PDA

View Full Version : What it's like when cats like their medicine *video*

Catlady711
11-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I was in another thread talking about cats taking their medicine. I didn't want to hijack the thread so I made this one instead.

Sassy had a UTI back in September and had to take antibiotics for it. She LOVES :love: Amoxidrops, so getting her to take her meds is a breeze. I wish all the cats were so easy:rolleyes:

If I did it right, here's a video of her taking her Amoxi during feeding time.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/MVI_2019.flv">

Sorry the cats look kinda raggity right now. They all need a bath but the last couple times I've given baths I've had horrible athsma attacks, so I've been putting it off.

kitten645
11-12-2009, 12:11 AM
They don't look ragity to me! They look like purfect papered pets!!!!

Catlady711
11-12-2009, 12:25 AM
They don't look ragity to me! They look like purfect papered pets!!!!

Aww, thank you.

They look raggity to me. When the long haired cats have that 'separated fur' effect (noticable on Josh's neck) they are due for a bath.

smokey the elder
11-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Wow! It's not too often you see cats nomming down their meds, unless they're compounded with tuna flavor or something!

Laura's Babies
11-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Wow, she was lappin it right up. I don't have any problem getting mine to take their meds either but it was trial and error figuring out how to do it. They all but beg for it every night... I get theirs in them by using can food as a treat and I put it in their "treat". Giz is so use to the taste of her heart meds that sometimes she won't eat her "treat" if it isn't in it.

happylabs
11-12-2009, 08:04 AM
That is adorable! I cannot believe she actually likes the meds. I have given that to several of my cats and it is always a struggle. One smell and they are off and hiding.

happylabs
11-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I just noticed...are they all eating out of the same bowl? That is cool. Mine would kill each other. I think you definitely have a special touch with your kitties. :)

GILL
11-12-2009, 08:25 AM
You are so so lucky. With us it is always a problem. I usually ware as much as they get.

catmandu
11-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Well My Senior Kittyzens are all on Meds now.:):):)
I could only pray that they will tolerate thier Meds, let alone actually love them as much as thier Whiskas Temptations.:love::love:
If I may ask what Meds are those, that theyu really like them???
:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
11-12-2009, 09:41 AM
That is amazing!! I've always had to fight to get meds in my cats. Then again, I've never tried to just let them lick it like that. I've always been forceful thinking they wouldn't like it. I guess next time I'll try this approach first. :)

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Mine have never liked any kind of liquid medicine. Both Storm and Sky love pill pockets so if they have pills to take I put them in these and they think that they're getting a treat. I think that you have gorgeous cats.:)

Catlady711
11-13-2009, 09:40 PM
I just noticed...are they all eating out of the same bowl? That is cool. Mine would kill each other.

Actually it's a cake pan. I couldn't find a flat bottomed pet bowl big enough for all their heads. So I went to a cake pan which works great. I just replace it if I see any teflon flaking. Only the 3 'foster failiures' eat together like this. The rest have separate bowls of their own. Although Pooky sometimes will eat with these 3.

If I may ask what Meds are those, that theyu really like them???
:love::love::love:

That is Amoxidrops that Sassy is lapping up. And no, it's not flavored with anything. She's the only one I don't have to fight to get antibiotics down. The rest I do better with pilling them, but it's not a walk in the park like Sassy is. lol