PDA

View Full Version : Who else loves this time of year?

caseysmom
11-11-2009, 06:45 PM
It is so beautiful in california this time of the year. The leaves are turning, there is a chill in the air.

I have pumpkin bread baking, just bought a pumpkin spice candle and have already done quite a bit of chrismas shopping.

Its such a warm and homey time of year and I love coming home from work at 5 and its already dark and I can put my jammies on:D

Genny
11-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I like Fall too. It's really pretty when the leaves start falling. Some of our neighbors rake their leaves, but I think it looks pretty and natural just to leave them in the yard when they fall. I love the colors!!

Casper
11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
The pretty leaves didn't stick around long here... too much rain. :-(

But I do love this time of year! The smell of heaters being turned on is my favorite. :)

Karen
11-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I like Fall too. It's really pretty when the leaves start falling. Some of our neighbors rake their leaves, but I think it looks pretty and natural just to leave them in the yard when they fall. I love the colors!!

Gosh if we didn't rake, not only would the leaves be shin-deep by this time, but the grass underneath would die, and slugs would come to live in them and they are one of the two creatures I do NOT like. Nope, nope, nope. And if we don't rake at least once a week, leaves get tracked into the house, and the vacuum cleaner does NOT like oak leaves, trust me!

I do love this time of year, love it lots and lots!

Two weeks ago I was raking maple leaves, yesterday it was oak leaves, and there are more yet to fall!

sparks19
11-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I too love this time of year. I LOVE fall and look forward to snow in winter. I love all the colors of the leaves especially living in an area surrounded by mountains. it's absolutely stunning.

I love the chill in the air, all of those seasonal scents, definitely my favorite

caseysmom
11-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm a few hours from snow but its nice to not be so hot for a change.

Alysser
11-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I cannot wait till the holidays truely begin! :D And, I cannot wait for Christmas Break - I can't take anymore of this Junior year BS, I am gonna explode. I just want to graduate!

caseysmom
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Yeah my daughter (other daughter) hated last year too. I actually think this year is worse with all the college stuff she has to do to apply and try to get accepted.

Alysser
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah my daughter (other daughter) hated last year too. I actually think this year is worse with all the college stuff she has to do to apply and try to get accepted.

Did she get accepted to any schools yet? I am just going to community college, I just want to give up and go now. :( Honestly, I hate this. My GPA was two points lower then what I needed to get in National Honor Society. With any other school district I could have made it, but no. My class ranks SUCKS, I am so done with school..

Okay sorry, not trying to Highjack this thread. I forgot to mention I also LOVE the atomsphere - everyone seems a whole lot happier! I love the smells of cookies and treats baking, and piney smells. I love seeing all the houses and Christmas lights, it's all gorgeous. :love: This year I am going to Providence and Boston the day after christmas, cannot wait for that either. :)

caseysmom
11-11-2009, 07:15 PM
She won't know for a long time. She is applying at the Air Force Academy so its been intense, medical, vision, fitness tests. Many interviews, that is her first choice, she is also applying at several UC's and a few other places.

K9karen
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Well, I'm outnumbered! :p

I used to love fall, the crisp air, turning leaves...

But now that I'm the one who helps rake and bag it (as best I can), it stinks. The street on our block (the entire area) is packed with leaves at the curb, waiting for the county pick up by special leaf trucks. Meantime, they blow away, get wet and yucky. If you're late for that, you have to wait for bag pick up or take to the leaf depository yourself. I hate the time change. I'm a night person (duh) so I like sitting on the porch at 8p. Can you say Bah Humbug??? :D:D:D

kokopup
11-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Fall is my favorite time of year. Yes I do hate having to rake leaves but as long as I'm able it is a small price to pay for the great weather.

I have many acres of woods with only about 1/2 acre that I maintain a lawn on. The rest I just let the leaves pile up year after year. Since I live in the country I don't bag my leaves. I have huge compost pile in one area of my yard that gets the most of my leaves and I burn a lot too.

krazyaboutkatz
11-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes, Fall is also my favorite time of year. It's finally starting to cool down here.:) One thing I don't like is that it gets dark too early for my liking.

happylabs
11-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Yes...I love fall!

The leaves are winding down now but every year when the leaves start to turn beautiful colors I think to myself...The leaves are dying but they are getting more beautiful. Is God trying to tell us something?

I do not rake leaves. I live in the country. I have an acre of land and the trees pretty much border the perimeter. There aren't enough to kill the grass. I think they actually help the grass when they get mulched in in the spring.

I would like a longer fall and a much shorter winter. Maybe about one day of winter Christmas eve for the kids and Santa. :D

aTailOf2Kitties
11-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I appreciate the cooler temperatures and the ability to sit outside around a fire. I also love slobbing around in my flannel shirts and sweatpants and being cozy. I always sleep better when it cools off and the lower temps mean Toby-kitty is more willing sleep on the bed and tolerate being petted.

But... I don't like the early darkness and I usually get a little depressed because I know winter is coming and it will be officially COLD soon.:(

Cataholic
11-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Not me. I like the first 2 weeks of Fall, then it just gets too dreary and dark for me.

redbird
11-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Autumn has always been my favorite time of year and living on the East Coast is where you really see the change in seasons. It is quite beautiful here.

happylabs
11-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I appreciate the cooler temperatures and the ability to sit outside around a fire. I also love slobbing around in my flannel shirts and sweatpants and being cozy. I always sleep better when it cools off and the lower temps mean Toby-kitty is more willing sleep on the bed and tolerate being petted.

But... I don't like the early darkness and I usually get a little depressed because I know winter is coming and it will be officially COLD soon.:(

I feel the same way. My kitties want to snuggle more when it is cold. And, I also get a big depressed this time of year. We will have to try to keep each other's spritis up some how.