PDA

View Full Version : No MORE reading glasses!

davidpizzica
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm finally getting regular bifocal glasses! They ought to be ready in about two weeks. I've been trying to use a pair of Family Dollar $1.00 special reading glasses which are the glasses from hell. I had a good pair, but in the shuffle of cleaning out the house and my moving up here, somehow they were misplaced. These things are very temporary I am very happy. An early Christmas present!

moosmom
11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
That's great news, David!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the new specs!

Karen
11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Congratulations, that must be awful not being able to see clearly!

davidpizzica
11-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Congratulations, that must be awful not being able to see clearly!

Not only that, Karen, but I even have trouble keeping them on my face! I was at Appleby's one time and I took a bite of food, those things fell off my face and into the food! I CAN"T WAIT to get my new ones.

smokey the elder
11-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I've had bifocals for 10 years; I always had lousy distance vision, and started having trouble reading and doing cross stitch, that wouldn't do at all!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm so happy with mine!! I always had to take 2 pairs of glasses with me, and when I forgat my reading glasses, I wasn't able to read anything!
In July I got these bifocals, and I LOVE them!!!

K9karen
11-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Good for you, David! I know a gazillion people who have bi's and love them. I can't adjust to them, personally, but then, I'm just weird, I guess. It'd be so much more easier for you, won't it? One pair of glasses to do the trick! Enjoy!!!!

IRescue452
11-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Congrats! Though I must say this out of jealousy...how lucky of the far-sighted that they can buy a pair of reading glasses at a store for $10-20 when us near-sighted people have to pay $200 at the eye doctor for our glasses!!!!!!! You totally suck :p

carole
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
hm i am long sighted and i had to pay 800 dollars for my progressive lenses, so i don't think here anyhow there is any difference between short and long sighted really, not much for sure.

CONGRATS David, with new glasses, new teeth,new knee,new house, my gosh you are one totally new man almost, still hope you are the sweet good natured david that i know though, I am just kidding with you, i know that you are.

Enjoy those new glasses David , i too went years with out being able to see well, and i am going to have to probably look at new ones soon, even though mine are only 3 yrs old ,my eye sight has changed, i better start saving.

Include a pic next post please.