PDA

View Full Version : My mom's undergoing knee replacement surgery today

Kirsten
11-11-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm a bit nervous right now, and I hope all goes well.
She's been in pain for years, and now, after she could barely walk for the past two years, she has finally decided to have surgery.
Reinhold brought her to hospital yesterday, and her surgery is scheduled for today (I don't know about the exact time yet). She'll have to stay in hospital for 12 days.

Please wish her luck. :)

Kirsten

Medusa
11-11-2009, 06:37 AM
We'll keep your mom in our prayers, Kirsten. Knee replacement surgery is rather commonplace today. I have several friends who have had the surgery, one even had both knees done at once, so try not to worry too much. Keep the faythe. :love:

davidpizzica
11-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Kirsten, Pittsburgh prayers go out to your mom today. Over 5 years ago I had a total knee replacement (left knee) and I still have no pain. I think your mom will come through this with flying colors!

Anikaca77
11-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Prays coming for your mom. My mom is probably going to have knee surgery next year, she is scheduled for her shoulder to be done in March and after that heals then she will have her knee done.

Her knee is worse but the doctor wants to fix her shoulder first.

Take care and best wishes for your mom.

Melissa

gini
11-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Kirsten, I will say a prayer for your Mom. From what I understand from friends - this surgery has wonderful results and your Mom will be so much happier and pain free!

Felicia's Mom
11-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I will keep your mom in my prayers.

pomtzu
11-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Wishing Mom the very best and a speedy recovery.

Daisy and Delilah
11-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out, Kirsten. I hope your Mom has a perfect recovery. My knee is doing well now. I'm glad I have it. It's a wonderful thing.:)

Kirsten
11-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks a lot for your prayers and well wishes!! :)

She was having her surgery at noon, and according to the doctors, it all went well. My stepfather, Reinhold, visited her this afternoon, but she was still sleepy from anaesthesia. Maybe I'm going to visit her tomorrow, but right now, I feel like I'm getting the flu. Since we have the H1N1 virus in town, I'll better be careful and don't put her on risk by visiting her while I'm a possible carrier.

I'm going to call her tomorrow when she's back in her regular hospital room. Right now, she's in intensive care, but that's just an precaution.

Kirsten

Anikaca77
11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Prays that everything continues to go well for your mom.

Prays,
Melissa

Kirsten
11-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Thanks! :)

I spoke to her on the phone this morning; she said she's okay, but still very tired, probably from all the painkillers they're giving to her.

Kirsten

Catherinedana
11-12-2009, 07:32 AM
We have a friend who recently had a knee replacement and she is healing well and quickly. She spent about 5 days in a rehab after the surgery to do intensive physical therapy and have her progress carefully watched. Will your mom be doing something similar?

I wish her many healthy and pain free years on her new bionic knee!

Cathy :love:

Marigold2
11-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Sending the best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery and a lovely holiday season.