PDA

View Full Version : I need help

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-11-2009, 01:04 AM
I've been having very frequent heart palpitations (at least thats what I think they are). Its like a flutter in my chest... doesn't hurt, but it definitely catches my attention. They happen every so often (maybe a few times a week for the past couple months) and i've never thought anything of it. Tonight, it's been going on roughly every 2-3 minutes for the past hour. Its starting to hurt a little.

Any idea whats going on? should I be worried? I'm sick, just getting over a cold, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I just need some suggestions.

blue
11-11-2009, 01:14 AM
When I was on certain medication I had palpitations as a kid. Later after receiving a number of electrical shocks, the navy docs at Balboa knew my profession after looking at my EKG readings.

GO see a doc. My step dad has had an irregular heartbeat for years, and now has an enlarged heart as well.

Casper
11-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah, definately go see a doctor just to be sure.

I spent most of my summer vacation hopping from doctor to doctor to figure out what was causing my heart palpitations. After seeing two cardiologists it has been determined that my heart is perfectly fine. I still have heart palpitations but they don't bother me anymore. My heart tends to act up when I have any caffeine or if I let my inhibitions get the best of me.

Good luck! I hope you start feeling better. :)

Catherinedana
11-11-2009, 07:20 AM
I was thinking that since you are sick, maybe you are taking antihistamines? That might cause it. Those thing cause havoc! If you are prone to heart palpitations or have high blood pressure, you shouldn't be taking them.

Regardless, get yourself checked out. Women develop heart conditions too. . .

It's probably no big deal, but best if you know that for certain!

Cathy

smokey the elder
11-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Also, you might want to get your thyroid checked. Heart palpitations can be an indicator of overactive thyroid. Good luck!

*LabLoverKEB*
11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I *sometimes* get those, but not often. When it does happen, it's when I'm in bed, trying to fall asleep.

Like others have said, definitely go to a Dr. and get that checked out.... an EKG might be able to tell the dr. what's going on...
Keep us updated!

Pinot's Mom
11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
You'd take your pet to the vet, wouldn't you??

Go see a doctor!!