PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Attend Veterans Day Parade??

lizbud
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Indy always has a good turn out for the parade and all the other
activites of rememberance. The weather was perfect this year.

caseysmom
11-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I do plan on putting flowers on my fathers grave, he is buried in the court of honor and the cemetary is beautiful on veterans day.

RICHARD
11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
The local parade is 1.1 miles long and usually when the front of the line hits the end of the parade, it's over!:eek:

Our state congress man sends out a letter to remind everyone and he promised us a flyby of a Black Hawk helicopter.

We got two flybys of some T-6 airplanes and this......

Politicians lie!:D

sparks19
11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't think lancaster does a veterans day parade :(

Karen
11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Our city doesn't have a Veteran's Day parade. The only parade it has is a Memorial Day parade, and even that isn't even held on Memorial Day, or even Memorial Day weekend - it is held the Sunday before Memorial Day weekend.

kokopup
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
I did not attend because of other commitments, but would really like to
attend next year. Birmingham has the oldest, and largest Parade in the nation.
We have celebrated Veterans day since Nov 11, 1945.

http://www.nationalveteransday.org/

cassiesmom
11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't believe Chicago has one, though I could very well be wrong.

10:30 PM: Edited to say: I'm wrong, there was a parade in Chicago today down by US Cellular Field. I'm sorry.

One of my neighbors in my building asked me on Sunday why I had replaced the fall decoration on my door with a red, white and blue one (the one I usually put out for Memorial Day/Flag Day/Independence Day). I just said, "Wednesday is Veterans Day." I did see a lot of flags out today when I was driving to work.