PDA

View Full Version : Ripley

jazzcat
11-05-2009, 11:36 AM
My sweet old man Ripley is gone. I had to make that horrible decision this morning.

He hadn't been eating and the daily rounds of sub-q fluids were doing no good. He started collecting fluids overnight which indicated there was something more than just renal failure happening. At 17 1/2 years of age I didn't want to put him through tests and more suffering.

We will miss him so much. He's been with us since late April of 1992 when he was just 7 weeks old. He was my very first cat and he opened my world to many new things. He will always have a very special place in my heart.

Rest in Peace my sweet panda paws. Be sure to tell them you like ice cubes in your water.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/2008/IMG_0431.jpg

happylabs
11-05-2009, 11:40 AM
So sorry for your loss. It is never an easy decision to make but somehow we always know when the time has come. He was a very handsome cat, such pretty white paws and chest. Bless you and your family.

smokey the elder
11-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm so sorry about Ripley. What a handsome boy!

Pinot's Mom
11-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful Ripley! Please take comfort in that he lived a long, happy life with you, and you did the very best for him up to and especially his last day. He'll let you know in his own special way he's happy and that he loves you for helping him to the Bridge. Peace.

Prairie Purrs
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm so sorry. Sweet, handsome Ripley! He had a long, wonderful life, but that doesn't make it one bit easier to let them go.

Rest well at the RB, Ripley boy. You are missed.

kuhio98
11-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Rest in Peace beautiful Ripley. Play hard and enjoy your days until you're reunited again.

My Kuhio will gladly share her Alaskan ice cubes with such a handsome gentlemen.

Laura's Babies
11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Awe, Jazz, I am so sorry for your loss. What a handsome and special boy he was. I know your heart is broken.. ((((HUGS)))))

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry about Ripley. :( He was a special kitty and you will never forget him. He is also a very handsome guy.

RIP Ripley

krazyaboutkatz
11-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You did the right thing and now he's pain free and up at the Bridge playing. He sure was a handsome boy and he'll never be forgotten. RIP sweet Ripley.:(

RICHARD
11-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Sending your house good thought.....

Rip Ripley-thanks for letting us now about your loss.:(

katladyd
11-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Take comfort in the knowledge he apprectiates the fact that you didn't let him suffer. He loves you for that! Ripley, let your meowmie know you are okay and will see her again.:love:

Killearn Kitties
11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm so sorry that Ripley has gone. :( I always liked to hear about Ripley and see new pictures of him, and his baby picture is just the cutest thing ever!

Rest in peace, handsome Ripley. We will not forget you here.

Queen of Poop
11-05-2009, 02:02 PM
So very sorry for your loss.

Cataholic
11-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I am so very sorry, Lori. Ripley was much loved and lived a long, generous life with you. That doesn't soften the blow any, I know. May his memories bring you comfort in time.

prechrswife
11-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I"m so sorry for your loss...:(

jennielynn1970
11-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Play hard at the Bridge, sweet boy.

Randi
11-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Dear Lori, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Ripley. :( He was such a sweet and handsome boy. I believe you picked the right time to say goodbye, so that he didn't have to suffer. He had a long and wonderful life with you and I hope that will be a comfort in this sad time.

Rest in Peace, sweet Ripley - you will never be forgotten, and you will be in your mommy's heart forever! :love:

((((hugs))))

Medusa
11-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Lori, what a testament to the good mom that you are and have been to Ripley all these 17 1/2 years. He lived such a good life w/you but I know that isn't what it's all about right now; it's that you'll miss his sweet face and those panda paws. RIP sweet Ripley and peace to you, Lori. :love:

Moesha
11-05-2009, 02:55 PM
My heartfelt condolences and sympathies go out to you as well. I'm so sorry for your loss. He certainly was a special boy and his legacy will live on as long as you keep helping kitties. They have him to thank for being such a wonderful guy.

Grace
11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
What a wonderful life he led. RIP, sweet Ripley :love:

catmandu
11-05-2009, 02:57 PM
We are so sad to hear about your Friend Ripley.
This has been maybe the worst year for Our Pet Talker Friends losing thier long time Cat Companions that I can recall.
I look at the names om the Cat Memorial thread and almost are are Cats who have been here for many years and we see them when they are young, when they are in thier primes and now when its thier turn to pass on to the Rainbow Bridge.
When I saw the name Ripley I said oh no, and had LES.
I know that Ripley is a Grand Old Cat and a big Part of Your Life :love:
Hes now with the Awesome Angel Army touring the USA with his beautiful wings of Silver and Gold , and hes starting his search for that One Place where you will all be reunited in love again.
On your
One Fine Day.:)

carole
11-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh Lori i am so sad to read your thread, i know it is never easy no matter what, even though you knew it was his time, he is indeed a fine feline, very beautiful, was he maine coon?

Please know you are in my thoughts at this sad time, and feel happy knowing that Ripley shared a wonderful happy life with you, and treasure your special memories, take care and HUGS.

astrid
11-05-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm so sory for your loss :(
My prayers are with you.

RIP handsome Ripley.

lvpets2002
11-05-2009, 04:06 PM
:( I am so sorry for your loss.. Ripley God Speed to RB & play hard at the Bridge..

phesina
11-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I am so very sorry. What a handsome, beautiful cat, and what a wonderful long life he shared with you!

God bless you and give you peace in your sorrow.

Rest in peace, dearest Ripley, you are so much loved and missed.

Edwina's Secretary
11-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Godspeed Ripley! Oh how much you were loved and how much you gave in return!

cassiesmom
11-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Jazzcat, I am so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))

Catty1
11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Oh NO. I am so sorry to hear this. You looked after him so well, gave him ice cubes, and he lived as long as he did because of your love and care.

I know - it is never long enough.

{{{{hugs}}}}:love::love::love::love:

ETA: Found a couple of pics...love this one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/d7.jpg

Happy toes, being brushed by Dad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/bed7.jpg

Ripley and Meowmie: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=80617&highlight=Ripley

Ripley's Post: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=86669&highlight=Ripley

And at 7 weeks old: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/rip4.jpg

Ripley, little did you know then that you had the best furrever home of all.

ChrisH
11-06-2009, 04:09 AM
Lori, I am so sorry, and sad, to read that it was time for Ripley to leave you and go to the Bridge. Such a beautiful boy.

Rest in peace dear Ripley.

kb2yjx
11-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I am sorry to read about your Ripley....Sleep softly, dear Ripley...

Vio&Juni
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Lori, I am sorry to hear that. I've always liked Ripley a lot. He had a good life with you.

Barbara
11-07-2009, 03:41 AM
Lori, I am so sorry to hear about Ripley. Just reading Vio's message I know he would be her type of guy, just like Pichu and my sweet Tigris. A majestic looking cat with such a big heart for humans.
I know how you feel and I hope that sometimes the moments in which you seem to feel his soft paw are not only hurting but also give a little comfort.

Kirsten
11-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Oh no! :( Lori, I'm so sorry!! Hard to imagine that this beautiful old boy is no longer with you! I'm really sorry!! Ripley has been blessed with a long life full of love and joy! But no matter how long they live, it seems we're never ready for this. And yet it was an decision of love to help him making his final journey...

R.I.P. sweet Ripley! :love:

Kirsten

rosethecopycat
11-07-2009, 07:17 AM
What a wonderful life you had, Ripley. It's never enough time though.

Godspeed to the Bridge, dear big boy.

Vermontcat
11-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that your handsome boy Ripley has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.:(
He always was one of my favorite Pet Talk kitties.
I know how hard it is to lose a beloved cat after so many wonderful years together.
I'm sure Samantha is hanging out with him at the Rainbow Bridge.
Sending lots of hugs your way.:love:

luvofallhorses
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( RIP Handsome Ripley! :love:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Another of my PT favorites is gone. :(

I'm so svery sorry to hear of Ripley's passing, Lori. I know exactly what you're going through and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It is a comfort knowing he had a good long life, though, so hold that close, along with all the great memories you have of him. That picture of him at 7 weeks is just too adorable!

RIP Ripley, you will be dearly missed. :(

CultureJunky
11-26-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Ripley, he was a super cat. RIP Sweet guy.

Anikaca77
12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Ripley.

My prays are with you and your family.

Melissa