PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, Fly your flags!

RICHARD
11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
7 dead and 20 wounded..

This really ticks me off.

---------------

AP reports that there were two different shootings.

The first at a processing center.

One in custody and another is still at large.

Grace
11-05-2009, 03:00 PM
From CNN - 10 minutes ago.

At least one person is "neutralized" in connection with the incident, and a second is "cornered," retired Army Lt. Gen. Russell Honore told CNN, citing "unofficial, unconfirmed reports" from two sources.

lvpets2002
11-05-2009, 03:52 PM
:(:( Thanks for starting this Thread for us.. I am just sick to my stomack & so upset & in tears right now.. Ft Hood is about 4 hrs south from me.. Those sorry Asssssss BBBssss that are doing this.. They have one shooter in custody & after the second shooter & they think there might be three shooters.. They was dressed in army cloths.. Please Let Us Pray & send Prayers for all of these people..
7 dead and 20 wounded..

This really ticks me off.

---------------

AP reports that there were two different shootings.

The first at a processing center.

One in custody and another is still at large.

pomtzu
11-05-2009, 04:05 PM
The shooter was killed. It was reported that he was an officer with the rank of Major - with an Arabic sounding name. Two other suspects in custody and are being questioned.

12 dead - 31 wounded

This reported by MSNBC

Riptide
11-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Freaked the heck out of me. My dad is there on lockdown right now..just glad he's ok.

Grace
11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Officials ID shooter as Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, an Army psychiatrist.

Graduated from Virginia Tech; Med school at Uniformed Services University - Bethesda, Md.; Residency at Walter Reed. Recently stationed at Darnall Army Medical Center, Fort Hood.

Alysser
11-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Graduated from Virginia Tech

That sends chills up my spine. What a tragedy. :(

Riptide
11-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Alyssa I was thinking the same thing :(

Daisy and Delilah
11-05-2009, 11:22 PM
I just read that the gunman was not killed. He is still alive but was shot four times and is in critical condition.:(

What a terrible tragedy. :(

KYS
11-06-2009, 10:31 AM
In the LA Times the shooter Nidal Malik Hasan a religious American muslin has been under investigation by the FBI for anti American comments likening suicide bombers to heroic solders etc. on the Internet.
He became distraught when he got orders to be deployed to Iraq.
On Fox cable news they interviewed a retired Colonel whom had worked with
Hasan stated Mr. Hasan had made remarks in the past that were anti-American among his co-workers.

A brave female civilian Army police officer who was also wounded, shot him multiple times stopping him from committing more carnage.

I feel anger, horrified and sadness. Their are so many unanswered questions, that hopefully will come out in time.

RICHARD
11-06-2009, 02:03 PM
I really am angry about this event.

This idiot doesn't want to go overseas to "kill people", So, he does it at home.:mad:

I'm sitting here watching the new conference and wondered about showing a little solidarity for the people affected by the actions of this idiot.

My flag is up and flying.

It's the least we can do.:(

lizbud
11-06-2009, 06:36 PM
A brave female civilian Army police officer who was also wounded, shot him multiple times stopping him from committing more carnage.

I just read about the woman cop. She was very brave.Just the kind
of person I'd want to have my back.:)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/11/06/2009-11-06_police_sgt_kimberly_munley_credited_with_ending _fort_hood_gunman_maj_nidal_malik.html