PDA

View Full Version : How long do supplies last?

catnapper
11-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Just wondering.....

FOOD: We go through a 20 pound bag in about 3 weeks. Thankfully, we've weaned them off of wet food --- I'd go broke! :eek:

LITTER: (3) 40 pound jugs a month

TOYS: We just let our guys entertain themselves. Trixie's new fave is the good ol' Q-Tip. :rolleyes:

TREATS: Depends on if Cameron is dishing them out. One bag in ten seconds flat if he is involved. :D

BEDDING: Ummmm.... my bed is theirs. Unless you count me needing a new comforter thanks to Mikey. :o

RICHARD
11-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Just wondering.....

FOOD: We go through a 20 pound bag in about 3 weeks. Thankfully, we've weaned them off of wet food --- I'd go broke! :eek:

LITTER: (3) 40 pound jugs a month

TOYS: We just let our guys entertain themselves. Trixie's new fave is the good ol' Q-Tip. :rolleyes:

TREATS: Depends on if Cameron is dishing them out. One bag in ten seconds flat if he is involved. :D

BEDDING: Ummmm.... my bed is theirs. Unless you count me needing a new comforter thanks to Mikey. :o

LOL,

I bought a flat of cat food 24 cans and it's on its last legs.

I began to mix cheap wet food w/kibble....that has extended the wet food. A hand full of kibble mixed with a can of wet. Twice a day!

They are gettting spoiled w/the wet.......:o;) If I walk out they expect to be fed and a handful of dry is met with an upturned nose!

I do buy Ed bags of Meow Mix, the outdoor kitties get a handful tossed their way every so often! A bag of MM lasts about two months?

I have bought three bags of litter in the last year. I buy the wood pellets which last much longer, the only problem is Ed pushes the pellets out on the tile floor and they hurt when you step on them.

The outdoor cats crap where ever they want..mostly in my garden!:D
I am his toy.:D

Treats? A bag a week? Ed gets a mix- I put out fresh food into his treat bowl and mix in kibble. He has not found out yet.

Bedding?

LOL, where ever he falls down to nap!

Freedom
11-11-2009, 08:34 PM
FOOD: I buy 3 18 pound bags of kibble once per month.

LITTER: not sure. I just buy 6 every time it is on sale at Target. They sit in the garage and get used as needed. I have 9 out there just now, picked up 6 yesterday.

TREATS: I forget to use them. :rolleyes:

TOYS: cats use dog stuff, dogs use cat stuff, we go through toys like crazy since March when Tasha arrived -- she LOVES to tear into them. Bobby now has a stash in the cellar, lol. He keeps rescuing them from her. One day I am going to hvae to clean off the top bricks all along the foundation!

Moesha
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I can't find 18 pound bags of food anymore. The largest I can find are 16 pound bags. One of those lasts me about a week. I get my 40 pounds of Fresh Step litter at Sam's Club for around $15. One of them lasts me quite awhile now. I am still tempted to buy one every time I am near Sam's Club. No one uses the cat beds anymore. I have at least 5 that sit empty all over the house. Aroara used to use one, now she sleeps in a paper bag. Schroeder has never used any of the beds. I forget to give them treats. When I do use them, I only give out a few at a time. I have at least 10 containers of treats in the cabinet. I had to go buy new ones to find what kind it was that Schroeder would eat. I would shake treats. He would come running but wouldn't eat any until I got the Whiskar Lickins moist chicken and cheddar ones. Everyone else goes crazy for Temptations.

katladyd
11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Hmmmm....let's see.
Food: A five pound bag of Purina One twice a month. About 60 cans of Fancy Feast Elegant Medleys (mostly) once a month.
Litter: 2 -16 pound jugs per month.
Treats: One large pouch of Temptations twice a month.
Toys: Assorted bags, boxes (free), Q-Tips, bottle caps, toy mice. track with ball in it, and of course, the other cat. As needed.
Bedding: They each have a bed that they actually use, some of the time. When they are not in their bed, they can be found on the floor, the couch, my bed, or on top of the refrigerator (Mac).

smokey the elder
11-12-2009, 07:18 AM
That's classified.:D

catmandu
11-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Well at the Found Cat Hotel
A 40 Pound Bag of the Truly Clumping litter last about a week
The 20 pound bag of the Feline Fresh about the same, and its biodegradable.:)
They go through I would say about 21 Big Cans of Whiskas or Sophisticat Canned Food a week , Pates for My Senior Kittyzens.
Plus a share in My Meals on Wheels from Janice whos a whiz also at making left over casseroles that are delicious.:love:
A conservative guess is about 1o pounds of Dry Food a Month, Iams, Science Diet or Purina Heathful Life as the kibbles a nice small size for again My Senior Kittyzens.:love: :love::love::love:
And of course a share of the Meat Ends , I get some nice Deli that way for a reasonable price. I bought some nice Chicken Chunks last night for them and they loved it.:D
And about 10 punds od Dry with Canned on top for My Porch Cats , they are always hungry, God Bless Them :love:

happylabs
11-12-2009, 07:51 AM
I am not sure but I know whenever I go grocery shopping there is more items in the cart for the cats than there is for me! The clerks look at me and I know they are thinking...crazy cat lady. :D

GILL
11-12-2009, 08:40 AM
We do almost the same as Richard. 50/50 mix wet dry for breakfast. Dry out all day.
-1 week, works out to 28 cans, about 20 lb dry, 40-50 lb litter.
-The cat couch and all 9 beds always have someone in them.
-The 2 trees are always inhabited.
-The rest are on our, sorry thier big bed.
-Toys on average there are 30-50 around the house. This ranges from balls, squiggles, mike rings, folded ciggeret packs (yes I have 2 that love the empty packs and will play fetch with them) and what ever is not nailed down.
-Treats 2-3 pouches a week.
-Batteries, under cover mouse and pointer 1-2 sets aweek.
-Filters for the fountains 4-6 a week.

Pinot's Mom
11-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I only have one kitty, so I'm not sure my input will be worth anything, but...

FOOD: Pinot only gets a little over 1/2c daily of Science Diet indoor dry. 1/4 in the morning in water, and 1/4 in the evening with a forkful of Science Diet canned in evening meal only (small cans, each can lasts 4 meals), mixed in water. So, she goes through about two small cans a week; the dry lasts a long time.

TREATS: She only gets, at most, 5-6 treats a day. They also last a long time. She only eats the Whisker Lickins crunchy tartar control.

TOYS: We have had Pinot for just over a year and a half; the toy graveyard is-one fishy (resewn several times, finally had to go), countless busy balls, lots of lost hair ties. She has MANY toys.

LITTER: We were buying the 30lb bags (Tidy Cat regular non-clumping), but found WalMart has the small bags at the same price. They're a few pounds each, and one bag is one litter change-a lot more convenient! Her box is changed out completely every 4 days.

Lizzie
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Royal Canin Indoor Adult, 15# bags, 3 per month (~$125)
Friskies canned, 8 cans per day (~$110)
Royal Canin SO, 5# bag lasts about 2 months & is for Taranis only (~$15)
Can't afford treats for obvious reason.
Litter is wood stove pellets at about $6 per bag, use 1 per week.
Newspaper for the disabled cats I get free from the library when they are discarded.

Since I have 8 foster cats, I often get the pellet litter from the shelter which saves me a bit, and if I'm really hurting some months I'll get a bag of Hills dry from them to mix in with the Royal Canin.

I haven't bought toys for at least a year because I can't afford them but the old ones are fine and they love things like crumpled paper balls, avocado stones, grocery paper bags, pens, large hair clips, and each other.

I get part of a sofa bed and they get most of the bed, two sofas, one love seat, one day bed, a number of soft armchairs and padded side chairs, floor cushions, a couple of low chests padded with comforters, two desks, two tables, and the lower shelves of several bookcases and shelf units. And now that I write this I'm wondering how much of my home is mine!

krazyaboutkatz
11-15-2009, 06:16 PM
A 15.4lb bag of Innova Evo lasts almost 1 month. They only get 1/2 cup or a little less of dry food a day. Pearl doesn't eat much. She'd rather play than eat. Sunny gets less dry because he wants the canned. When I buy the dry, I buy at least 2 bags at a time.

A 5.5oz can of Innova Evo lasts about 2-2 1/2 days. Storm gets most of it and I mix his with water. Sunny gets his mixed with dry food and water.The others get a small amount every night. It's very rich so a little goes a long way. I buy it by the case so this lasts me quite a while.

I buy the 40lb bags of Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Litter and I have 6 litter boxes. I don't always throw out all of the old litter each time and they don't always use all 6 litter boxes. One 40lb bag probably lasts me 3-4 weeks or so.

I don't buy treats any more. I do use pill pockets which I cut up into 1/4's to use for pills that Storm and Sky take every day.

They have so many toys that there's no way that they can play with them all. Pearl loves straws and Ziggy and Sky love pipecleaner spiders. I haven't bought any toys for a long time.

They have so many beds, boxes, cat trees, and cat condos that they can always find a good place to sleep.

slick
11-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Hmmmmm:

FOOD:
1 x 2.3 kg bag Medi Cal Reduced Protein lasts about 3 months - that is free feed dry
In addition to that Max eats 1 small tin of Fancy Feast per evening

LITTER:
Ha! 1 x 14 lb bag Feline Fresh clumping will last about 8 months.....

(Don't forget, I only have one kitty who only pees about 3 times a day and poops once) I have two litter boxes

TREATS:
one bag will last about a month

TOYS:
He doesn't do toys any more...... they were all shipped to Winnie and Angel

Yes, my furbaby lives pretty cheaply:)

mruffruff
11-16-2009, 09:12 AM
12 inside cats and 6 to 8 outside cats= monthy purchase of:

3 28 lb boxes of Arm & Hammer Multi-cat litter
65 cans of wet food every month
9 envelopes of 'special' wet food
12 packages of Whisker Lickin's
1 3lb bag of Fancy Feast for treats
1 16 lb bag of Nine lives
1 16 lb bag of Precise dry

Toys: many small mice that I've had for ages
A string tied around a knee high
a couple of balls with bells in them (only used after bedtime)
Several small stuffed animals
a brush arch
3 circular toys with a ball in the track
Wobble toy with a feather on top
battery operated laser toy that sits on the floor and sends a light to various places

Dry Precise is in free feeders in the house all the time. The inside cats get wet food once a week, Fancy Feast as treats at bedtime and Whisker Lickin's in the morning.

2 cans of wet food are mixed with Nine Lives every night for the outside cats. They also are free fed dry food. Sometime the possums or raccons get fed.:eek:

One envelope feeds two special cats for two days, with water added. More like a treat for being good indoor-outdoor boys.:rolleyes:

Beds? Chairs, sofas, cat trees, end tables, kitty condos, shelves, cat beds, dining room chairs, desks, window perches, or any flat surface. Always better if it has a soft throw on it. Even the outside cats have wooden boxes with blankets.

They used to congregate on my bed, sometimes as many as 5 at a time. Unfortunately, someone kept peeing on the furniture so now only the two sleep with me and the door is closed the rest of the time.

I need to get a life;)