PDA

View Full Version : Can you send a card NOW please?

Freedom
11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Received this notice. Checked it on snopes.com and it is true.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/biorkman.asp

As this season of giving begins, I hope you can take a few minutes out of your day. 5 year old Noah has neuroblastoma and is very sick. His Mom Diane is having Christmas for him next week. The family is requesting Christmas cards for Noah. A LOT OF THEM! Please send Noah a card, it would mean a lot to him and his family~ send to

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

I have visions of Noah getting lots of animal cards from PT'ers! LOL :D

Grace
11-05-2009, 09:42 PM
This is a local story for us - we saw it on Channel 4 news the other night.
Thanks for posting it.

Boy With Cancer Celebrates Christmas
Family Receives Thousands Of Cards From Strangers

POSTED: Wednesday, November 4, 2009
UPDATED: 8:52 am EST November 5, 2009

SOUTH LYON, Mich. -- The community and family of a 5-year-old South Lyon boy with cancer are celebrating Christmas this weekend.

Noah Biorkman has been fighting cancer since he was 3 years old. He was diagnosed with neuroblastoma in February of 2007, went into remission six months later but relapsed in September of 2008.

Biorkman is currently in hospice care and his family is asking for help in making this Christmas special for him by sending cards.

Thousands of cards and gifts have been pouring into the Biorkman’s mailbox from strangers around the world.

Wednesday, Local 4 was there as Biorkman opened some of the gifts with his family.

The 5-year-old said an angel figurine ornament was his favorite because it reminded him of where he’ll soon be.

“In heaven, and I’m going to be an angel,” Biorkman said.

His parents, Diana and Scott, said they have come to grips that their son won’t make it until Christmas Day in December.

“We made sure he got to have Christmas … my family dropped everything, they’re bringing the food, everybody’s coming and we’re all excited to spend Christmas with him this week,” Diana Biorkman said. “His time is very short.”

Santa is scheduled to make a visit with the South Lyon Fire Department this weekend to the family’s home.

Cards can be sent to:
Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI, 48178

3Catcondo
11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
One of my facebook friends posted this on her FB page. I will def send a card now that I know it's a true request. Thanks!!!

Husky_mom
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I saw it on FB too.. already making one for him to send ASAP..;)

Grace
11-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Just to let you all know, Noah died at home on Monday.

From AnnArbor.com -

South Lyon boy who touched thousands died Monday

A South Lyon boy who touched thousands of lives while battling neuroblastoma cancer has died.

Noah Biorkman was 5. A statement issued by his family said the boy died Monday morning at his home. He garnered national attention in recent weeks after after friends started a campaign to make sure he had one final Christmas.

Biorkman had received more than 1 million Christmas cards in recent months. The family celebrated on Nov. 8.

The family's statement thanked people for their "continued support over the past few years during Noah's illness."

The family plans to equally donate money they have received to Neuroblastoma Research at Mott's Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

A private funeral is planned.

Freedom
11-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for posting that, Grace. I heard and didn't get back on here until now to add the sad news.

pomtzu
11-26-2009, 03:18 PM
That's so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to his family.

It difficult enough to lose an adult loved one, but to lose a child who has had no time to experience much of life, is just tragic.

Everyone - go hug your kids and be thankful that you have them with you - for you never know when it all could end.