PDA

View Full Version : Urine some big trouble cat herd!

Cataholic
11-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Only now, in retrospect, is this comical. It only became comical after 1 month time, an online purchase of OdorXit and Feliway, and THREE cats to the whitecoat (two of them with full panels done- ouch.).

I forget some of the exact dates..but, we got a little strippy from my sister and his name is Tuck. He came to live with us end of August- if memory serves me right. About 2 weeks later, we adopted Cali- an absolute pistol of a black cat. She equals 5 of my other cats in efforts of care.

I observed Cali pee on a plastic bag as she was FRANTICALLY awaiting food. I thought she just got too excited and pee'd...kind of like a little puppy would do. No big deal. A week or so later, or maybe more, I found pee in my newly built built-ins in the living room. No way anyone but a kitten could get in there to do that. No big deal, it had such a minimal smell (like kittens do), and I cleaned it all up.

On 9/18 I witnessed Dakky spraying at the fire place. I fell over. I then cleaned it up. Daks had PU surgery two years ago, and I am on high alert for urinary tract issues. I took him to the vet, full panel, antibiotics, etc. Daks is harder than a wild boar to medicate- but I did it with minimal blood loss to all.

About 20 days ago- I heard Minnie under the bed covering up something. Not a good sign- there is NO litter box under the bed. There was a deposit and a pee spot. It hardly smelled like pee. (yes, I often smell wet areas in my house). I cleaned it up. The next day, Minnie was in the vet office, full panel, antibiotics, etc. I get her home, and give her one dose of the antibiotic, and she scoots under the bed.

I go into the living room and talk to my mom. She had stayed with J while I went to the vet. We are sitting there talking and I notice the "hey I smell something" stance from one of my cats. I can't remember which. I go over to the area of the odd behavior and lo and behold...I find cat pee in the fireplace, next to the basket of toys that I have in there (non working).

Like a lightbulb- I knew what was going on. One of my kittens was pee'ing. Not Daks, not Minnie. Why? Cause Daks couldn't get into the fireplace, next to the basket to pee without a crow bar. AND, when I think back to where I saw him pee, it was nearly the same spot that I found THIS new pee...all with that same light, barely pee smell of a kitten. Minnie would never come out of the room to pee in the living room...and, while she does poop under the bed sometimes- that wasn't what she was covering up last month. It was the kitten PEE that she was now nervously covering up.

How do I know? Cause Minnie has never pee'd under the bed, never covers up her poop (which is like ten year old tootsie rolls).

So, I take the kitten in that same night..and she took the rest of the antibiotics. The vet was like, "well, if you think that, then okay....".

I just know that was what was going on, and I had to examine all the clues after the fact to figure it out.

Don't have more than one cat. Too hard to figure out the pee issues. :)

Karen
11-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Don't have more than one cat. Too hard to figure out the pee issues. :)

Oh my! Just had to comment on your last sentence - Dad was an only child, so raising the four of us was sometimes frustrating for him.

"But Dad, I didn't do it! I think Fred did it, it wasn't me!"

"By now, I don't care who actually did it, you're all in trouble. WHen I was a kid, I couldn't say 'but mom, the bulldog climbed up onto the counter, opened the cookie jar and ate those cookies' because there was only me."

"But Dad, I really didn't do it!"

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Freedom
11-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh goodness, Johanna! Glad that is all behind you. Good job figuring it all out.

Cinder & Smoke
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Only now, in retrospect, is this comical.

Like a lightbulb- I knew what was going on.

... I had to examine all the clues after the fact to figure it out.

Remynds me of when SmokeMuttz was the freshly found New-Kid-on-the-Block -
FULLY house-trained (I thought).

I walked into the bunkroom and detected a WET sock on my left footpaw. :eek:

Boots, da KAT, exited the room ... a possible suspect. He acted GUILTY.
>sniff< - >sniff< ...
YUP - KAT PEE ... Arrest dat Kat!
KAT was convicted & sentenced before being caught! Dragged to the scene of the crime;
hollered at; butt-smacked; and thrown into solitary (bathroom) jail.

During the blotting & mop-up ... Uhhhhhhh-Ooooooh ...
Whas's this DAMP SPOT on the WALL --- a LOT higher than da KAT can *pee*???
And prolly a lot higher than a female dawg can pee ... we're down to HIM or ME!

SMOKEMUTT!!!!!!! ~ Come HERE!

Da Kat was immediately parolled - Smokey went into basement solitary
for the rest of the evening.
KAT pouted for three days ... avoided me for a week. :(

Memo: Be SURE before you Convict & Punish!!
:o

catmandu
11-12-2009, 03:18 PM
My Princess starting peeing on the bed , so I had to put a litter box on the bed. And Today Michael had an accident by the litter box , so I willhave to be carefuul with My Senior Cats.:(:(
In Mr Purrr's defense his vison is going as is his mobility.:eek::eek:

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I've been in your situation before and it's always very difficult when you have a multi-cat household. I'm glad that you were able to figure out which cat was the pee cat.:) Another thing that I have a hard time with sometimes is figuring out which cat was the barfer unless they do it right in front of me.;)

Medusa
11-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Sometimes we have to be detectives, don't we? Sneaky little felines, ya gotta love 'em. :p

Nomilynn
11-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Oh my, you should write a book! That was very funny :)

I'm SO glad that Tilly and Nutmeg don't pee outsite the box - especially considering how often Bassett did it. You would think that she had taught them bad habits!

catnapper
11-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't have more than one cat. Too hard to figure out the pee issues.
Sure, NOW you tell me, when I've got eight of 'em! :D

Let me ask this..... who DOESN'T sniff mysterious wet spots? :eek: You need to know how to clean it up. A house with kids/husbands also means a house with mysterious spots laying around. Hubby was cursing one day, until I sniffed it and smelled Sprite. :D Of course, it STILL was cat related because Mikey knocked the Sprite over.

Yesterday, I went to change Cam from jammies into clothes. We were in his room looking for clothes, when I aksed him to stand up and take his jammies off so he could change. I noticed a HUGE wet spot on his bottom and yelled at him for not telling us he had to pee. He said, "I didn't pee!" as I tossed him in the shower. I toweled him off and went back to his room to continue my search for what he would wear. I stepped on a pee spot. OK, so the boy SAT in pee. Oops, he still needed the shower then. Then in retrospect, a boy wouldn't have a wet bottom -- it would be a wet front. Oops again! :o

Catlady711
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Yup, I totally know the feeling. With 7 cats in the house and having had an ongoing pee issue myself (which resulted in a multitude of urinalysis, food change, litter box and litter change, and one cat now living in a room by herself) I can totally sympathize.

And I think we ALL sniff those mysterious wet spots. lol;)