PDA

View Full Version : Vista/Windows 7?

Laura's Babies
11-09-2009, 06:49 PM
If you have Vista and hate it like I do, I found out if you bought it at Best Buy, they will upgrade your computer from Vista to Win 7 FREE....IF you bought it after June 25, 2009.... and I got mine in April. :rolleyes:

I would hope this offer would be anywhere you bought them but I don't know. I have asked around and they are saying Win 7 is somewhat like XP only faster.

Someone told me this so I called them and it is true.

Catty1
11-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I'll let you know in about a week and a half. I'm going away, and upgrading my clients to Win7 after I get back.

They have a multi-license version...so I did 1 hr free work in exchange for one of the Win7 Installations!:D

I get to experiment on my own computer first...LOL.

Laura's Babies
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I will have to buy Win 7 and they would charge me $40 to intstall, I think I am going to do it! I hate this Vista....

K9karen
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Linux/Ubunto for me.

John's oldest son works for Microsoft so the jibes are hysterical.
Love the Mac/Microsoft commercials!

blue
11-10-2009, 12:27 AM
WIN7 is a huge improvement over Vista, its like going from Winblows ME to XP. It still has some of the annoying "Are you sure" pop ups but those are easy to disable. I only have one WIN 7 machine so I cant say how easy the Homegroup is for sharing files over your network. My 7 machine and my server arent playing nice together at the moment.

MS says you need a minimum of 1gig of memory for 7 to work, but I can tell you it works fine with only 512megs.

If you have an install disc you can strip all the extras you dont need from it using v-lite.

DJFyrewolf36
11-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Johns been running Win 7 since its first beta release and having worked with it, vista and xp side by side I have to say Win 7 is the superior of the three, at least in the 64 bit world. XP 64 gave me nothing but problems on my current set up but Win 7 is performing a lot better.

I really like 7 overall. Some of the visual properties are annoying but those can be disabled.

Laura's Babies
11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
If you have an install disc you can strip all the extras you dont need from it using v-lite.

Now that is what I'd like to do but I am not smart enough to intall it myself. They put so much "junk" in them.

I like all the comments made here about Win. 7 and see that is the way to go.

DJFyrewolf36, I have a 64 bit system so your comment really caught my eye.

Thanks for the heads up folks. :D

Puckstop31
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Ever since Ray Ozzie took over as Chief Software Architect from Bill Gates, Microsoft has been hitting home runs. Ya gotta love Bill, but he is a businessman, not a software architect.

Windows 7 and Windows Small Business Server 08' have allowed us to market to our clients in new ways. They really are amazing products. Microsoft, finally, got something right the first time. LOL

DJFyrewolf36
11-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Laura, what I really like about 7 is a lot of software that gave me a fit about installing on XP64 works flawlessly on 7. I had a few applications that I had to find a patch for just to get it to install on XP and on 7 they just worked. Win 7 also has a competent compatability mode, meaning more older applications work without tweaking.

Hellow
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
I've read some good reviews about Win 7 and even tested the RC, and it is an improvement over Vista. But I can't say I like it.

Then again, I'm also obviously biased.