PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace

Paul
10-08-2002, 02:44 PM
   I understand advertising can be annoying. It's everywhere. Television (public and private), radio, newspapers, magazines, books, movies, clothes, shoes, buildings, cars, taxis, busses, trains, blimps, billboards...

Pet Talk is a special place because it is full of special people. People should be able to tell others what they do for a living or for a hobby. To me the question is how to do it. Therefore we have created a new forum called "Marketplace" dedicated to advertising and self-promotion.

These rules may change at any time as we learn what is best for Pet Talk. Right now we have two rules:

1) Advertising and self-promotion will be limited to this one forum with the exception of a single line of text in your signature. Images should be limited to truly special subjects like pets.

2) Unlike all our other forums only people with ten or more posts will be allowed to create their own threads here.

Paul

Heather Wallace
10-14-2002, 06:40 PM
Paul, I am bit confussed as to what I can actually advertise. For example, can I advertise my petsitting bussiness??? I don't want to write about it unless I am allowed as I dont want to offend anyone.
Thanks

Paul
10-17-2002, 03:10 AM
   Yes, of course, you may advertise your pet sitting business!

This forum is for any business or item that a member of our community wishes to promote.

Paul

(All postings on Pet Talk must be suitable for our family friendly audience.)

AmberLee
10-17-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Paul
(All postings on Pet Talk must be suitable for our family friendly audience.)

My interpretation of this caveat is that we are restricted to advertising only legal, moral, and tasteful enterprises but we are waived on the fattening ones*, right?

* Some of my personal favorites. ;) :D

Paul
10-17-2002, 10:58 PM
   Yes!

Although, don't ask me if I have familiarized myself with the laws of the more than 140 nations that visit Pet of the Day. Or to define an actual standard of morality. I trust the wonderful people of Pet Talk will have wonderful things they wish to promote.

Paul

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 07:36 PM
ive never noticed this forum be4!:rolleyes: :D

micki76
03-03-2003, 10:01 PM
Me neither! Aren't we observant? LOL!:rolleyes: Well at least I found it now.

Jessica12345
03-09-2003, 01:15 PM
lol:D

allanimalswelcome
05-10-2003, 07:48 AM
Sounds good to me! I don't have anything to sell but you never know what you might find.

~Rachel

kathyhimmer
06-13-2003, 05:25 PM
I am experienced in retouching photos.
If you have an old, faded, or damaged photo of your pet that you would like restored, I may be able to do that.
Contact me at [email protected] to discuss it.

catmandu
07-10-2004, 08:47 AM
I dont have anthing,to sell,but this sounds like a Good Idea,to get Homeamde Craft Items!

Animal Lover12
05-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Yes, this is a good idea.

Kittyluver!!
01-08-2007, 03:56 PM
ive never noticed this forum be4!:rolleyes: :D
me either

sana
05-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I really wish that I would be promoted, but I kinda don't understand that who can get promotion and who can't.

Karen
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Sana, this part of the site, the Marketplace forum, is for people who are members here to do promotion - like if someone wants to sell jewelry they have made, or promote a website they have - things like that. We do restrict it to members, so people cannot just come here, and have their first post be trying to sell us something when we have no idea who they are!

Does that clear it up?

cubbie
04-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I am a gift consultant with La Bella Baskets and I would love for you guys to see the beautiful dog products-not many though. How can I add my pics, no url.

Bev

http://stuffedlove.labellabaskets.com/