View Full Version : Look what I did today!!

Laura's Babies
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
FRESH LOUISIANA Satsuma's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/PickingSatsumas.jpg

This tree is in Rie's neighbors yard. A tree fell on it last year during hurricane Gustav and took out half of it. Then, burning limbs and debris, half of what was left was burned. Look at it now! It is always loaded with satsuma's like this (except for last year) and they give them away. They are always so sweet, tender and juicy and they are again this year. We went and picked some today, I ate the first one I picked and the juice was dripping down my arm. (look in my hand)

The guy who's yard this is in has a supersize green thumb, everything he plants grown like that and produces mega stuff. He also has a lemon tree that is just as loaded and the lemons are just as big as the satsuma's, some bigger!

Daisy and Delilah
11-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Yummy!! Those collards look good too.:)

Laura's Babies
11-09-2009, 06:42 PM
That is broccoli, he has a whole row of those and they are beautiful too. Now matter what he plants always comes out better than anybody in the neighborhood. He can plant 1 tomato plant and produce enough to supply with them to everybody that wants them. Rie's husband just quit planting a garden because that mans garden produces enough for everybody.

Karen
11-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I had never heard of Satsumas - are they like oranges? I googled it, and it said it is a citrus fruit ...

Laura's Babies
11-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Yes, Karen, it is a citrus, more like a tangerine than a orange. I'd take a satsuma any day over a tangerine.

moosmom
11-10-2009, 08:26 AM
WOW!!! Look at all that fruit!!! I wish I had one of those trees in my backyard!

Queen of Poop
11-10-2009, 08:41 AM
That's amazing to me!!! Of course, here in the great white north you never get to see anything like that.