PDA

View Full Version : Just a vent....

Catty1
11-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Ex-BF ran off with a vehicle that was signed over to him and that he was making payments on. Went to Winnipeg. One payment went NSF. Loan is in my name. Car has been repo'd in Winnipeg so I know where it is. Just getting ex (with help of Winnipeg friends, hopefully) to revert ownership, I pay arrears of $1200 +, send the finance company proof of ownership and insurance, fly to Winnipeg and drive it back here because someone in Calgary wants to buy - a contact of my former boss.

Had three parking accidents and two tickets in the last year - insurance has tripled to $1855.00. My ins guy can take off the collision and I pay only $869 or so.

Looking for a full time real job so I can do this...take my cats for their slightly overdue checkups and me for an overdue dental one.

Have not been able to pay anything on my line of credit...have to sell this place to do it and they aren't selling well. Will move if I need to! Ex had $5000 of my money in his account (long story) and he is applying for welfare tomorrow.

Heading to small claims court in the near future.

God does amazing things...so I hope something happens soon...

Many of us are having money problems, and I am not unique. Just needed to vent a little.

Thanks.

Queen of Poop
11-03-2009, 04:18 PM
How can I help you?

Medusa
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, money issues are rampant right now, that's for sure. Prayers going up for you right now, Candace. Keep the faythe. :love:

Catty1
11-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Gayle - you're so sweet to ask, with all you are dealing with!

I need a job I can walk to so I can just put my car on blocks for a year! :D

Papers come out tomorrow, so I will look again.

Keeping the faythe...

Am talking to my realtor about selling this place, clearing out the LOC, and then buying a mobile home. There are some nice ones in Greenwood (or whatever it is called) near COP.

Like many, I need to downsize and am happy to. However, Mom is NOT happy about that. Hey, economic reality sucks, Mom! I am grateful for what you have done, but you can't - nor should you - bail me out of this one.

thanks, Mary and Gayle.

happylabs
11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
That really stinks. Why do all of our problems always seem to stem back to the men in our lives? I think I will continue to stay single. Too many losers out there these days.

NicoleLJ
11-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I so know where you are coming from. Wishing you better luck then me right now. Keep your chin up. I am trying to and failing miserably. There have got to be better things for you in your future.

happylabs
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Just thought of something to be glad for. At least you didn't marry the guy. I was married for 17 years to the guy who I thought was the love of my life and we had two kids together. Then, he sees his old college girlfriend at some type of reunion and ditches me and our kids for her. Well, I survived and I know you will too.

phesina
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Holy cow, Candace! What a lot to have to contend with all at the same time.

We are sending along all our good wishes and keeping our fingers and toesies all crossed for you.

Pat and cats

Catty1
11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I just pm'd Gayle...we have a place where I live that does home-made pies right on the premises. A few slices of Texas Buttermilk will help her gain an ounce or two!;)

I want

My ex to get the registration returned to my name so I can go get the vehicle. I have a very solid friend in Winnipeg who will call him tomorrow and they will give him a ride if need be.

A truck or van or something to take about 15 - 20 boxes to his place in Winnipeg. He said COD - and he is applying for welfare tomorrow. It'll be a cold day in H before he can pay it. I CAN'T pay it and I won't! It's HIS mess to take care of. But I want it all out of here and his friend's garage.

I want someone to help me straighten out the mess in my house. I get overwhelmed so easily. Mostly to get the boxes and get Norm's stuff packed up.

Just putting it out to the universe.

THANK YOU all.

Genny
11-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm real sorry to hear about all that-it sucks. Anyways I'll say a prayer for everything to be alright and work out for ya :)

Catty1
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks, Genny. ;):)

Anikaca77
11-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Catty-

I"m so sorry to hear of your troubles. What is your paypal account and next week when I get paid I can send you a bit.

:)

Take care,
Melissa

Cataholic
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Catty- sorry for these financial troubles.

As a note to anyone reading this- never give up the "right" (the car, the house, the whatever) without giving up the "responsibility" (the promise to pay). You lose the power, and find yourself in deep financial doo-doo.

Edwina's Secretary
11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Catty- sorry for these financial troubles.

As a note to anyone reading this- never give up the "right" (the car, the house, the whatever) without giving up the "responsibility" (the promise to pay). You lose the power, and find yourself in deep financial doo-doo.

I'll add to that Jo...I would never, ever co-sign for someone. NO ONE. I'll loan money. I'll give money. But NEVER co-sign. Your credit is the most valuable thing you own!

Catty1
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Actually, yesterday morning my former boss said he was ready to pay cash to buy the vehicle (pay out loan). :D

I emailed the ex immediately. He replied that GMAC had repo'd the car the day before.

I was relieved...but getting him to sign the registration back(ownership in Alberta) will be something else.

At least I know where the vehicle is and can get it.

Cataholic
11-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Actually, yesterday morning my former boss said he was ready to pay cash to buy the vehicle (pay out loan). :D

I emailed the ex immediately. He replied that GMAC had repo'd the car the day before.

I was relieved...but getting him to sign the registration back(ownership in Alberta) will be something else.

At least I know where the vehicle is and can get it.

I don't know CA laws. In Ohio, a repo is an instant credit blemish, and the ownership of the car reverts to the loan holder. So, in Ohio, knowing where the car is after a repo is meaningless. In fact, taking the car- once the bank has exercised the right to reposess would probably land the person taking the car in criminal court.

Again, giving up the rights of ownership but still having the obligation is a financial nightmare.

pomtzu
11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't know CA laws. In Ohio, a repo is an instant credit blemish, and the ownership of the car reverts to the loan holder. So, in Ohio, knowing where the car is after a repo is meaningless. In fact, taking the car- once the bank has exercised the right to reposess would probably land the person taking the car in criminal court.

Again, giving up the rights of ownership but still having the obligation is a financial nightmare.

Also, in most cases, the car will not be released until the loan balance is paid in full, or a specific amount determined by the finance company or bank has been determined. Most places won't take the chance of getting burned by non payment a second time. It's just not worth the trouble to them.

Once it is repo'ed, it is towed to an impound lot which is secure and locked up tight, and there's no way someone is able to get in and just take the car. In addition to the loan balance, you also get socked with towing and storage charges on the vehicle for as long as it's impounded.

I would imagine Canadian law is pretty much the same as U.S. law.

carole
11-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Hang on in there girl, so sorry you have been badly burnt by this person,you do not deserve this, i am thinking of you,You are a strong woman ,who has been through a lot of adversity in life and come through it, you will again, sending positive vibes your way and hoping life improves quickly for you ,take care and hugs.

Catty1
11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks to the Creator working in many ways, I have basically to just fly to Winnipeg and pick up the vehicle! The paperwork has been all smoothed out.

Thank you all.:love: