PDA

View Full Version : Clean Freak - this time OxyDeep

sirrahbed
11-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Ok your resident clean freak is here again:cool: I saw a reference to one of my very favorite - magic eraser and thought there is yet another I cannot live without and that is Woolite OxyDeep. It is a spray on fabric and carpet cleaner that is *fabulous*. I have yet to have a stain on my carpet that has not come out with this - even grease and purple berries tracked in from outside. Catbarf sometimes leaves stains the color of catfood and all I do is get out my spray bottle of Oxy and an old washcloth and the color disappears. I guess I should try some of the other "Oxy" products to see if they also work like this! Let me know if you try this:D

Edwina's Secretary
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I will have to try this. Had carpets shampooed for the second time this year yesterday. First time - normal annual cleaning - second time as a result of a very nasty (and expensive!) plumbing disaster.

The cat food colored stains are such a problem. I try and try to convince them - especially Eddie :rolleyes: to puke on tile but they just don't get it.

I've sent myself an email to get some and will let you know.

pomtzu
11-04-2009, 10:50 AM
I've never tried this. I just keep a spray bottle of carpet cleaner on hand that I mix up from the large bottle of concentrate that I buy for my shampooer.

Pinot's Mom
11-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I have sworn by OxyClean (original powdered form) for YEARS! I have white carpet in my house and we've lived there over 8 years. I also have an area rug in the dining room (hardwoods under) that has an off white background. All my carpets have had MAJOR spills and accidents (lots of red wine, various food, and other things I don't need to go into). I keep a tub of the OxyClean in my laundry room (just off the kitchen); depending on the size of the problem, I take OxyClean, mix it with hot water in the appropriate container, scoop it on and blot it off. It NEVER fails me! :)

We also have a Bissel scrubber we use every couple of years for all the carpet.

lvpets2002
11-04-2009, 12:32 PM
:eek: WoW I never thought of trying that.. I will have to get some.. Yup have several cat throw up spots that have stained the carpet.. Thanks for the hint..

Cinder & Smoke
11-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I try and try to convince them - especially Eddie :rolleyes: to puke on tile
but they just don't get it.

Or, if you just CAN'T make it to the bathroom or the kitchen;
at least STAND STILL to hurl!!!! One "spot" would be so nice ...

But NOOOOOOOO ... the Urk & Gurk starts and the urge to *wander* sets in ...

When the Sicklie One finally gets everything *tossed out* :p -
He/She is frozen in front of the long-ago OPENED door -
and completely out of ammunition ... it having been *spewed* out :mad:
in an almost continuous trail through at least TWO carpeted rooms! :mad:

And they wonder WHY I tend to get TENSE! :(

kokopup
11-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I have tried at least 4 different OXY products and they all work like a charm.
I've never tried Oxy Deep but any woolite product is good. I used to swear
by Tuffstuff but have had better luck with OXY type products. You have to be
more careful to be sure to get all the stain or it might sour. With Oxy products
the stain might disappear but still be there.

Edwina's Secretary
11-04-2009, 10:47 PM
But NOOOOOOOO ... the Urk & Gurk starts and the urge to *wander* sets in ...

Oh yes! That is Edwina's specialty. Eddie is more - "where ever I am is a good place to hurl"...rather annoying when he is sleeping in our "not yet made" bed (I suppose it IS easier to wash the sheets/bedspread than the carpet...:rolleyes::rolleyes:) or a favorite - while sleeping on an antique quilt.

Pam
11-05-2009, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the tip! I have written down the name and I will pick some up and add it to my arsenal. :p I have been using Simple Green for throw up spots (thank you Ripley :rolleyes: ) and it seems to work well but does a better job if you get to the stain when it happens. There is nothing worse than coming home from work and finding a "surprise" that has been there for probably hours. Bella has only gotten sick twice in the almost nine years that we have had her :) and Andy unleashes his hairballs in the basement. He is such a good boy. I half expect to find them in the litterbox. haha!

Catlady711
11-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Gosh, I've been using the Woolite P.O.D. (portable oxy deep) for almost 2 years now.

http://www.woolitecarpet.com/images/Products/838_green-M.gif
http://www.woolitecarpet.com/Products/Product.asp?catalog_name=BISSELL&category_name=Oxygen+Activation&product_id=P%2EO%2ED%2E

It works great on cat vomit stans, and just about any other stain I have. I can't hardly find the P.O.D. part anymore. However since there's always a conspiracy about discontinuing any product I like, I bought several P.O.D.'s when I first found them, then found out that Oxy Deep was what was in them. So I saved my empty P.O.D.'s and just refill them (even though it says it's not refillable, they lie;))

I like that I don't have to haul around a brush, bottle and paper towel. I just grab my P.O.D. and go to town.

sparks19
11-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey I wonder if it would be ok to use an oxy clean solution in my carpet cleaner.

I seriously clean the carpets EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Every tuesday I clean the carpets. the cleaner that I use is the normal carpet cleaner solution you buy for those things and it works well enough but I wonder if I could use oxyclean in it and it might work BETTER

kitten645
11-06-2009, 11:20 PM
I just did a search on carpet cleaning. Any "soap" or "cleaner" leaves an oiley residue that attract dirt. I read that instead of the cleaner, you should use white vinegar. Maybe spotclean with the oxy but generel clean with the oxy?
Claudia

Catlady711
11-10-2009, 07:33 PM
I just did a search on carpet cleaning. Any "soap" or "cleaner" leaves an oiley residue that attract dirt. I read that instead of the cleaner, you should use white vinegar. Maybe spotclean with the oxy but generel clean with the oxy?
Claudia

I normally use Tide or Wisk in my rinse-n-vac and then go back over it again with plain water as a rinse to get out the soap. I figure you don't wash your clothes without a rinse cycle, why not the carpets as well.

sparks19
11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
OMG....

I did it today. Washed my carpets with an oxyclean solution.

all I can say is AMAZING!!!!!

The carpets look brand new. it took EVERY stain out and didn't leave the carpet feeling crunchy.

I will never use regular carpet cleaner again lol. I'm so excited about how beautiful the carpet looks.

caseysmom
11-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Okay I am going to try that in my carpet cleaner.

kokopup
11-11-2009, 08:02 AM
In this area we have Carpet rental machines at places like Winn-Dixie. The rental machines have a rack where they sell carpet cleaner supply products for the machines they rent. One of their products that works great for me is their pet stain remover with Oxygen "OXY". If you have a rental place where you live you might check their supply rack to see if they have the "OXY" pet stain remover. It will work in any carpet cleaning machine.