PDA

View Full Version : ugh I have a horrible headache

sparks19
11-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't know what is causing this headache but it's killing me. it's RIGHT behind my eyes... mostly behind my right eye and in the back of my head. it's actually messing with my vision a little bit. I took some ibuprofen but so far it's not helping.

any ideas on what else I can try to get rid of it?

Grace
11-07-2009, 03:25 PM
If it's really that uncomfortable, and the usual treatments don't dent it, you should go to the ER. Especially as it is affecting your vision.

sparks19
11-07-2009, 03:41 PM
well I know what's causing it... as I get this headache every month if you get my drift lol

I'm going to try a cup of coffee and see if the caffiene helps

caseysmom
11-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Try something for your sinuses you can take that along with motrin it usually has tylenol.

Grace
11-07-2009, 03:48 PM
well I know what's causing it... as I get this headache every month if you get my drift lol

I'm going to try a cup of coffee and see if the caffiene helps

Got it!! You might try pregnancy again ;)

Taz_Zoee
11-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Rub the pressure point on your hand. The webby area between your thumb and pointer finger. Press on it (or have hubby do it) as hard as you can stand it.
This works for me sometimes and my friend about freaked out when I tried it on her and it worked. It may not work on everyone though.

sparks19
11-07-2009, 03:52 PM
yeah the pain behind my eye has subsided a bit since I laid down for about 5 minutes with my eyes closed now it's just the back of my head. but I'm having a spiced chai tea and see if that makes me feel any better (a little caffiene)

I will try the pressure point thing too. does it matter which hand I do it on?

and I will take something for my sinuses too as I have been having some congestion issues

Grace... that's one suggestion I won't be trying again just yet :p lol

caseysmom
11-07-2009, 04:47 PM
My daughter had such a bad headache at school last thursday I had to take her some motrin, that an something for sinuses finally helped.

sparks19
11-07-2009, 04:48 PM
well I don't know what specifically helped or if it was the fact that I was thinking of these methods instead of my headache but it's much better than it was. It's still there but the stabbing pain is gone.

caseysmom
11-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I was afraid she was getting the swine flu or something the headache was so bad. I think she is just under a lot of pressure right now. She is trying to get into the Air Force Academy and there is a lot of pressure. She is broken out pretty bad now too.

sparks19
11-07-2009, 04:54 PM
I was afraid she was getting the swine flu or something the headache was so bad. I think she is just under a lot of pressure right now. She is trying to get into the Air Force Academy and there is a lot of pressure. She is broken out pretty bad now too.

Oh yeah... stress can give the worst headaches