written on the head stone. I said, "How about, "Dad Burn It! I TOLD ya'll I was gonna wake up dead one of these days!" We all just burst out laughing. And I'm positive my dad was right there with us, cracking up, too.

No head stone for me, either.

sparks19
11-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I too wish to be cremated and perhaps have half my ashes buried with a baby tree just as we had done with Teddy's ashes. and the other half kept for the keepers will... either they spread me where they think I would love or keep me to be spread with many of my loves after all their passings. it's up to them

but if I were to have a headstone...
it would either say "always an adventure" or "the destination of a body is not to arrive safely and beautiful in it's tomb but only to slide in sideways a mess saying 'what a heck of a ride"'

while it may be a long shot of a dream I don't WANT anyone to mourn my deaht but to to CELEBRATE my life. I want my wake to be up beat country music, beer and a big bonfire in the country and a bunch of people talking about their best memories with me.

I know this might not be realistic having lost people in my life. it's hard ... very hard to move past the sadness... but I want my life to represent what it was... happiness... a party. GOOD TIMES. for my soul is not dead it has just moved on to a greater place and I will see you there eventually and will great you with the same

joycenalex
11-14-2009, 10:58 AM
i'm planning on being cremated, i've asked eileen to mix my ashes with dukes' and alexs', then sprinkle all of us from a boat off the shore of my favorite lake michigan beach. i had a paving stone made for alex the wonder dog and it will be set at the park of roses. i'd like one for me as well, next to his, just my name, and the statement on it, she made a difference for humans and dogs. anyone want an obituary in their local paper?