PDA

View Full Version : Pet Portraits

wolf_Q
10-09-2002, 03:03 AM
Ha well...since my pet portraits have been a topic of conversation in this forum already lol...........I think I'll take up some space in this new forum area! Why not! :D Yay new forum! :)

My website address: http://www.geocities.com/wolf_Q

Needs to be updated really bad, especially the email thing...I'll do that eventually....

If you are considering ordering a portrait as a Christmas present, please order it soon. I'm getting really filled up, so it's good to "reserve" your place in line early. :)

p.s. nobody has signed my guestbook in quite a while, and it's feeling very lonely

wolf_Q
10-09-2002, 03:09 AM
Huh...what do you know...I have had some recent guestbook signings......I guess I didn't get the notification b/c of the email...thought i changed that....

I might do a total website update sometime soon, so I'll let you know. I don't even have all of my recent drawings in there...d'oh...lol

moosmom
10-09-2002, 07:26 AM
Amy,

Your artwork is beautiful! I was thinking of having one of MooShoo or Mollie Rose done for my daughter. Do you paint them from photographs? If you could PM me with your prices I'd appreciate it.

Great work!

turner
10-09-2002, 08:59 AM
Amy,

Just wondering how much you would charge to draw a pic of Deisel and Phoebe and ship to Canada! Your drawings are very beautiful!

wolf_Q
10-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Thanks!! :) Here is my pricelist. Although I must note I have other sizes available.....smaller and larger......I just haven't added them on yet.

*Realistic*
9x12 pencil/pen and ink ($45) colored pencil ($50) watercolor ($55) acrylic ($100)
11x14 pencil/pen and ink ($55) colored pencil ($60) watercolor ($65) acrylic ($125)

*Cartoon*
9x12 colored pencil ($35)
11x14 colored pencil ($45)

$10 extra for every extra pet in watercolor/colored pencil. $20 extra for every
extra pet in acrylic.

Plus shipping, $2 regular, $5 acrylic

Turner, it would be $5 to ship a regular portrait to Canada instead of $2....I'll have to see how much it would be for an acrylic. That $5 applies to shipping *anywhere* outside of the U.S. :)

Moosmom, yes I paint from photographs. You can mail or email them...although I prefer mailed (they are returned).

Any more questions---just ask!~~Amy :)

moosmom
10-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Amy,

Thanks for the information! I am definitely interested in a picture of my cat Mollie Rose and MooShoo. I'll try and get a picture of them, although I only have a digital camera now (my Canon Sureshot Zoom was stolen from the newspaper in CT before I left :mad: )

FloppsyLadySally54
10-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Aww, I thought it would cost money. :( Sigh, get back to me when I have more than 45$ in total and own a credit card. They are so good though! :( I wish we didn't need money to survive. I won't need money when I get older, as long as I have my pets and some kind of roof over my head. :)

wolf_Q
10-10-2002, 12:45 AM
Aww, I thought it would cost money. Sigh, get back to me when I have more than 45$ in total and own a credit card.

Of course it costs money silly! lol. These portraits involve hours and hours for me.......I'm not going to do it for free. Actually, I'm very cheap. Just compare some other pet portrait artists out there...most of them *start* at around $300. If I was being paid hourly for them, I'd make a lot more money then I do! lol.

I won't need money when I get older, as long as I have my pets and some kind of roof over my head.

Actually...you'll need *more* money when you are older....that roof will no longer be provided by your parents.....and pet food isn't free either. ;)

Thanks for the information! I am definitely interested in a picture of my cat Mollie Rose and MooShoo. I'll try and get a picture of them, although I only have a digital camera now (my Canon Sureshot Zoom was stolen from the newspaper in CT before I left )

I'm sorry to hear that your camera was stolen! :eek: I'd die if somebody stole either one of my cameras...I'm addicted to them! They really aren't worth much though. Hey, digital pics are fine. As long as they are pretty high quality. I work from just scanned pics all the time. I just like mailed ones, because it saves my poor printer on expensive ink lol.

Oh, and I'm not offering a bunch of different sizes, along with colored paper. I haven't updated this on my website now, so I will let you know when I do.

shais_mom
10-10-2002, 01:21 AM
I agree Amy you do beautiful work!!!!
This is a really neat forum for those of You that Have businesses. :D

UMMMMM,
FloppsyladySallyetc,
You Will need money!! I agree with Amy, it don't come cheap!!!! Stay with your parents as long as you can!!! I wish I would have and I have been out for 4 years!!!

Cookiebaker
10-10-2002, 01:33 AM
Amy, I would *LOVE* to have you do a couple of portraits for us. However, it's not a Christmas present, and I think I will wait until after the holiday rush is over. Do you do something like a matched set (2 different dogs but in similar poses)?

popcornbird
10-10-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally54
Aww, I thought it would cost money. :( Sigh, get back to me when I have more than 45$ in total and own a credit card. They are so good though! :( I wish we didn't need money to survive. I won't need money when I get older, as long as I have my pets and some kind of roof over my head. :)

LOL! I couldn't stop laughing after reading your post! You will need tens of thousands of dollars when you are older! Without money, you won't be able to get a roof on your head or take care of your pets or even yourself! Mom and Dad do it all for you now so you don't realize yet (like I do :rolleyes: ) but you're going to need FAR more than $45 dollars when you are older! And of course Amy charges for doing the portraits! It takes her hours to do the job and she needs the money for Nebo's vet appoinments! :p Right Amy? Hehe! Just kidding. I don't need to work yet, but if I did, I would probably draw/paint beautiful sceneries and sell them. I'm an art freak too! :D Right now, my parents pay for the birds' vet bills, but then again, they don't even go 1/8th as much as Nebo!

wolf_Q
10-10-2002, 02:09 AM
I agree Amy you do beautiful work!!!!

Thanks shais_mom! :)

Amy, I would *LOVE* to have you do a couple of portraits for us. However, it's not a Christmas present, and I think I will wait until after the holiday rush is over. Do you do something like a matched set (2 different dogs but in similar poses)?

If I get what you are saying, then I do, lol. Like 2 different pictures of 2 different dogs that "match" because the dogs are sitting/looking the same way? That would be really cute!!

It takes her hours to do the job and she needs the money for Nebo's vet appoinments! Right Amy? Hehe! Just kidding. I don't need to work yet, but if I did, I would probably draw/paint beautiful sceneries and sell them. I'm an art freak too! Right now, my parents pay for the birds' vet bills, but then again, they don't even go 1/8th as much as Nebo!

Lol, YES! I really do need money for Nebo. As I have to pay for everything.......vet, food, and being spoiled of course. ;) And Nebo sure seems to like to be at the vet ALL the time! lol. Be glad your birds don't visit there often, it gets really expensive, really fast! Do you have any of your drawings? I'd love to see some from a fellow "art freak!" hehe.

turner
10-10-2002, 08:50 AM
Amy,

Wow, I thought your prices would be alot higher.....great now I have to pick a picture of them. I just went through my hope chest and oh my...I didn't think I had that many pics!!! Ok its going to take me a bit to figure out which one I want!

Thanks Amy!

sammi
10-10-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally54
and own a credit card

LOL Who is going to pay the credit card company? Floppsy you said you got very good grades in school - so I don't think your foolish enough to think you'll live for free!!! I do think you like to get a reaction out of us adults from time to time!;)

popcornbird
10-10-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

Lol, YES! I really do need money for Nebo. As I have to pay for everything.......vet, food, and being spoiled of course. ;) And Nebo sure seems to like to be at the vet ALL the time! lol. Be glad your birds don't visit there often, it gets really expensive, really fast! Do you have any of your drawings? I'd love to see some from a fellow "art freak!" hehe.

Yes, I have TONS of drawings from the time I was like 6 all the way until the ones I've drawn recently. They are all in a huge binder.................I hope to show them to my kids one day. :D Hehe. I also have a binder full of all the poems I have written throughout the years. Unfortunately, my teacher always asked me to show her all my drawings and whenever I would, she would take it and put it up in the classroom...............so I don't really have the best ones right now, but I do have pretty good ones. Like there's one picture I drew of a house while looking at a new homes magazine. That picture looks SOOOOO real! I didn't dare show it to my teacher! LOL! I took an art course as an elective in 9th grade and I wanted to take another in 10th grade, but the class was full. :( It was so much fun. I would post the pictures I've drawn for you to see but my scanner happens to be broken right now so there's no way I can post them. If I can fix it soon, I will hopefully. My maternal grandfather was actually a real artist/painter. He used to draw/paint and sell his work and he also did art work on glass. My aunts and uncles in Pakistan have all of them but I told my mom, next time we visit them, I'm going to make my cousin give me one of his glass work! (Don't think she'll like the idea though). LOL! Just kidding, I'm sure if she refuses to give me it, my aunt definitely will! My mom says I've got my grandfather's "art" genes. :rolleyes: Oh well. LOL! I love your art work btw. Its really wonderful. Maybe you can draw stuff on huge poster boards, frame them, and sell them to stores where they sell paintings. I think that's a good way of making even more money for Nebo! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Amy, you sure are talented. I'm also interested in getting a pet portrait done of all 3 of my cats. It's not a Christmas gift so I'll wait until some time early next year when you aren't as busy. I've also bookmarked your site for future reference. :)

FloppsyLadySally54
10-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Floppsy you said you got very good grades in school - so I don't think your foolish enough to think you'll live for free!!! LOL! I couldn't stop laughing after reading your post! You will need tens of thousands of dollars when you are older! Without money, you won't be able to get a roof on your head or take care of your pets or even yourself! Mom and Dad do it all for you now so you don't realize yet (like I do ) but you're going to need FAR more than $45 dollars when you are older! And of course Amy charges for doing the portraits! It takes her hours to do the job and she needs the money for Nebo's vet appoinments!FloppsyladySallyetc,
You Will need money!! I agree with Amy, it don't come cheap!!!! Stay with your parents as long as you can!!! I wish I would have and I have been out for 4 years!!!

Thank you, I am aware of that.

AdoreMyDogs
10-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Amy you are incredibly talented. You work is amazing. Our budget is low now because we did a bunch of updating to our house, but at some point I will buy one (or more) or your portraits.

wolf_Q
10-14-2002, 02:16 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

Popcornbird, I hope to be able to see your drawings soon! They sound magnificent! Unfortunately I can't say I have any "real" artists in my background. Although both my mom and dad used to draw a lot (don't any more) and my grandmother (dad's side) and grandfather (mom's side) were very good at drawing...from the few drawings I have seen.

Turner, I know it is hard to choose a pic! I have HUNDREDS of my dogs, lol. I can use several pics to make one too.

Krazyaboutkatz, ok just let me know! After christmas I'm usually not busy. It comes and goes.

AdoremyDogs, I'd love to whenever you are ready! Graham, Kersey, and Minion are soooooo cute!! :)

popcornbird
10-14-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Thanks everyone! :D

Popcornbird, I hope to be able to see your drawings soon! They sound magnificent! Unfortunately I can't say I have any "real" artists in my background. Although both my mom and dad used to draw a lot (don't any more) and my grandmother (dad's side) and grandfather (mom's side) were very good at drawing...from the few drawings I have seen.

I think you must have turned out to be the REAL artist in your family! Seriously, your drawings are great! Do you draw anything besides animals? I enjoy drawing sceneries, houses, flowers, etc.

NoahsMommy
10-14-2002, 03:51 PM
Wow! They are beautiful!! I too will keep you in mind after Christmas. I would love a watercolor of all three cats.

I have a question though...if I like one picture with Noah and Noel in it, and a separate one with Basil in it, can you join them together into one painting?

wolf_Q
10-14-2002, 08:52 PM
Aww thanks Popcornbird, that was so sweet! :) Yes I do draw other things besides animals...when forced. lol. HERE (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/wolf_q/lst?.dir=/Animal+Artwork/Other+Art&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/) is a link for the folder I call "other art." Actually, I have some better stuff then that. But I haven't scanned anything in a loooong time. I usually forget to add stuff that isn't "pet portraits" either. I'll have to look and see what I have, I actually did a lot of non-animal art in AP art last year.

NoahsMommy, yes I can do that. I do that all the time.....most of the drawings I have of multiple animals are a combination of several pics. :)

FloppsyLadySally54
10-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Amy you are my new role model lol. One of my dreams is to become an artist (as a hobby, not an occupation) and I probably could only do half as good as you. Of course my parents would never let me get a portrait for $45, simply because they do not understand pets like us. They consider them as, well, pets, not friends or parters or whatever. They never let me get anything or do anything to the pets that costs money, except getting them groomed (which is a must with Lady's coat!!). and vet appointments. Sad, really, my pets will be treated like royalty when I grow up. Ha, such a looooooong time away.....

kingrattus
10-25-2002, 09:57 PM
I've thought of selling some of my drawings & paintings, but I couldn't do it, I just ended up giving them away for free, but I have been asking for donations to pay for the pencils/paint & paper. But my art was only wanted when I was young, now that I'm older no one cares about it.

one of my last drawings for someone was of a bull moose walking in water, the guy said he would pay me $10.00 if I drew it for him, so I did & when I finished he said he never asked me to draw anything & said he would never pay for a drawing. I never took money after that.

kingrattus
10-25-2002, 10:05 PM
http://www.iahu.ca/jess/images/faces.jpg
http://www.iahu.ca/jess/images/bones.jpg
http://www.iahu.ca/jess/images/owl%20painting_small.jpg

This took me 9hr to do on the comp, I did it on mspaint
http://www.iahu.ca/jess/images/Red%20Dragon%20Pic%20ruff.jpg

All of these are some of my not so good drawings/paintings, I just don't have the good ones on the comp yet. My best & first painting was stolen at an art contest. Boy do I ever miss it, it took my 10 hrs to paint it, it was in black & white, it was great. But I did win 1st place for it, I have the ribbon.

CathyBogart
10-29-2002, 11:14 AM
You are a wonderful artist! I already have three pictures in mind for when the holiday rush is over...

wolf_Q
10-30-2002, 01:41 AM
Thanks FloppsyLadySally54! :) Well, I hope that your dream comes true! I would start now by taking lots of art classes, and practicing as much as you can! :)

kingrattus, those are some awesome drawings! I really like the bones one. That dragon is sweet too! I'm sorry to hear that your favorite painting was stolen! I know when you spend so much time on a painting, you become very attached to it.....I have some that I spent so much time frustrated and messing with, I think I am too attached to them to ever get rid of them, lol. I have a large wolf oil painting that I did for my senior project. I hated that drawing basically the entire time I was painting it, but now it's grown on me and I could never give it up! What was the painting that was stolen of?

Thanks WolfChan! Anyone is welcome to order a portrait right now and reserve your place in line, I just can't guarantee when I will be able to start on it, lol.

~~Amy :)