PDA

View Full Version : A Totally stupid pointless thread

sparks19
11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I guess this thread is just for all the random thoughts we have during the day that sometimes you are just dying to say. I know I can't be the only one with random thoughts.

My current thought....

Ever been driving down the road and pass a single shoe in the middle of the road? WHERE did that shoe come from? how did someone not notice they lost a shoe? I mean a hat I could understand. it could have blown out the window. but a shoe? and it's actually a very common sight. How does this happen so often?

I know... totally stupid. why do I care where a shoe came from. but it's just so ODD.

Pinot's Mom
11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Actually I passed one of those on the offramp from 83 this morning! One work shoe. :confused:

My current thought is I really spent way too much time on here today instead of concentrating on work....oh well! ;)

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
LMAO!! I have had this same thought. Sometimes I'll see a shoe then a little further down the road is the mate. Where DO they come from? :D

sparks19
11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Actually I passed one of those on the offramp from 83 this morning! One work shoe. :confused:

My current thought is I really spent way too much time on here today instead of concentrating on work....oh well! ;)

HAHAHA yes I also passed a shoe today. looked like a brand new loafer.

you can make up the work tomorrow :D

Husky_mom
11-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I always tease whomever iīm walking with.."hey..you dropped a shoe there..."

haha..

I think thatīs why socks go missing too.. lol

sparks19
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Do you think the socks and shoes are tryign to run away together? or run from each other? Maybe they belonged to someone with bad foot odor and the shoe jumped out?

I don't know. I have lost shoes before too. how does it happen? I have one ugg boot where did the other one go (I suspect Teddy had something to do with it's disappearance)? but I don't think it's laying in the road

but that is another one. WHERE do the socks go? I've bought hannah three 12 packs of socks... and I can't find them after one wash. I can barely fill one pack with the pairs she has left. where did they go?

I heard somewhere something about them getting in behind the washer bucket (don't know what that is actually called). don't know how true that is but maybe if my washer ever dies I will crack it open and check

Husky_mom
11-09-2009, 03:44 PM
hahahaha.. that could be it...

I too have lost countless socks... can even fill one bag.. just like you.. wonder were they went.. must be a sock party somewhere...lol

sparks19
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
same here. we have piles of single socks lol. I can bare to throw them out just in case I ever find their partner one day.

It's one of those things we will never have the answer to I guess.

I mean you never lose a pair of pants or a shirt in the wash do you?

caseysmom
11-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah where the heck are those socks????? Sometimes if I buy a colorful pair I really like I buy two pairs just in case half runs away:D

moosmom
11-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Ever see sneakers hanging from a telephone wire? I see them all the time and wonder how they get up there. Rumor has it that it's a sign that it's a drug area.

sparks19
11-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Ever see sneakers hanging from a telephone wire? I see them all the time and wonder how they get up there. Rumor has it that it's a sign that it's a drug area.

Yes I have. I always just assumed it was some cruel joke. Like kids used to do. steal your shoes tie the laces together and throw them over a telephone wire. and while I have never actually witnessed kids DOING this I have heard it's one of the mean things they like to do.

but I have also heard about the area marking thing. it's like claiming their territory or something.

very weird either way. like how did that come to be? "HEY this is my turf so I'm gonna throw a pair of my shoes up there and then everyone will know"

odd

sparks19
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
AND

why does everything look better in the dressing room mirror than in your own mirror when you get home and try on the same outfit?

Grace
11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Ever been driving down the road and pass a single shoe in the middle of the road? WHERE did that shoe come from? how did someone not notice they lost a shoe? I mean a hat I could understand. it could have blown out the window. but a shoe? and it's actually a very common sight. How does this happen so often?

I figure as long as there is not a leg attached to the shoe, it's okay :)

Around here it's a sign the seniors are getting ready to graduate. Happens pretty much every May . . . . first they throw the caps, then the shoes :D

Taz_Zoee
11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
AND

why does everything look better in the dressing room mirror than in your own mirror when you get home and try on the same outfit?

I think the mirrors in dressing rooms are magic!!

A solution for the missing Hannah socks. Get a net bag like this (http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Pack-of-3-Mesh-Wash-Washing-Delicate-Socks-Laundry-Bags_W0QQitemZ250513967845QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_216?hash=item3a53cbcae5) to wash her socks in. Scroll down a little on the site to see what I'm referring to. I have one I wash my bras in. Not that the washer eats my bras, LOL.

caseysmom
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
AND

Thats what I want to know too!

kokopup
11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I heard somewhere something about them getting in behind the washer bucket (don't know what that is actually called). don't know how true that is but maybe if my washer ever dies I will crack it open and check

I can assure you that the socks are not behind the Washer "bucket'. I recently had a mouse die somewhere inside my washer. I tore the wash apart and removed the "bucket" and did not find a single sock or a mouse either. Where ever that place is where the mouse found to hide before dieing probably has a bunch of socks too.

I usually buy several dozen of the same black socks so when I lose one it isn't obvious until one day the sock drawer is empty. I used to buy the ones with the colored thread in the toe so you could match them. I just ended up with a bunch of mismatch socks with different colored toes.

aTailOf2Kitties
11-09-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't see shoes very often but I always see broken furniture by the side of highways and interstates and wonder:
(1)how far away did it start its journey?
(2)what happened to make it jump out right there, as opposed to further down the road?
(3)how far was it from its original destination?

I can just imagine some redneck hauling something in the back of his truck and it falling out right before he got home with his prize: "Look honey! I drove clear to the state line just to get you this really nice....ummmm.....where'd it go?"

cassiesmom
11-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't see shoes very often but I always see broken furniture by the side of highways and interstates and wonder:
(1)how far away did it start its journey?
(2)what happened to make it jump out right there, as opposed to further down the road?
(3)how far was it from its original destination?

I can just imagine some redneck hauling something in the back of his truck and it falling out right before he got home with his prize: "Look honey! I drove clear to the state line just to get you this really nice....ummmm.....where'd it go?"

Around here it's mattresses. Uhmmm... dude ... did you get all the way home before you realized something was missing?

sparks19
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
LOL matresses... same here

did you NOT notice it flew out of the back or notice that difference in the trucks performance.

ever find money that you don't remember having? LOL that is a nice surprise but sometimes drives me crazy that I can't remember where it came from hahaha

DJFyrewolf36
11-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Ive seen pants in the middle of the road around here...that always gets me wondering lol

Lady's Human
11-10-2009, 03:49 AM
Some of the tiedown jobs I've seen leaving stores make me want to follow the cars for the same reason you follow the lead of a second lieutenant....

Morbid curiosity.

joycenalex
11-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Some of the tiedown jobs I've seen leaving stores make me want to follow the cars for the same reason you follow the lead of a second lieutenant....

Morbid curiosity.
don't follow too closely tho...yesterday i saw a poorly tiedown ladder hit the car behind....not pretty

pomtzu
11-10-2009, 06:28 AM
don't follow too closely tho...yesterday i saw a poorly tiedown ladder hit the car behind....not pretty

I got behind a truck with a flying ladder too - on a back country road with no shoulder to pull off on to, to get out of the way. Fortunately there were no vehicles coming in the opposite direction, and I was able to swerve into that lane. The ladder would have gone right thru my windshield if I hadn't gotten out of it's path. Scared the crap out of me. :(

sparks19
11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Yeah I'm always nervous when I see a vehicle with a bunch of junk piled in the back and not tied down.

I was following a few cars back from this pick up truck that had the bed piled with wood. and the wood was flying out everywhere. everytime he would turn or start moving again after being stopped wood would fall out all over the place.

PANTS? LOL yes that would make me wonder too.

aTailOf2Kitties
11-10-2009, 07:10 AM
ever find money that you don't remember having? LOL that is a nice surprise but sometimes drives me crazy that I can't remember where it came from hahaha
Back when I was in college I bought a pair of pants for my bf at a thrift store. I saw him the next day and said "I appreciate the pants, but what was the money for?" I'm like "what money?". He said "there was 2 dollars wadded up in the little watch pocket". I only paid 2 bucks for the pants so I guess that made them free, LOL.

sparks19
11-10-2009, 08:06 AM
haha that's not the first time I've heard of that happening with thrift store pants. but somehow I NEVER get those pants LOL

but I am convinced that our dryer makes money :D we always find a couple of bucks floating around in there. One time even a $20 WOOHOO lol

Husky_mom
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM

isnīt this great?.. I always seem to find money in coats, drawers, envelopes and pants.. haha.. sweet..:D

moosmom
11-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I can't stand getting behind ANY truck that has one of those "protective" tarps across the top of their haul. You don't know how many times my windshield has been dinged and pitted because of small rocks and stones being tossed out of the compartment and also from the wheel treads. Many times it's like a shower of stones. If one ever hits my windshield and cracks it, I immediately get the license plate # and the name of the company and call them to report it. I also mark down the date and time it happened. I'm not reporting it to my insurance company only to have my rates go up cuz of their ignorance.

sparks19
11-10-2009, 08:33 AM
You know what almost landed on my windsheild the other day?

COW POOP lol. Oh yes. I was beside a truck that was hauling cows and they all had their back ends against the sides of the truck where the holes are and were obviously making their displeasure well known by pooping out of the holes lol.

anna_66
11-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Ever been driving down the road and pass a single shoe in the middle of the road?
Funny thing happened to me this morning on the way to work...there was a flip flop in the middle of the road! I just had to take a picture:D

cassiesmom
11-10-2009, 06:52 PM
ever find money that you don't remember having? LOL that is a nice surprise but sometimes drives me crazy that I
can't remember where it came from hahaha

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago! First cold snap of the fall, I got a heavier jacket out of the closet, and the first time I went in the pocket there was a dollar in there! :)

Genny
11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Know what's funny? There has been a pair of kid's sized jeans on the road down a piece from us. Every time I drive that way I see the jeans. They've been there for about 5 months now lol. I guess maybe someone should move them, but no one has!!

kokopup
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
By Genny
Know what's funny? There has been a pair of kid's sized jeans on the road down a piece from us. Every time I drive that way I see the jeans. They've been there for about 5 months now lol. I guess maybe someone should move them, but no one has!!

You know that pre-stressed jeans bring a premium in the stores. Maybe this is
a part of a pre-stress experiment. They will probably end up on a rack in Walmart before it is over with.:D

Husky_mom
11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
You know that pre-stressed jeans bring a premium in the stores. Maybe this is
a part of a pre-stress experiment. They will probably end up on a rack in Walmart before it is over with.:D

haha.. a wash and onto ebay.. lol

sparks19
11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
HAHA prestressed jeans "get them now left out in the rain and sun in the middle of the road for 5 months. You won't find another deal like it"

maybe they are trying to start a line of pre stressed shoes :D

smokey the elder
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Back to the socks question...the latest fad in physics and cosmology is "parallel universes"...I think the mysterious loss of sox and mice are circumstantial evidence that they exist!:p;)

kokopup
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
by Smokey The Elder
Back to the socks question...the latest fad in physics and cosmology is "parallel universes"...I think the mysterious loss of sox and mice are circumstantial evidence that they exist!

I believe that too. It seems that my glasses and keys sort of pop in and out of the other side at will.:D

sparks19
11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
ok my random stupid thought of the day

as I was washing my hands I looked down at the tube of toothpaste and it says "regular flavor"

What the heck kind of flavor description is that? lol

is it spearmint? peppermint? candy flavor? I don't know what REGULAR means.

I mean I do know what the flavor is cause I use it everyday but really now... regular flavor?

happylabs
11-12-2009, 01:29 PM
ok my random stupid thought of the day

as I was washing my hands I looked down at the tube of toothpaste and it says "regular flavor"

What the heck kind of flavor description is that? lol

is it spearmint? peppermint? candy flavor? I don't know what REGULAR means.

I mean I do know what the flavor is cause I use it everyday but really now... regular flavor?

Hmmmm...regular as opposed to irregular? :D

sparks19
11-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Hmmmm...regular as opposed to irregular? :D

HAHAHA I guess. if I saw flavor "irregular" I might be intrigued to find out what it's like hahaha.

another thing I think about ...

why do commercials advertising a new product that will make your life easier always portray that activity as the most difficult thing ever? I mean the fabric softener ball... the commercial for that showed this woman practically falling down the steps getting to the washer hair all a muss in a total panic and then spilling the entire bottle of fabric softener everywhere but now she can just use the ball and it's so simple. Now really... is pouring fabric softener THAT difficult? lol does anyone here have that much trouble with it?

aTailOf2Kitties
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
OMG I always think the same thing when seeing "make your life better" products, especially kitchen implements. They always show some shaky-handed person trying to slice a tomato without much luck or cutting themselves. I'm no culinary genius but I've never had that much trouble slicing something:D

happylabs
11-12-2009, 06:56 PM
HAHAHA I guess. if I saw flavor "irregular" I might be intrigued to find out what it's like hahaha.

another thing I think about ...

why do commercials advertising a new product that will make your life easier always portray that activity as the most difficult thing ever? I mean the fabric softener ball... the commercial for that showed this woman practically falling down the steps getting to the washer hair all a muss in a total panic and then spilling the entire bottle of fabric softener everywhere but now she can just use the ball and it's so simple. Now really... is pouring fabric softener THAT difficult? lol does anyone here have that much trouble with it?

Nah. My washer has a fabric softener container in the middle that you put in at the beginning. If I forget to put it in I also have dryer sheets.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Ok I'm dying to say this:
I passed all my finals this week, and now I'm officially a term 3 VT student!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparks19
11-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I passed all my finals this week, and now I'm officially a term 3 VT student!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Y

Congrats :D

Alysser
11-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Congratulations! :)

kokopup
11-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Congratulations LabLoverKEB

The first product Motorola developed was a record player for automobiles. At that time the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.

kokopup
11-13-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.wildestwesterns.com/images/issue_7_images/jack_palance.jpg

Hi Jack

sparks19
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
so today on the side of the road... I saw....

a smashed to pieces TV lol

kokopup
11-22-2009, 09:18 PM
so today on the side of the road... I saw....

a smashed to pieces TV lol

They were using it to hold down the mattress.

sparks19
11-22-2009, 09:51 PM
They were using it to hold down the mattress.

HAHAHAHAHAHA good one

that is probably true lol

Genny
11-22-2009, 09:56 PM
I saw a 2liter/litre (sp?) coke in the middle of the road today-it wasn't even opened. I bet someone dropped it out of their car, but how? lol

kokopup
11-23-2009, 07:43 AM
I saw a 2liter/litre (sp?) coke in the middle of the road today-it wasn't even opened. I bet someone dropped it out of their car, but how? lol

Maybe it was the only heavy thing , other than the TV, they could find to help hold down that mattress.

sparks19
11-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh and I meant to share this a couple days ago. I saw yet ANOTHER shoe in the middle of the road.

cassiesmom
11-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh and I meant to share this a couple days ago. I saw yet ANOTHER shoe in the middle of the road.

So that's where it went...:rolleyes:

Around here the only things you see in the road are squashed possums.

Koko's mom
11-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Americans consumed approximately 45 million turkeys this past Thanksgiving.

kokopup
11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Frida, a five month old female octopus housed in the Hellabrunn Zoo in German (imported from Morocco) has learnt a unique talent. After watching zoo attendants open shrimp jars a few times she has learnt to open the jars on her own. She presses the lid against her body and grasps the side of the jar with suckers on her eight tentacles. With a series of body twists, she opens the jar in anywhere from 10 seconds to an hour (depending on how tight the lid is).

sparks19
11-25-2009, 05:17 PM

can't believe this....

I just saw the exact same thing today :O

Moesha
11-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I may be mistaken, but I think I just saw a post from another member of Koko's family! WELCOME!

Bonny
11-25-2009, 06:29 PM
This thread is hilarious! I have tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

kokopup
11-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Genny

You didn't notice if that was a Coke Zero or original did you. If the one you say and the one Sparks19 saw are the same we can assume this is some sort of conspiracy.

cassiesmom
11-03-2010, 12:40 PM
I went to Petsmart for cat food and saw a golden retriever, a yellow Lab, a dachshund that was sort of a coppery red- so pretty! And a dog who looked like Fritz03's Heidi, only bigger and with the colors of a beagle, black, white and reddish-brown ... soooo cute! One of the things I enjoy about shopping at Petsmart is seeing the people who bring their dogs to the store.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Just now saw all the congratulations... THANKS EVERYONE!:)

GoldenLover
11-03-2010, 12:48 PM
AND

Why does everything look better on the manequin or model in the magazine than it does on you when you try it on or buy it? :)

GoldenLover
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
OK so speaking of random things found alongside the road- it made me think of this:
I live in Ohio, and this time of year it is VERY common to see numerous dead deers that have been hit by vehicles along any major highway. My question: Where do these dead deers go? Many of them have been mostly intact for several weeks, just laying there, and no other critters have braved crossing US-75 to take advantage of the free meal. But eventually, they will disappear. Is there like a "Dead Dear Wagon" ran by a bunch of road-kill-eatin-rednecks that comes around screaming "Bring out your dead!" on the highway, looking for half-rotted carcasses? Here's a possible business slogan: "Dead Dear Wagon - You hit em, we get em!"
:p

GoldenLover
11-03-2010, 12:58 PM

Perhaps it was a match to the previously-mentioned shoe? LOL

sparks19
11-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Perhaps it was a match to the previously-mentioned shoe? LOL

maybe they were searching for each other LOL

Karen
11-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Usually it is the responsibility of the highway department - either the state or county, depending on what kind of road it is, or even the town. Usually there is a dumping spot set up for roadkill carcasses. Whenever you see one, you should call it in, so they know where it is, and can dispose of it properly.

GoldenLover
11-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Well they are most certainly neglecting their duties, because I see 10-15 every day on my way to work (30 min drive down 75).

And not even a giggle for my Monty Python reference? Come on, people!

Karen
11-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Well they are most certainly neglecting their duties, because I see 10-15 every day on my way to work (30 min drive down 75).

And not even a giggle for my Monty Python reference? Come on, people!

I think most people were probably trying hard not to picture rotting carcasses, and missed the MP reference.

Definitely call the state highway department, and be prepared to tell them where you enter and exit the highway, and about where the deer are. Likely, everyone else assumes it's someone else's job ... so no one does.

GoldenLover
11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Oh my goodness... :rolleyes:

Roxyluvsme13
11-03-2010, 10:58 PM
My roommate is an idiot. Just had to get that out there.

Vette
11-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Rape is NOT a joke.

i hate it when people joke around an giggle about rape. saying crap like it its not rape if someone yells surprise or use it way out of context like ive seen before when someone was hugging someone else an one of them yells rape. :rolleyes:

makes me want to slap them across their stupid heads.

GoldenLover
11-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Random thought while driving down 75 today:
I giggle when there's a line of cars in the fast lane because a semi is passing another semi at approximately 1 mph faster than him, and there's this jerk behind you riding your bumper who slides on 2 wheels into the slow lane in an attempt to butt ahead of half the cars only to get to wait right behind the semi.
Now come on- we're obviously not in the fast lane, waiting patiently for fun. If there were a way to get around whatever is blocking the fast lane, dont you think someone would have taken advantage and used the fast lane to get around the semi? People like this crack me up. HURRY UP!!!.... and wait.
What makes me giggle is when he gets over there and realizes "oh crap, it's all backed up! I guess I'll have to get back over where I was and wait it out like everyone else". hehehe

Further, it upsets me when someone is riding your bumper and puts on his bright lights in an attempt to pursuade you to drive faster. As I was being blinded this morning by a pick-up truck with a vengence, I imagined how cool it would be if, on the back of my car, there was a little boxer glove attached to a spring like in the Roadrunner cartoons. Then you could hit the "POW" button on your dashboard and slap the guy riding your butt with brights on right in the kisser. LOL :p

cassiesmom
11-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Rape is NOT a joke.

i hate it when people joke around an giggle about rape. saying crap like it its not rape if someone yells surprise or use it way out of context like ive seen before when someone was hugging someone else an one of them yells rape. :rolleyes:

makes me want to slap them across their stupid heads.

Vette, smack them for me too. That's not funny.

I've heard teenagers say "Oh, that's so gay" and I just wince when I hear that. I'm straight, but I'm friends with gay people, and it makes me cringe. Could you just say, "Oh, that's so (something else)."

Further, it upsets me when someone is riding your bumper and puts on his bright lights in an attempt to pursuade you to drive faster. As I was being blinded this morning by a pick-up truck with a vengence, I imagined how cool it would be if, on the back of my car, there was a little boxer glove attached to a spring like in the Roadrunner cartoons. Then you could hit the "POW" button on your dashboard and slap the guy riding your butt with brights on right in the kisser. LOL :p

I definitely need a boxer glove like that! POW!

Sonia59
11-05-2010, 04:09 AM
This thread is not stupid, and it turned out a pretty funny chat :)

Sparks19, it seems you are finding a lot of shoes :eek: I was wondering whether all these people are going back home with only one shoe and don't notice it :confused:

sparks19
11-05-2010, 10:46 AM
This thread is not stupid, and it turned out a pretty funny chat :)

Sparks19, it seems you are finding a lot of shoes :eek: I was wondering whether all these people are going back home with only one shoe and don't notice it :confused:

I know. it's crazy. Everytime I see a shoe (I swear I must see almost one a week lol) I think of this thread and then wonder how so many lone shoes are escaping without being noticed lol

cassiesmom
11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Guess what I spotted in the parking lot leaving work last night? One sneaker! And guess what I thought of when I saw it -- this thread!

dab_20
11-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Vette, smack them for me too. That's not funny.

I've heard teenagers say "Oh, that's so gay" and I just wince when I hear that. I'm straight, but I'm friends with gay people, and it makes me cringe. Could you just say, "Oh, that's so (something else)."

We were actually just having a conversation about that in my english class today. I HATE that too. But just like "that's so retarded", there will always be a word people use out of context to make it seem bad. Now mentally retarded is called mentally disabled. Pretty sure gay will be called something different soon enough. I say we should embrace it. "That's SO gay!".... "I know it's AWESOME!".

That'll stop people from saying it. :)

My random thought is I think I am addicted to the internet. I turned on the computer an hour ago to do homework. Have I done any homework as of yet? No. :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
11-05-2010, 08:57 PM
I rarely get colds, but when I do it takes me out for a week at least! Why, why WHY does this happen? I get a lot of vitamin C and Ive been eating healthier on top of it all.

I just want this cold to go away. :mad::(:mad::(

sana
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Random Thoughts huh? I am so excited about today's carnival, we are going to a Fall Carnival!!
WAIT...That's not silly, well, I am thinking that WHY the heck do people not clean their cars after a muddy rain drive, the dirt stays on the car for like a week, and when a party comes they clean their cars as if the mud just came.Sheeesh! that's disgusting, people here do that :confused::confused::rolleyes:

GoldenLover
11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Pumpkin pie is amazing. I made one last night. SO yummy!

Suki Wingy
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I bought a car today! I haven't had a running car for almost a year! In fact, it was a year ago next week that my old Jeep Cherokee kicked it.

sana
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I saw a shoe on the road a few days ago. YAHOO! my class won the basketball match!! I went to an awesome wedding party a few hours ago. :D LOVELY!!!!:love::love::love:

Suki Wingy
11-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I found a horse while browsing classifieds that I really want to go try! Unfortunately I just bought a car so I don't have any extra money. If I budget right, I could afford to keep one but the purchasing is what's getting me right now!

kokopup
11-14-2010, 10:11 PM
After wheelbarrowing 10 yards of 8910 gravel and laying 2000 pavers my patio is almost complete. The hands they are totally finished.:D

cassiesmom
11-17-2010, 02:07 PM
I bought a car today! I haven't had a running car for almost a year! In fact, it was a year ago next week that my old Jeep Cherokee kicked it.

Congratulations on your new car, Suki Wingy!

I didn't see a shoe in the road today. I did see a disposable OR shoe cover in the parking lot on my way inside the building, though.

CountryWolf07
11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm thinking.. how I'm glad that "Modern Family" is on tonight and it's a new episode.

happylabs
11-17-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm thinking.. how I'm glad that "Modern Family" is on tonight and it's a new episode.

I love this show!!!

Bonny
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
I have been keeping my eyes peeled for weeks looking for stray shoes & have not seen any.

GoldenLover
11-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I love this show!!!

I'm not a fan of Modern Family. I hate The Office too.
Love Parenthood, though!

sana
11-18-2010, 02:53 PM
I have been keeping my eyes peeled for weeks looking for stray shoes & have not seen any.

I saw one a few days ago and one a few weeks ago...eek! woke my mom up, its the middle of the night, its 1:52am, :eek: I am tired of sleeping, 5:00am wasnt coming so I woke up early. :p

mon
07-02-2018, 10:18 PM
I have been seeing shoes tied together and thrown over power cables for ever since I can remember. Never once have I ever seen someone do it, some one with naked feet walking away. I have no idea how they can get them up so high or what anyone's motive might be. Like UFOs and Sasquaches, mystery for sure but... never keeps me up at night for some reason. I also wonder why I tape Y&R every day and watch it. It is ridiculous, yet I do it just the same...year after year. I think it's the wardrobe and costume jewelry perhaps. No one on that show has cats or dogs however, weird eh. I also wonder how old Mia is, she is showing signs of great age but was adopted and we can only guess. Her health seems to be great but she is really slowing down and very sensitive to any commotion or loud noise, her sister really pisses her off and she is VERY demanding when she wants affection or temptations. I am so proud of her, the way she communicates her needs sure helps to provide her with what she desires. 😻 Ahhh, random thoughts....

cassiesmom
07-03-2018, 02:01 PM
A number of the communities around here have moved their fireworks to July 3. I'm not in the mood to go tonight... I'm busy at work, I'd have to change clothes and drive over there, and it's hot out. Also, I have no idea where my picnic blanket is. It might be in my parents' garage from last summer! I'd rather go tomorrow.

P.S. mon, there's been one black boot on the side of the expressway interchange for several days. I see it every morning on my way to work and wonder how it got there. Was it thrown from a car? Why didn't someone come back for it?

mon
07-07-2018, 05:44 PM
My husbands birthday was yesterday, I always used to fill the room with balloons but Lily is so afraid of them. No more balloons. Then I was wondering if I can ever put ornaments out of the cabinate again, Lily joyfully slaps everyone on the floor. No ornaments. Can't light candles, very bad idea. Flowers, no way! Only three cat friendly, hard to reach plants... sigh. The things we do for love eh. Brat!🤷🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

Karen
07-07-2018, 05:45 PM
And we love them anyway!

mon
07-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Yes, hopelessly I'm afraid. I did however get some battery operated candles that are very pretty and look quite real. I miss flowers though, fake ones don't cut it for me. Last month we were given helium balloons and Lily hid upstairs until we locked them in the basement, weird. I thought she was sick but luckily Shawn figured it out. I shouldn't complain, my cats are the best.

Karen
07-07-2018, 10:53 PM
I can beat that - I once worked in an office with a Sheltie who was afraid of the cellophane a large poinsettia gift was encased in. It came when his owners - my bosses - were away, and we wanted them to see how pretty it looked, but Tyler barked incessantly - until we shut the plant in an office so he could not see it.

mon
07-07-2018, 11:55 PM
That is strange!! The barking helped you figure out the problem so you could fix it. Cats are harder, I wouldn't have figured it out myself about the balloons but Shawn took the time and noticed she would only go far enough down the stairs that she could see the wicked and deadly balloons. Then she would go no further and just gaze at them with dread, poor thing. Hope you are enjoying yourself some summer moments Karen!

cassiesmom
07-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Hot as heck here lately. I read somewhere that pets like cold water when it's hot so I put some ice cubes in Madame Lily's glass, she drinks from a glass on the kitchen island. Anyhowww... afterwards she kept sticking her tongue out as far as she could and shaking her head for about five minutes. I believe she got old fashioned brain and tongue freeze. I felt guilty for laughing but couldn't help it, LMAO. Think I'll just give her cold water from now on. It was hilarious, I am a bad mummy 路‍♀️

I used to put an ice cube in Cassie's water dish on very hot days. She would use her front paw to push it out of the dish and onto the floor, then lick the water off her paw.

Hugs and kisses to Lily!