PDA

View Full Version : Wordpad - different on 2 computers...advice?

Catty1
11-02-2009, 08:12 PM
ok, this one has me stymied.

I sent a client a receipt. It's a .doc though since a reinstall I am using Open Office.

She only has Wordpad and Notepad on her computer. When she went to open the receipt, it was all Cobol type garbled crap. Same with Notepad (different garbled crap).

When I use the "Open With" feature on my computer and choose Wordpad, the same document opens just fine.

So...what gives? Can't really formulate the question to even ask Google properly.

Thanks!

Randi
11-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Try saving the .doc as .txt and then send it to her. It should open in any of those little text programmes.

Catty1
11-03-2009, 10:06 AM
k - it was a receipt with my logo, but I will try text. I also found a Microsoft product called Word Viewer (like PowerPoint Viewer - you don't need the whole program).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3657CE88-7CFA-457A-9AEC-F4F827F20CAC&DisplayLang=en

Haven't heard from my client so don't know if this worked for her. Will let you know!

Randi
11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
With only Wordpad and Notepad, she will not be able to see your logo - in what program did you make that?