PDA

View Full Version : CRAZY Tortie!

Ketzie's Mom
11-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi,

My friend has adopted a little tortie. She is the most precious little thing. She is 4 months old (my friend has has her since she was 8 weeks old). I have never seen a kitten quite like her. She has one main goal in life and that is to PLAY and get into all sorts of mischief. Shayna is into everything and sadly she can be a bit destructive.

My friend loves her little one but she needs some help. Shayna simply will not stay off of mythe kitchen counters and dinner table. Does anyone have any ideas as to what she can do to accomplish this.

So far she has tried spritzing her with water, sternly telling her no and picking her up and placing her back on the floor.

I know for some this mat not see like a big deal but it is really driving my friend nuts. She is even considering giving her up. This is not her first cat. As a matter of fact she has had three others. This is the first one that simply will not listen or learn.

Please help.

bowlkat
11-01-2009, 09:05 PM
One thing I have heard of for counters and such, is to put a few nice strips of double-faced tape in 'popular' areas of the counter- cats HATE the feeling of walking on sticky stuff like tape, and perhaps a few days of that will do away with the huge desire to spend time up there! Sounds like the tortie is doing her best to 'train' the human in this case, and that the tortie is 'winning'-- which might be bad for her, if people are contemplating giving her up. Smarter cats (and I certainly include Torties) can definitely get into 'battles of wits' with their humans on topics like this and they can be stubborn as hell- good luck!!

In my house, we eventually ran up a white flag and said to hell with it, the cats can be on the counters all they want, what's the harm? We lost and they won. Result is, they now don't spend much time there- the thrill is gone now, they're allowed to do it so it isn't so desirable any more.

blue
11-01-2009, 10:13 PM
We need pics of said kitteh.

Pinot's Mom
11-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Smarter cats (and I certainly include Torties) can definitely get into 'battles of wits' with their humans on topics like this and they can be stubborn as hell- good luck!!

In my house, we eventually ran up a white flag and said to hell with it, the cats can be on the counters all they want, what's the harm? We lost and they won. Result is, they now don't spend much time there- the thrill is gone now, they're allowed to do it so it isn't so desirable any more.

I have a little Tabby/Tortie blend who is VERY smart and we kind of gave up on the counters as well. She's now two and a half; she gets up on the counters occasionally, but doesn't live there. You pick your battles; that's just one that becomes rather unimportant when you stop obsessing about it.

GILL
11-02-2009, 09:01 AM
WELCOME to THE WORLD OF "TORITUD" The torties thay we have had all do the same things, this includes our PENNY. They will do what they want when they want. if they want loving you will give it NOW! They love to play and will drive anyone else nuts. Penny will pick up a ball and wing it at Demitri when he stops playing.

Ketzie's Mom
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
She is a cutie! I have never seen a cat that has fur as soft as her fur is. But boy is she a handful!

Gotta Luv Her!

aTailOf2Kitties
11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
wow, she's pretty!:love: Kinda has that "wild" look about her